Baseball at South Alabama

AU64

AU gets a runner to 2nd but can't move him further.....bottom of the 7th...still Jags in the lead..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU showing lots of pitchers tonight....Anderson in to pitch now.....lost count but I'm thinking this might be the fourth now....3 lefties getting some work. .

Top of the 8th ....AU has two more shots to pull this one out...bottom of the order up this inning. ...

Wright drives in Estes with a liner over 3B and the game is now tied at 4.....

Holland bunts for a hit and two runners on ...game tied with Jarvis at the plate...and puts one out...3 run HR and AU is up 7-4

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Wright drives in Estes with a liner over 3B and the game is now tied at 4.....

Holland bunts for a hit and two runners on ...game tied with Jarvis at the plate...and puts one out...3 run HR and AU is up 7-4

WOW OH WOW!!!!!!

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Is it bottom of the 9th?

bottom of  8th....I think.

AU getting into trouble...single and a walk and Anderson is done.....2 one and no outs......bottom of 8th. 

Cody Greenhill...another freshman lefty.....

First pitch is hit to the wall for a double and drives in a run....so tying runs on base and no out....

Sac fly scored a run.....think that's what happened...but anyway, score is now 7-6 ....two outs in the inning with runner on 2nd. Intentional walk.  Sure hate to put the go ahead run on base but guess that's what the odds say...

Fly ball to the outfield and AU gets out of the inning with a one run lead....going to top of the ninth..

Greenhill stays in the game and USA is up for their last at bat.....AU still up 7-6

First batter hits on down the first base line ...first baseman takes it ....out number one.

Fly ball to right field for out number two.

next batter beats out an infield hit...runner on first with 2 outs.

bouncer to second, toss to first and AU takes a 7-6 win.... Greenhill gets the save....

A good win...what I like is we're coming back in the late innings for the win...the guys never give up....should continue to be our strength throughout the season... 

Was there. Pretty sloppy game by both teams. But you could tell both lineups are solid. Cody Greenhill is a MAN. He was pumping it in there tonight. That kid is going to be good for us. All in all, this will go down as a really good win for AU. 

7 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Was there. Pretty sloppy game by both teams. But you could tell both lineups are solid. Cody Greenhill is a MAN. He was pumping it in there tonight. That kid is going to be good for us. All in all, this will go down as a really good win for AU. 

Thanks for the report on CG....he and Burns are good additions to the pitching staff.

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Intentional walk.  Sure hate to put the go ahead run on base but guess that's what the odds say...

I had all kinds of “issues” last night and was only able to follow in spits and spurts. It’s my understanding that intentional pass was to “the guy” that was probably identified pre-game as the guy they weren’t going to let beat them (Swaggerty).  That is not an easy decision, especially in the testosterone infused environment where an SEC undefeated is taking on lil’ ol’ South Alabama. In my mind I’ve got to believe this is where there is tremendous value in having a coach like Steve Smith in the dugout. When you put the horses on the track and have great jockies to ride them.... This group of assistants are quickly proving to be one of the better staffs in the country. The value of that win last night should be understated but not underestimated. Just another (REALLY) good one run win that was salted away late. 

Oh, and it won’t be long until you start hearing commentary about a Tiger offense that “scores runs in bunches”.  Makes life a little easier when you don’t have to be absolutely flawless on the mound and in the field. 

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Sac fly scored a run.....think that's what happened...but anyway, score is now 7-6 ....two outs in the inning with runner on 2nd. Intentional walk. Sure hate to put the go ahead run on base but guess that's what the odds say...

Fly ball to the outfield and AU gets out of the inning with a one run lead....going to top of the ninth..

First base open, late in a one-run game, opponent's best hitter at the plate, two outs.... I think walking him is an easy call.

Depending, of course, on what your scouting reports say about the next hitter and your confidence that your pitcher is unlikely to get into control trouble.

Archived