Auburn at #23 Tenn

Auhud08

I'm far from @JwgreDeux when it comes to assessing the opponents, but it looks like UT has 3 legit scoring threats and a couple of other guys who are capable as well. They look to be 8 deep. One of their guards (Jordan Bowden) is shooting an unbelievable 62% from three (26 of 42). Admiral Schofield is shooting 45% (22-48). This is going to be AU's biggest problem since they do not guard the perimeter well and do not identify shooters well. One thing that might help is school being out so less students, but still going to be a very hostile environment. Size wise (my other big concern for AU opponents) , they have Kyle Alexander at 6-11, so I expect Spencer to get a fair amount of minutes when he is in. I'm sure @cole256 would want his relative to be mentioned and he is a threat to get hot as well.

Vegas has AU a 5.5 dog and I think that's fair. I'm just not sure what we will see from this team yet against real opponents, but I am not expecting AU to win this one. Hopefully they can keep it close and make it interesting late. Going to find out fast how the team handles adversity and how solid the chemistry really is.

41 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I'm far from @JwgreDeux when it comes to assessing the opponents, but it looks like UT has 3 legit scoring threats and a couple of other guys who are capable as well. They look to be 8 deep. One of their guards (Jordan Bowden) is shooting an unbelievable 62% from three (26 of 42). Admiral Schofield is shooting 45% (22-48). This is going to be AU's biggest problem since they do not guard the perimeter well and do not identify shooters well. One thing that might help is school being out so less students, but still going to be a very hostile environment. Size wise (my other big concern for AU opponents) , they have Kyle Alexander at 6-11, so I expect Spencer to get a fair amount of minutes when he is in. I'm sure @cole256 would want his relative to be mentioned and he is a threat to get hot as well.

Vegas has AU a 5.5 dog and I think that's fair. I'm just not sure what we will see from this team yet against real opponents, but I am not expecting AU to win this one. Hopefully they can keep it close and make it interesting late. Going to find out fast how the team handles adversity and how solid the chemistry really is.

Thank you!!

43 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Btw do you know if we have been an underdog in any of our wins this year?

No word on Wiley or Danjel yet... some people thought if they weren’t cleared by our first SEC game they wouldn’t play the rest of the season.. which would suck

6 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Btw do you know if we have been an underdog in any of our wins this year?

According to TeamRankings, we haven’t played a game yet as an underdog. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

No word on Wiley or Danjel yet... some people thought if they weren’t cleared by our first SEC game they wouldn’t play the rest of the season.. which would suck

Somewhere?  Somebody? Mentioned that the NCAA wouldn’t be back to make decisions till this week.

For no valid reason, I’d assume that if they aren’t cleared for arky this weekend that Danjel will leave.  Selfishly, I hold out hope that the Wiley family will feel obligation to stick around particularly if they did wrong.

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Calling JwgreDeux!!! (Sorry I’m spoiled with your previews)

Seriously @JwgreDeux has an obligation to the non-basketball savvy. I fully expect him to deliver a good review to start 2018

(slight sarcasm)

6 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Calling JwgreDeux!!! (Sorry I’m spoiled with your previews)

That's really what I was looking for.

i was just being polite.  Thank you Jared

16 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Seriously @JwgreDeux has an obligation to the non-basketball savvy. I fully expect him to deliver a good review to start 2018

(slight sarcasm)

Sorry guys but work and life have been hectic. I would have said I liked the way we matched up as UT isn’t very big either. Really interested to see how we handle playing some of the bigger teams soon. 

Ill try to get back on track. 

5 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Sorry guys but work and life have been hectic. I would have said I liked the way we matched up as UT isn’t very big either. Really interested to see how we handle playing some of the bigger teams soon. 

Ill try to get back on track. 

All good; do what you gotta do. 

Archived