FWIW.

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

This thread is entertaining!  I especially like the trolls.

It's hard to pick out the trolls anymore during times like these. Everyone acts the same. 

16 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The stack wasn't working against Clemson.  So they tried to widen the alignment to create space for the outside deep ball.

looked like Jarretts first read is the deep ball.  By the time he came off it he had no time.  

Chip even mentioned it in his presser yesterday in the 2nd half they were looking to hit a big play on a deep throw.  So they kept trying and trying.  Why you ask?

OL blocking couldn't sustain drives and allow for a run game.  

Everything you say here reeks of inept coaching to me. If lindsey truly has the reins it's all on him and gus. Griese expounded a couple of times on how he saw our offensive woes tied to a lack of a significant intermediate passing game, and I'm pretty sure 95% of people who know the situation agree with that. 

We are getting murdered by the pass rush, so our coaches say, "let's focus on the long ball." Unreal. 

I have a hard time believing this as well. But at the same time, if this isn't true... then Chip calls the same stupid plays that Gus called last year. 

The same sugar huddle. The same WR screens for no yards. Everything to be exact. 

The offense Saturday look NO different than last year. 

We did call a lot of pass plays though. Cam Martin didn't get used hardly at all. Was a joke no matter who was in charge. 

If I am Chip and didn't call those plays, I'd take up for myself. It will look much much worse for him in the future if he takes the blame for something he didn't do...

37 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The problem wasn't CRL either. I'm sure he's buthurt about coaching UCONN right now.

He would rather be there than in the dumpster fire that is the Auburn offense right now. 

I think most good DCs have figured out pretty much how to stop Gus' offense on a more frequent basis and the cat has pretty much gotten out of the bag and out of the back yard as well. Gus needs to take a vacation for the next 3-4 weeks and let CCL run the show uninterrupted. This would prove either 2 things:

1. The thrill is totally gone out of his (Gus) offense with CLL's offense moving to ball up and down the field with excellent Gus free results.

2. CLL's offense is not doable in SEC competition and is as bad as what Gus runs. I think the problems lie somewhere in the middle of this scenario, and just does not work in the SEC anymore and it is time for a cool change as the Little River Band sang back in the 1980s. If we come out and stink up the field against LSU & MSU, then we need to do as UGA & LSU did in recent memory.  Let Coach Steele be the interim coach and finish out the season as best as we can. Folks, I want to see us start winning big again and really want Gus to do the right thing and coach this team with a solid plan that gives our offense a solid chance to win each game left and not have to deal with any of the scenarios I have mentioned.

1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

Everything you say here reeks of inept coaching to me. If lindsey truly has the reins it's all on him and gus. Griese expounded a couple of times on how he saw our offensive woes tied to a lack of a significant intermediate passing game, and I'm pretty sure 95% of people who know the situation agree with that. 

We are getting murdered by the pass rush, so our coaches say, "let's focus on the long ball." Unreal. 

Just repeating what Chip said in his presser.  

But regardless of all that.  Of any route tree.  We are run first team and I'm glad of that but if you can't run and you're a power inside running team you're offense is gonna look like crap.  

Is Dabo getting crap about his offense?  The did very little as well.  They got a couple PI calls, hit a 50/50 ball, and QB run from 30 yards out on a lineman misfit and a miss tackle by the line backer.  Their OL blocked mildly better then ours.  

19 minutes ago, corchjay said:

No it's not Stidham.  It's the entire offense.  Players and staff.  But the buck stops at the top.  Watch we will play Mercer all the same plays will be called and we will run up 50+ points.  Miss State we will put up in the 30's.  LSU low 20's or teens same with Bama.

How can you know how much fault is the players when the gameplan sucks and the adjustment is to double down on the long ball against a ferocious defensive rush? That buck starts and stops with gus and chip. 

Yes, the O works great against outmatched defenses but suffers greatly against talented D's largely due to coaching shortcomings. I won't argue that. You don't pay 4 mill a year for that. 

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think most good DCs have figured out pretty much how to stop Gus' offense on a more frequent basis and the cat has pretty much gotten out of the bag and out of the back yard as well. Gus needs to take a vacation for the next 3-4 weeks and let CCL run the show uninterrupted. This would prove either 2 things:

1. The thrill is totally gone out of his (Gus) offense with CLL's offense moving to ball up and down the field with excellent Gus free results.

2. CLL's offense is not doable in SEC competition and is as bad as what Gus runs. I think the problems lie somewhere in the middle of this scenario, and just does not work in the SEC anymore and it is time for a cool change as the Little River Band sang back in the 1980s. If we come out and stink up the field against LSU & MSU, then we need to do as UGA & LSU did in recent memory.  Let Coach Steele be the interim coach and finish out the season as best as we can. Folks, I want to see us start winning big again and really want Gus to do the right thing and coach this team with a solid plan that gives our offense a solid chance to win each game left and not have to deal with any of the scenarios I have mentioned.

Doc you are correct.  The game plan to stop our offense has been figured out.  Man to Man on the edge, bracketed coverage to the middle of the field, Blitz inside on pass rush and run Blitz.  The thing is there are only about 4 teams on our schedule that has the quality of players to do all that but in those games we lose. 

9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

He would rather be there than in the dumpster fire that is the Auburn offense right now. 

I don't know...$500,000 difference in salary is a hell of a lot of money. 

2 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

How can you know how much fault is the players when the gameplan sucks and the adjustment is to double down on the long ball against a ferocious defensive rush? That buck starts and stops with gus and chip. 

Yes, the O works great against outmatched defenses but suffers greatly against talented D's largely due to coaching shortcomings. I won't argue that. You don't pay 4 mill a year for that. 

You're saying the same thing I've been saying since saturday night yet for 2 nights you've tried to piss in my cheerios.  You don't like my responses put me on ignore.  Most hear  like my break down of what I see as a former high school OC.   And if you want a pissing match I've posted 1563 post with 1620 likes... you've posted over 14000 post with 344 likes.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

But regardless of all that.  Of any route tree.  We are run first team and I'm glad of that but if you can't run and you're a power inside running team you're offense is gonna look like crap.  

Is Dabo getting crap about his offense?  The did very little as well.  They got a couple PI calls, hit a 50/50 ball, and QB run from 30 yards out on a lineman misfit and a miss tackle by the line backer.  Their OL blocked mildly better then ours.  

They adusted much better and had two nice td drives against probably the best d they'll face outside of a bowl game or playoff. They ran short routes on third and fourth and short and completed them when they needed it most.

They outgained us 282-117. After the 1st qtr they outgained us 276-6. 

Game. Set. Match. No contest. Dabo.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

And if you want a pissing match I've posted 1563 post with 1620 likes... you've posted over 14000 post with 344 likes.  

You were way ahead. This statement basically knocked you back three or four points. 

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Why would Dabo be getting any crap? Of course he isn't.  He's the defending NC and most importantly, his offense has been working at a stellar rate for some years now. One game against a very good AU isn't gonna make any waves for him. Gus cannot say the same thing. It's not like Gus is taking a beating because of this one game, it's a pattern now and this was the tipping point for lot of folks. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You were way ahead. This statement basically knocked you back three or four points. 

Sometimes the epeen just takes over...

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You're saying the same thing I've been saying since saturday night yet for 2 nights you've tried to piss in my cheerios.  You don't like my responses put me on ignore.  Most hear  like my break down of what I see as a former high school OC.   And if you want a pissing match I've posted 1563 post with 1620 likes... you've posted over 14000 post with 344 likes.  

Who the hell compares likes???? No one effing cares how many likes you have, 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

This is just childish. Seriously. I am enjoying chatting with you here and getting your input. I have never put anyone on ignore here in 15 years. 

Congratulations on your likes. Lol. I don't post to get likes but I enjoy them when I get them. Probably 13000 of my posts came before we had likes, but you are still way up on me on the likes. There may be a trophy around here for you somewhere. Your a former HS OC? Congrats.  Does that mean no one can question or disagree with you on a talk board? Should we just sit back and enjoy your wisdom and shower you with likes? 

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Who the hell compares likes???? No one effing cares how many likes you have, 

Now you tell me....

Just now, tiger88 said:

This is just childish. Seriously. I am enjoying chatting with you here and getting your input. I have never put anyone on ignore here in 15 years. 

Congratulations on your likes. Lol. I don't post to get likes but I enjoy them when I get them. Probably 13000 of my posts came before we had likes, but you are still way up on me on the likes. There may be a trophy around here for you somewhere. Your a former HS OC? Congrats.  Does that mean no one can question or disagree with you on a talk board? Should we just sit back and enjoy your wisdom and shower you with likes? 

I was saying we are saying the same thing and have been since Saturday evening.  I provide input.  People like it some don't and I'm not defending Gus.  I'm only speaking to what I see in the alignment, my perception of the play call, and the execution.  

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Now you tell me....

I care.  I'm shallow like that.  I'm the king of Likes.  It's what I live for.  I have nothing better to do then watch a team that I am a fan of 4 times to watch OL, RB, QB and WR to see what is going on.  Then come back and reply on threads and get my well deserved likes.  :Sing:

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just now, corchjay said:

I was saying we are saying the same thing and have been since Saturday evening.  I provide input.  People like it some don't and I'm not defending Gus.  I'm only speaking to what I see in the alignment, my perception of the play call, and the execution.  

Then you should stick to that.  You were doing well until you made it personal.

34 minutes ago, corchjay said:

24 running plays called.  42 pass plays called.   Is that the hand of Gus?????????  I'm not trying to defend Gus but that is definitely not a Gus ratio.  

With Pettway hurting and Gus not trusting the other backs, had no choice but to pass.

Archived