Auburn women beat uat

TigerOne

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Congrats ladies, a solid game today. First win against the updykes in like 7 tries I think

Nope.  We've won 5 of the last 6.  The wins were in 2015, 2016 (2), 2017, and 2018.  The loss was in 2017 in overtime in Auburn.

16 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Nope.  We've won 5 of the last 6.  The wins were in 2015, 2016 (2), 2017, and 2018.  The loss was in 2017 in overtime in Auburn.

correct, Auburn broke a six game losing streak

Need our new AD to take a serious look into the women's program...hasn't been too competitive the past several years...

It was a great game, great effort by the ladies. Huge crowd by WBB standards. They withstood the turds 1st period onslaught and took it too them the last 3.

8 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Need our new AD to take a serious look into the women's program...hasn't been too competitive the past several years...

Although I get that we’ve not done as well as we all would like, to say the women’s program has not been too competitive is probably a little inaccurate. NCAA tournament past two years and have missed post season play once since Coach Flo has been here I believe. Compared to the men’s program, that’s more than competitive. 

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Although I get that we’ve not done as well as we all would like, to say the women’s program has not been too competitive is probably a little inaccurate. NCAA tournament past two years and have missed post season play once since Coach Flo has been here I believe. Compared to the men’s program, that’s more than competitive. 

True, but measures were taken to improve the men's program. I think we've got a women's coach whose recruiting and philosophy will always have us in the bottom 50% of the SEC. I have never liked the idea that a basketball program is "OK" if it's selected to the NCAA tournament. Being one of the top 64 isn't a very lofty accomplishment.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, NoALtiger said:

We made the tournament, but in my opinion, being competitive means competing with the top tier teams in the SEC.  The difference with the men's program is that the women's program has a history of winning.  I like Terri personally, but there should have never been an extension given last year.  If we don't modify our style of play, we will never recruit the players needed to compete for a championship.

What do I expect?  I expect the Auburn program to have years like Ms State and South Carolina.  I don't expect that every year, but this program is not a bottom dweller.  Every resource imaginable is available.  We are geographically located within an easy drive of thousands of recruits.  We play in a new gym and can, and do by the way, pay a staff top dollar to recruit and coach talent. 

On 1/29/2018 at 8:41 AM, AlaskanFAN said:

It was a great game, great effort by the ladies. Huge crowd by WBB standards. They withstood the turds 1st period onslaught and took it too them the last 3.

I would say a good crowd as compared to our other games this year.  If we were consistently winning, the Arena would be packed.  The largest crowd to ever watch a basketball game in Auburn, men or women, was a women's basketball game in 2009 against Tennessee.  Approx 12,600 people packed the coliseum that day to watch Auburn beat a talented Tennessee team.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, Mikey said:

True, but measures were taken to improve the men's program. I think we've got a women's coach whose recruiting and philosophy will always have us in the bottom 50% of the SEC. I have never liked the idea that a basketball program is "OK" if it's selected to the NCAA tournament. Being one of the top 64 isn't a very lofty accomplishment.

with all the automatic slots you have to be in the top 30 or so....but we should aspire to better than that as you note....

Archived