***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We know enough.  If you as his mother are not happy with his choice, that's a conversation you can have privately.  That's what grown ups who care about their children and realize it's not about them would do.  What you don't do is stand up and walk off - and cross directly in front of the camera - to scold/embarrass him on national television.  That's what a selfish a**hole does.

And what if they had the conversation in private numerous times, and he lied to her face? That has seemingly been his M.O. this entire recruiting cycle, so what, on NSD he suddenly turned into an infallible angel? The fact that he seemingly let everyone in his family get on there dressed in the gear of schools he wasn't going to choose isn't an embarrassment for them? Why did he make his family look like idiots? His mom's reaction was extreme, but you have no idea what goes on in that family.  Being a good parent doesn't mean "supporting" every potentially stupid decision your kid makes.  This kid obviously has some issues, maybe it runs in the family, maybe it doesn't, but to claim that his mom must have had some ulterior motives or other horrible accusations is ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Kolbi Fuqua Signs

Good for him!

So this is wrapped up now correct?  All spots are filled with the exception of a grad transfer?  Want to be sure before I leave the thread for the first time today.  :rollin:

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Been in a meeting all day. Somebody give me a summary of how the days been? We’ve sucked it up & missed on everybody we hoped to sign..?

We signed everyone who was previously committed plus signed Caleb Johnson. We missed on everyone else we were in the running for. 

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

We signed everyone who was previously committed plus signed Caleb Johnson. We missed on everyone else we were in the running for. 

Man...that’s a plus but a lot of negative too. Really thought we’d land more 

Just now, metafour said:

And what if they had the conversation in private numerous times, and he lied to her face? That has seemingly been his M.O. this entire recruiting cycle, so what, on NSD he suddenly turned into an infallible angel? The fact that he seemingly let everyone in his family get on there dressed in the gear of schools he wasn't going to choose isn't an embarrassment for them? Why did he make his family look like idiots? His mom's reaction was extreme, but you have no idea what goes on in that family.  Being a good parent doesn't mean "supporting" every potentially stupid decision your kid makes.  This kid obviously has some issues, maybe it runs in the family, maybe it doesn't, but to claim that his mom must have had some ulterior motives or other horrible accusations is ridiculous.

You still behave like the grown adult in the situation and not the teenager. 

A lot of things about parenting is hard.  This isn't one of them.

• Like 4

I believe that we have signed 24 and could sign up to 26 so still have two slots that could be used for Grad Transfer or to rollover to next year. Unless there is a last minute surprise.

• Like 2

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Man...that’s a plus but a lot of negative too. Really thought we’d land more 

I really thought so too. There was tons of chatter for Ross and Chase but neither panned out. The rest weren’t really surprising. Actually, Ross and Chase weren’t surprising either. At the end all AU still has a nice class, just nothing really shocking here at the end. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I believe that we have signed 24 and could sign up to 26 so still have two slots that could be used for Grad Transfer or to rollover to next year. Unless there is a last minute surprise.

Might as well roll one back and keep one open for the OT transfer

You know we've missed if Fuqua got in with no strings attached after all that talk of a gray shirt. Have to commend the kid, he knew it would come.

Edited by Zeek

Thanks to everyone for keeping the information up to date in this thread.

Now, let's go beat the Aggies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, looney said:

Thanks to everyone for keeping the information up to date in this thread.

Now, let's go beat the Aggies.

They'll be a threat in recruiting next year too ?

Safety was one of our biggest concerns we signed 3  (Monday, Sherwood, Fuqua) with one or two WR's that might be able to convert to Safety.

CB we signed two (McCreary, Tutt)

DL we signed 5 (Jibunor, Newkirk, Oladele. Johnson, Miller) two Jibunor and Johnson also could go to LB

LB we signed two (McClain and Harris)

Marsh could be a Safety or LB

QB Gatewood

WR  we signed 4 (Hill, Schwartz, Jackson, Williams)

Guard we signed 2 (Irvin, Stutts)

RB we signed 3 (Joiner, Martin, Shivers)

Punter we signed 1 Siposs

We pretty much filled all of our needs except OT and maybe a backup QB but we should have 3 QB's next year. I should have added like Mikey I would have liked one more LB but we have three players Jubunor,  Johnson and Marsh that could end up there.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

So this is wrapped up now correct?  All spots are filled with the exception of a grad transfer?  Want to be sure before I leave the thread for the first time today.  :rollin:

We had 26 slots available, so we have two left. They could be filled with somebody that hasn't been front page news, could be filled with grad transfers or can be carried over to next year.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Might as well roll one back and keep one open for the OT transfer

You know we've missed if Fuqua got in with no strings attached after all that talk of a gray shirt. Have to commend the kid, he knew it would come.

If he is healthy he was a big need so this is a win win as we need the safety help. If not healthy he redshirts and we have him for next year

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I really thought so too. There was tons of chatter for Ross and Chase but neither panned out. The rest weren’t really surprising. Actually, Ross and Chase weren’t surprising either. At the end all AU still has a nice class, just nothing really shocking here at the end.   

That's my view also.....kept hearing about Ross and couple others but did anyone really think we even had a 50:50 chance at any of them? .     I guess you don't quit trying until the ink dries on the commitment somewhere else but I don't notice any surprise loss of someone that coaches apparently thought we had an even chance at.  

We got some letters from guys that looked totally committed for a long time...Miller, the Aussie and a few others and it was nice that nobody jumped ship between Dec and today.   But, our best bets (and players too perhaps) were pretty much locked up in December...and in my view at least, those we signed today were a nice addition but I don't see any of them as crucial to future success...just the kind of kids you need to have some quality and depth across the board.   

Nice to have all of them with Auburn and hope that some of them are able to make an impact in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We had 26 slots available, so we have two left. They could be filled with somebody that hasn't been front page news, could be filled with grad transfers or can be carried over to next year.

Two OT transfers please ?

• Like 1

turns out we had room for Cam Taylor and the big OT prospect J. Goss. I bet the coaches wish now they would have taken those two. We did not have to have an OT from this class ready to play i 2018 and Goss had great potential. He was a TE in high school so he played a little high but he had very good athletic ability and was 6'6" and could have put on good weight. Anyway, water under the bridge.

21 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You still behave like the grown adult in the situation and not the teenager. 

A lot of things about parenting is hard.  This isn't one of them.

This is good to see. The mother came back:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Maybe some OT transfers will pop up this spring and give us a look. 

I would love some OT help!

• Like 1