2018 or 2019 Grad Transfer OT/OG Casey Tucker

ellitor

From Stanford. He's tagged in the below VIP article from his profile. Below that is his high school profile then his college profile.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Think our chances are good? Love to have him indeed!  Love your new bandit look Ellitor it suites you well my friend!

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Think our chances are good?

Too early to tell. Other good teams are involved.

Do you think we are still in good shape to keep miller on board?  I hope he stays true to his committment to us.

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do you think we are still in good shape to keep miller on board?  I hope he stays true to his committment to us.

Yes.

16 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Isn't Chandler where Christian Westerman was from?

Yes.

The experience would be nice but we don't need another Darius James. This guy's pass protection is bad according to this article. If he can come in and improve upon it that'd be good though.

Excerpt

The 6’6, 300-pounder was a three-year contributor for the Cardinal who played in five games as a freshman in 2014 before breaking into the starting lineup the following season. During that time, he was the starting right tackle before spending two games at left tackle and six games at right tackle in 2016.

Playing left tackle, Tucker struggled in pass protection, which forced his move back to the right side. He eventually missed time due to injury and didn’t play during the 2017 season, when there wasn’t much news on him

" He eventually missed time due to injury and didn’t play during the 2017 season, when there wasn’t much news on him .  Well. That's not exactly what you're looking for in a GT that you hope will be a quick fix. Didn't play at all as a senior, that probably puts him at at least 3rd string on Stanford's depth chart last season. Doesn't Jax St. have another Casey Dunn for us?

Thread title updated. Don't let the 2019 throw you off. He just may count to the 2019 limit depending on when he enrolls. He would be eligible to play the 2018 season.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Thread title updated. Don't let the 2019 throw you off. He just may count to the 2019 limit depending on when he enrolls. He would be eligible to play the 2018 season.

Understood. It's his credentials that have come into question. If he couldn't help Stanford, how is he going to help Auburn? Of course, our coaches have access to information that we fans can't access but on the surface this guy doesn't seem to have what we'd be looking for in a grad transfer.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If he couldn't help Stanford, how is he going to help Auburn?

Don't know that he couldn't help Stanford. He started 8 games in 2016 before being knocked out due to injury I believe. 6 at RT. 2 @ LT. He struggled at LT so they moved him back to RT. Also struggled in pass pro but there was no mention of any run blocking issues. He redshirted 2017 by his choice. I'm not sure what to make of that but it's not the typical coaches redshirted a player due to being low on the depth chart though. I have him listed as an OT or OG because AU may think he will do better inside & give an opportunity for another player to move around, Mike Horton to compete at Center for example. The staff likes him a lot though and that's why the thread was created.

Archived