Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

First time seeing or even hearing about this Bell’s DIPA. Bottled 11/5/18. 

Drinks like a typical DIPA from Bell’s with a pretty solid malt backbone. Not sticky like some others. Tropical with some peach notes. Not bad. 

aeok4bl.jpg

• Like 1

Sipping a Big Bad Baptist right now. I think this is every bit as good as BCBS. The cocoa nibs are getting louder as it warms up. Definitely recommend. I don’t know how rare it is, but this was the first time I’ve ever seen it. I’ll be going back for another bottle next week. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Sipping a Big Bad Baptist right now. I think this is every bit as good as BCBS. The cocoa nibs are getting louder as it warms up. Definitely recommend. I don’t know how rare it is, but this was the first time I’ve ever seen it. I’ll be going back for another bottle next week. 

I know it’s a shelf turd in Colorado. That said, it is a nice beer for the cost. Not sure if I agree that it’s as good as BCBS, however. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

@McLoofus been meaning to ask how Mrs. 'loof is coming along. Due tomorrow, right?

Been meaning to post but busy day. McJunior landed this morning! 7 lbs 10 oz of pure thunder. Mrs. Loof and baby doing great. Many thanks for checking in! Celebratory Westy 12 waiting at home. With some champagne. And scotch.

IMG_20181121_131207.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Been meaning to post but busy day. McJunior landed this morning! 7 lbs 10 oz of pure thunder. Mrs. Loof and baby doing great. Many thanks for checking in! Celebratory Westy 12 waiting at home. With some champagne. And scotch.

IMG_20181121_131207.jpg

Whooooo! Congrats, buddy! 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

IMG_20181121_131207.jpg

Duuuuude! Merry Thanksgiving!

Seriously, big congrats! Glad al the ‘loofs are doing well!

• Love 1

Salad Days has taken over as my current go-to IPA over Devil’s Harvest. Canned 11/9/18, probably about as fresh as I’m gonna get it without getting it at the brewery. Anyone else had a chance to cop a 6? Looking like it’s going to be year-round.

hVepCRM.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

I have a CBS waiting for me when I get home and kick back to watch the Egg Bowl. 

• Like 2

To answer the question...bourbon. I’ve got one solid pour of Weller antique remaining. Probably start with that.

I have a great selection(thanks to @McLoofus!) of beer mail beers to consume. However, my sinus congestion is killing my sense of taste, so I don’t wanna waste any of them.

56839C43-E7E0-42A1-869A-F8817C0EC3CB.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

9sU7xLf.jpg

simpHomerDrool_2006f-56a00c563df78cafda9

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Debating on popping another one tonight. 

Will probably do a Xocoveza once I get baby down. She's on the edge in spite of making faces with me to the camera. 

NxqOQvi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Will probably do a Xocoveza once I get baby down. She's on the edge in spite of making faces with me to the camera. 

NxqOQvi.jpg

Need a face swap ASAP. 

We only got 2 cases of Xocoveza, and I got a 6pk as well as my dad. Been hard trying not to steal his when I open his fridge. Good this year, wish for more chile peppers. 

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Need a face swap ASAP. 

We only got 2 cases of Xocoveza, and I got a 6pk as well as my dad. Been hard trying not to steal his when I open his fridge. Good this year, wish for more chile peppers. 

Pretty much always the case. Xocoveza's most glaring weakness.

Finally got my appetite back. Turkey sammich as soon as baby is in her crib. 

Edited by AUDub

Delicious turkey sammich on my plate with a tasty Xocoveza to wash it down. Heaven.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Pretty much always the case. Xocoveza's most glaring weakness.

Finally got my appetite back. Turkey sammich as soon as baby is in her crib. 

It’s my constant gripe with Xoco lately. Seems the first run or two in bombers had some pretty evident pepper. Everything since going to 6 packs has kept it muted. Which I guess makes sense when you consider they’re pumping out two or three times as much each year.