***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep we used a guy who weighs about 180 I think ......but more to come if Chip has confidence in JS to let him throw over the middle. 

That's a huge window to throw in, just gotta' have the mismatch which does require height and either speed (Engram) or bulk (Gronk).  

And I don't think it's Chip that has the issues.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

That's a huge window to throw in, just gotta' have the mismatch which does require height and either speed (Engram) or bulk (Gronk).  

And I don't think it's Chip that has the issues.

It's not Chip. 

• Thanks 1

I’m personally on an RPO craze thanks highly to my new man Nick Foles. 

This is damn near unstoppable.

I want to see us diversify the RPO to include so many possible routes and options.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

It's not Chip. 

Maybe not,  but I see guys running over the middle....I guess it's just for exercise because if it's not #33 there in not much response. 

54 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Although I agree with your point P. Quick is all bammer.  His family is all bammer.  He would eat a mile of poop just to smell Saban fart.  

We need Kight and Webb.  and then expand after some top guys from there.  

Living in Trussville and working out around some of those involved with the team I will confirm from the "chatter" that Quick is not a flip potential.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I think there is an overwhelming desire to find a way to exploit the middle of the field in the passing game...

FlippantSingleBream.gif

Wouldn't have to be "traditional" TE.

Is that Marquis McClain? If not it should be...

• Thanks 2
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I want to see us diversify the RPO to include so many possible routes and options.

Who is he keying off of?  I would assume the DE/OLB...if so the TE gets a free release and the MLB takes two steps to the run side.  Sure looks like a mis-read if it was a true option.

35 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Who is he keying off of?  I would assume the DE/OLB...if so the TE gets a free release and the MLB takes two steps to the run side.  Sure looks like a mis-read if it was a true option.

This guy’s voice is annoying af but it gives more of a look at it. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/960716363160530945/video/1

Edited by aujeff11

17 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

#52.  Although it appears to be just a straight designed play with no read but there could be the give, the keep, or the pass to the TE all quick...

I expect our RPO game to get better this coming season.  KJ's slow motion to the fake really stunted the fake to freeze the linebackers

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I expect our RPO game to get better this coming season.  KJ's slow motion to the fake really stunted the fake to freeze the linebackers

I never thought of this. But it makes a lot of sense now that you say it. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m with you in this. Will probably see a lot of this next year in the college ranks and we just happen to have the guys to run it very well

• Like 2

One thing that folks may not realize is that we actually have a better composite score with our 2018 recruiting class than our 2017 class. This year's class would have easily been in the top 10 for 2017. This class had the 2nd highest total of 4 star recruits since Gus became out coach. The 2015 class had 19 4 star recruits, and this years class had 16 4 star recruits. One thing of note, Shedrick Jackson was bumped up to a 4 star recruit of which the rating services have not moved him to 4 star. Not sure why they have not done this yet, but we should have 17 4-star recruits if this adjustment is made. Some have J. Irving the OL as a 4 star recruit, and he is still listed as a 3 star recruit. If these ratings are adjusted, then we are looking at 18 4-star recs.

This years class is a super class IMHO and one that any true orange and blue bleeding Auburn fan should be proud of.

• Like 2

What I love about this class is the good and solid commitment from these guys and the fact that there was no drama from them. That leads me to believe that they are more mature than some other recruits this year, and some in the past. War Eagle and welcome to the Auburn Family, guys!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

One thing that folks may not realize is that we actually have a better composite score with our 2018 recruiting class than our 2017 class. This year's class would have easily been in the top 10 for 2017. This class had the 2nd highest total of 4 star recruits since Gus became out coach. The 2015 class had 19 4 star recruits, and this years class had 16 4 star recruits. One thing of note, Shedrick Jackson was bumped up to a 4 star recruit of which the rating services have not moved him to 4 star. Not sure why they have not done this yet, but we should have 17 4-star recruits if this adjustment is made. Some have J. Irving the OL as a 4 star recruit, and he is still listed as a 3 star recruit. If these ratings are adjusted, then we are looking at 18 4-star recs.

This years class is a super class IMHO and one that any true orange and blue bleeding Auburn fan should be proud of.

I think It’s like the 2nd best ranking per player for an AU class, ever. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong 

• Like 1

Something to also consider, this year we have the fewest JUCO players in the Malzahn era.  This is a good indicator of depth that has been created and quality of players committed.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think It’s like the 2nd best ranking per player for an AU class, ever. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong 

No idea but I know a few of our guys are really 5* in my opinion

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

This guy’s voice is annoying af but it gives more of a look at it. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/960716363160530945/video/1

"You could park a freaking jumbo jet in der " 

That running lane is enormous. Can you send these posts to Gus and Chip!!!

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

#52. 

I don't see it.  I'm of the opinion this is a run/pass option look that is straight run.  Roberts (52) takes two steps toward the run fit...if you watch the end zone view Foles appears to be keying on Harrison (92).  Here is a very similar play that is a true read option, similar reactions from the DE and LB on the pass side. O line appears to be blocking exactly opposite what the Eagles did.  Oh, and that same TE that I referenced earlier.  Mismatch in the seam...touchdown.

Auburn Football Option GIF

7 hours ago, aufootball1 said:

Are you retarded? 

This is 2018. Do you not realize this term is offensive to most?  Especially if your loved one was dealt the wrong genetic card.  

Edited by tigerrules
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, corchjay said:

#52.  Although it appears to be just a straight designed play with no read but there could be the give, the keep, or the pass to the TE all quick...

are you coaching high school right now?