Now that we have (hopefully) calmed down

abw0004

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

he responded that way to ABW because ABW constantly talks about how good of a fan he is! That is why.

So that makes him a fake fan that needs to be run out of the system?  Not seeing it. Sure if abw is doing that he shouldn't. Both sides should drop it. We (almost) all know Gus is fired and continue to check in to see if it has happened yet. Just because a few aren't there yet doesn't make them less of a fan (and this coming from someone who is boycotting the program until Gus is gone)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

So that makes him a fake fan that needs to be run out of the system?  Not seeing it. Sure if abw is doing that he shouldn't. Both sides should drop it. We (almost) all know Gus is fired and continue to check in to see if it has happened yet. Just because a few aren't there yet doesn't make them less of a fan (and this coming from someone who is boycotting the program until Gus is gone)

He was being sarcastic. That is all. I found it humorous. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he responded that way to ABW because ABW constantly talks about how good of a fan he is! That is why.

That is absolutely not the case.  That was talked about once, and not mentioned again.  Please get your facts straight before you falsely accuse someone.  @FoundationEagle got it right the first time around.  Don't believe me?  Go on my profile and look at my profile history.  I have nothing to hide.  And I have treated you with nothing but respect too. 

58 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You know what's funny?  There are actually LSU tailgates with giant signs and banners that say "Corn Dog Nation" hanging.  They've embraced the whole thing and made it a joke and part of their fandom.

Basically like some of us embrace the “barn” in Auburn? I haven’t and won’t, but it’s still becoming way too common. 

Posibarning, barn hard variations, etc

Just now, abw0004 said:

That is absolutely not the case.  That was talked about once, and not mentioned again.  Please get your facts straight before you falsely accuse someone.  @FoundationEagle got it right the first time around.  Don't believe me?  Go on my profile and look at my profile history.  I have nothing to hide.  And I have treated you with nothing but respect too. 

lol Dude embrace it! It is my favorite running joke on here. It is all in good fun..... FAM!!! If we cannot laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?! tongue in cheek man.

i think abw as just trying to point out a few things our kids had going against them. i never took it that abw was trying fuel the gus bus back up i think he just wants folks to step up and continue to support the team through hard times. it seemed to be mostly about the kids. and when people boycott games they are turning their backs on the kids. people have made cracks about hastings playing over other kids. but the boy gets open and pretty much catches all the balls thrown to him. to me it seems like one or two folks threw hastings under the bus cus he is not one of our big boy receivers.that is certainly not fair and might be one of the reasons for the calm down post made. our kids are at the mercy of the coaches and how they want things done. my point is he made a couple of valid points and got jumped anyway. auburn folks used to never quit pulling for the team when times got hard. i know times change. i am tired of waiting to turn the corner like everyone else but i will still pull for my time. it is all about love for my tigers.if you need to vent i posted a link on one of my posts to sign a petition to get gus removed. that might get some results. attacking a fellow auburn family member only makes people mad and devides us when we need to circle the wagons because i doubt anything is going to happen at least until after the iron bowl or the season ends. point your anger at those that CAN make changes.

lol Dude embrace it! It is my favorite running joke on here. It is all in good fun..... FAM!!! If we cannot laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?! tongue in cheek man.

Okay I just didn't take it that way.  On this thread I have been cussed at, been called a homophobic slur, derogatory word describing women, and a few other things that the mods had to delete so right now it's a little hard to take those things lightly because I am doing my best to be respectful of everyone even when they aren't showing the same to me.  I respect their views however, which is why the only responses I have made are to clarify anything I said, and nothing in response to anything else.

I may be the only one on this ship, but at least that makes me the best looking guy on this ship. 

41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think abw as just trying to point out a few things our kids had going against them. i never took it that abw was trying fuel the gus bus back up i think he just wants folks to step up and continue to support the team through hard times. it seemed to be mostly about the kids. and when people boycott games they are turning their backs on the kids. people have made cracks about hastings playing over other kids. but the boy gets open and pretty much catches all the balls thrown to him. to me it seems like one or two folks threw hastings under the bus cus he is not one of our big boy receivers.that is certainly not fair and might be one of the reasons for the calm down post made. our kids are at the mercy of the coaches and how they want things done. my point is he made a couple of valid points and got jumped anyway. auburn folks used to never quit pulling for the team when times got hard. i know times change. i am tired of waiting to turn the corner like everyone else but i will still pull for my time. it is all about love for my tigers.if you need to vent i posted a link on one of my posts to sign a petition to get gus removed. that might get some results. attacking a fellow auburn family member only makes people mad and devides us when we need to circle the wagons because i doubt anything is going to happen at least until after the iron bowl or the season ends. point your anger at those that CAN make changes.

IMG_2211.GIF

THANK YOU.  You are the only one that understood what I was actually trying to say.  It had nothing about Gus.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I may be the only one on this ship, but at least that makes me the best looking guy on this ship. 

You’re on a roll right now. 

But, this could also mean you’re the ugliest guy on the ship as well. That’s so much pressure!!

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Okay I just didn't take it that way.  On this thread I have been cussed at, been called a homophobic slur, derogatory word describing women, and a few other things that the mods had to delete so right now it's a little hard to take those things lightly because I am doing my best to be respectful of everyone even when they aren't showing the same to me.  I respect their views however, which is why the only responses I have made are to clarify anything I said, and nothing in response to anything else.

well I cuss at you all the time!!! thought you would be numb to it now and it would not bother you!!! haha. IDK about all the other stuff because I have not seen it since as you said it got deleted.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

THANK YOU.  You are the only one that understood what I was actually trying to say.  It had nothing about Gus.

But the thing is...the loss to LSU and every other "big" game we lose has EVERYTHING to do with Gus. We watched the game. We saw the injuries and the dropped passes, but we also saw a turtle tucking his head in his shell of an offense once we got a lead. It happens every time. It's as predictable as his 17 runs up the middle on 1st down. It's a blessing we only had the couple of injuries we had.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

But, this could also mean you’re the ugliest guy on the ship as well. That’s so much pressure!!

I am the only one who knows the true answer.  ;D  Me and my bottle of rum.  And if the answer is the ugly one, the bottle of rum makes me good looking again.

well I cuss at you all the time!!! thought you would be numb to it now and it would not bother you!!! haha. IDK about all the other stuff because I have not seen it since as you said it got deleted.

It actually wasn't you I was referring to.  I think if you go to page two, 11 posts down you can see my response to the homophobic slur post, but the quote had to be removed.  

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

" @abw0004, you are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down." -ABDubs's bottle of rum.

I wish I had a bottle of rum like that :(

IMG_2210.GIF

I like how you started with the important things like how one side of the field was hotter than the other ...that immediately got my attention . You sound like my mom...is everyone calm now? are yall over yalls little thingy. I hope so yall are so grumpy...

Look in the field of life Auburn football isn't that important ..it's a fun thing we do. Should we be this pissed at a odd shaped ball being inched down the field ...no...

But it was a chosen obsession of tradition that has been passed down or created for one reason or another. If you are ok having your passion be mediocre that's fine run with that crowd. I'm not in that crowd so your picket sign means nothing.

I will never run down any player. Those young men do what they are told to do game plan wise. The problem is the lack of quality coaching to give them 4 quarters of good coaching play calling. If we win out, then I will be a happy man. We have the talent to compete with any team left on our schedule with quality coaching. Bad coaching and play calling is hard to over come for good solid talent most games with quality opponents.

As for Lsu not allowing the necessary cooling equipment should be turned over to the SEC and Lsu should be fined to the max for this. They are endangering our players and this is criminal.  players health is a serious issue. The SEC needs to make sure this never happens again there or any other school where it is hot and nasty as hell...literally. Those corndogs were laced with hemlock!

13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re on a roll right now. 

Also, the most loyal person on the ship!

5 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Also, the most loyal person on the ship!

You already said that once on this thread.  Were you not happy someone did not acknowledge your first post, so you had to repeat yourself?

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

You already said that once on this thread.  Were you not happy someone did not acknowledge your first post, so you had to repeat yourself?

Keeping track of my posts does not increase your loyalty points.

Just now, The Freak said:

Keeping track of my posts does not increase your loyalty points.

Not really doing that.  But it is easy to remember those who only post to troll others.  At least the others gave their side of the argument like aujeff11 of why they heavily disagreed with me, which I completely respect.  And as you could see aujeff11 and I were having fun with it.  No need to be that way my man.  Never done anything to disrespect you, and never will.

It's Tuesday and I'm still furious. I have never held on to anger over a loss for more than 48 hours over the years. Something about this loss took it to another level. It comes from having such a talented team that could go all the way if only the coaching matched that level of coach. Not a fan of Burns, Hand or Malzahn. I want them all gone as of yesterday. But the thing that aggravates me the most is knowing that come the end of the year, those three will still be coaching here.

Archived