2018 3* OT Jalen Goss (FSU)

ellitor

4_5308522.jpg

6-7 265 Valdosta, GA (Lowndes)
13 P5 Conference offers including AU, Miami, Michigan, Florida, & Vols.
OVed AU Dec. 14-16
As @thaitopher pointed out this kid as a lot of upside
AU Recruit reporters Keith & Wolk Crystal Balled him to AU today FWIW

11 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Is he supposed to sign / enroll early? I wish we would hold out for Gouriage, Barnes, & Wonnum to visit in January before we signed another OL

Not an EE & may not sign early. As far as EE & sign time wise goes Carvin is the next man up.

I watched this film clip. His stance is way to high he doesn't bend his knees and he blocks with a stiff legged bend at the waist technique. That said he has a frame that can gain a good bit of weight and the techniques pieces can be coached. There is not enough film and I don't know enough about the quality of his opponents to judge his first step and punch which is critical for an OT. He might turn into a good OT but he will be a Project. Redshirt for sure and probably not ready to be a starter till third year as a sophomore or 4th year as junior. This is one I would have to trust the coaches on.

Coach HH will get that high stance out of him in the first week of practice!

• 3 weeks later...

CBs rolling in for Florida State. :dunno: I really like this guy. I am really hoping this means the coaching staff is confident in getting Gourraige, Barnes and/or Wonnum. We'll see. If we miss on all I am going to be posting a lot in the Meltdown Thread. 

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

CBs rolling in for Florida State. :dunno: I really like this guy. I am really hoping this means the coaching staff is confident in getting Gourraige, Barnes and/or Wonnum. We'll see. If we miss on all I am going to be posting a lot in the Meltdown Thread. 

He is the least highly rated of the group so of course I am not phased if we do not get him since I am a noted star whore lol. If we pushed we would get him though. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Most likely.

5 hours ago, thaitopher said:

It means FSU has gone hard after Goss. I think the only big fish we may get is Gouraige. By the time AU comes around ready to take Goss he will be a Nole IMO.

Also, Tallahassee is just a spit-distance from Goss's home town. 1 hour drive? Sometimes that helps, sometimes it hurts. You'd have to know the kid.

He is the least ready of any of the OT's we are looking at.  Highlight film usually shows a player at his best. His lack of knee bend (bending at the waist) was obvious throughout his film. Potential he has but it will take time to develop it. Maybe by third year he would be ready to play at SEC level. Not knocking the kid would love to have the luxury of him as a project player but reality is we need more developed tackles. I am hoping we get 1 of the three we want. It also shows that if FSU is pushing for him that hard they are in real trouble on O-Line.

45 minutes ago, fredst said:

Ok.Hope this means we feel good about Gouraige and/or Barnes.

It means we are getting 2 other OL. I hope Gouraige too but it could bee 2 GTs or a GT & a Juco.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It means we are getting 2 other OL. I hope Gouraige too but it could bee 2 GTs or a GT & a Juco.

Especially with HH now gone I guess...

Archived