The deadliest mass shooting in US history

AUDub

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

This guy probably had enough skill to fixture something for an 223 of .308, which is sad.

The amount of planning he must have put into this. #$@&!

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

That’s about the most retarded weapon I’ve seen. Way too much firepower to be a useless battle weapon. 

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s about the most retarded weapon I’ve seen. Way too much firepower to be a useless battle weapon. 

Just using it as an example. Hell, I'm spitballing about the idea of a crank fired rifle itself. Just think it's possible given how it sounded and that such mods are out there. 

Cranks are more practical when used on a base or bi-pod mounted weapon, freehand would not be very accurate IMO. Even in the Miculek video of the AR you could see the barrel moving around quite a bit.

22 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Cranks are more practical when used on a base or bi-pod mounted weapon, freehand would not be very accurate IMO. Even in the Miculek video of the AR you could see the barrel moving around quite a bit.

That's true, but he was hosing a nearly three acre are with 25,000 targets, so accuracy wasn't really a paramount concern. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

That's true, but he was hosing a nearly three acre are with 25,000 targets, so accuracy wasn't really a paramount concern. 

Probably more like 40k targets, but 3-400 yards is still 3-400 yards, I'm betting a bi-pod at the very least.

Matters not, guy's still a sick bastard.

21 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Needs a new barrel and belt fed ammo as well. And the odds of accidental discharges increases by a lot. Could be useful as an area target, suppressive fire weapon. However, I was primarily a .50 cal machine gunner overseas and even that accuracy( it’s a suppressive fire weapon) blows this weapon out of the water. Might as well take the crank off and call it a Rocky since he can hip fire those things. 

32 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

When does a “hobby” turn into matter of a security dilemma for his neighbors? I think ARs should be banned...but Kermit and Frog. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

When does a “hobby” turn into matter of a security dilemma for his neighbors? I think ARs should be banned...but Kermit and Frog. 

I guess I better move to a place where I'll have no neighbors then.

Regardless, it will be some time until the truth about this madman is known. And more to the point, no matter what went south with this nutjob, no matter what weapons he employed, what he did is sickening with severe traumatic consequences on all those sadly impacted.

Just now, stoic-one said:

Regardless, it will be some time until the truth about this madman is known. And more to the point, no matter what went south with this nutjob, no matter what weapons he employed, what he did is sickening with severe traumatic consequences on all those sadly impacted.

It is sickening. And the coward took his life as an easy out. Life just isn’t fair sometimes. 

2 hours ago, stoic-one said:

Probably more like 40k targets, but 3-400 yards is still 3-400 yards, I'm betting a bi-pod at the very least.

Telegraph reporting he had two weapons on "tripods." Pretty sure they meant bipods. 

35 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Actually could be either, I guess we'll find out somewhere down the road.

Looking at the windows again, two weapons on tripods does make sense.

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Telegraph reporting he had two weapons on "tripods." Pretty sure they meant bipods. 

I get the prefixes bi and tri but can one of you men explain this to me in regards to weaponry? Get past a handgun and I'm admitedly clueless.  

7 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I get the prefixes bi and tri but can one of you men explain this to me in regards to weaponry? Get past a handgun and I'm admitedly clueless.  

Bi-pod, 2 legs, mounts forward on the weapon leaving the rear of the rifle unsupported, that's the shooters job, usually in prone position or on an elevated rest.

Tripod, 3 legs, varies but usually a balanced mount toward the middle of the rifle, mostly for use standing depending on height.

It's easier 1 person to carry a field gun with a bi-pod.

22 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Bi-pod, 2 legs, mounts forward on the weapon leaving the rear of the rifle unsupported, that's the shooters job, usually in prone position or on an elevated rest.

Tripod, 3 legs, varies but usually a balanced mount toward the middle of the rifle, mostly for use standing depending on height.

It's just sickening to think someone would go to all this trouble, accumulate all the weapons/ammo/tripods/bipods & whatever to murder innocents like this.  And I have to believe there's more to this story regarding motivation than what's being reported.  His brother is being quoted he's shocked but dammit, he lives in Orlando -- what details could he possibly have known about his sibling living in NV?  This was planned and not a spur of the moment "snapped" thing.  I've read a report that the police are finding even more weapons & ammo in the guy's house.  smdh

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Looking at the windows again, two weapons on tripods does make sense.

Tripods or dual fixed mounts would be the most effective.  Two weapons that could be fired independently, quickly cleared of jams, and quickly reloaded.

Number of deaths now at 60 including the perp with 527 wounded. 

2 hours ago, stoic-one said:

Thank you.

So he probably used a tripod if he were moving between rooms? 

Archived