Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Nice. Spent last week around Jackson, Wyoming DIY fishing then moved over to a lodge in Idaho fishing the south fork of the Snake. A little hazy from smoke but, damn, I love it out there.

God, it is such beautiful country. I am so freaking pumped for our trip out here next year. It’s gonna kick ace.

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

God, it is such beautiful country. I am so freaking pumped for our trip out here next year. It’s gonna kick ace.

Jackson itself has turned into a bit of a tourist-y mess. Reminding me of Destin from late 70s to now (not that bad yet). But the Tetons are right there and you can drive not that far and be pretty remote. Awesome country for sure

• Love 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve never had an alcoholic beverage in an airplane or airport. 😕

You're missing out. Nothing quite like that first beer after being stuffed in a metal tube at 30000 feet for a couple of hours. 

Hell the picture for the ATBAS board is a Spotted Cow from a Wisconsin airport LOL. 

• Like 1

Mind you I don't drink alcohol during a flight. I will crush a ginger ale though. Nothing quite like airplane ginger ale. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

You're missing out. Nothing quite like that first beer after being stuffed in a metal tube at 30000 feet for a couple of hours. 

Hell the picture for the ATBAS board is a Spotted Cow from a Wisconsin airport LOL. 

My bladder is a fickle beast. I get anxiety enough already when flying. Note that I’m not scared to fly or of heights, but just being in one place with no escape just puts me on edge. Throw in the bladder thing and of thinking about climbing over someone to take a leak every xx minutes….then yeah. 

30 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

My bladder is a fickle beast. I get anxiety enough already when flying. Note that I’m not scared to fly or of heights, but just being in one place with no escape just puts me on edge. Throw in the bladder thing and of thinking about climbing over someone to take a leak every xx minutes….then yeah. 

Yeah that's why I avoid drinking on flights. I'm 6'3 and like to sit by the window so you can imagine the inconvenience it causes should I have to get up. 

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Why are airport beers so damn tasty?

3508C48B-A75E-4375-B75C-2E0AA048657E.jpeg

So true. 

When Delta started serving SW 420 on their flights, it might as well have been Orval fresh from the abbey tap. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Best Oktoberfest out there. 

gOovKC5.jpg

Yeah without a doubt. We are going to get started on the Oktoberfests this weekend. Wish it felt more like fall down here, though.

• Like 1

Well, this happened today. This Kroger is right next door to my shop, I can see the parking lot from our doors. 13 people shot, 2 dead (including the shooter). Got to see and talk to a lot of upset people come through our doors, Kroger employees and people that were in the store when it happened. Hopefully the closest I’ll ever be to an active shooter situation. 

Employees saying it was the guy who runs the sushi counter, he was fired this morning. 

https://www.actionnews5.com/2021/09/23/active-shooting-situation-reported-collierville-schools-sheltering-place/

I need a beer. 

twY2wTt.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Well, this happened today. This Kroger is right next door to my shop, I can see the parking lot from our doors. 13 people shot, 2 dead (including the shooter). Got to see and talk to a lot of upset people come through our doors, Kroger employees and people that were in the store when it happened. Hopefully the closest I’ll ever be to an active shooter situation. 

Employees saying it was the guy who runs the sushi counter, he was fired this morning. 

https://www.actionnews5.com/2021/09/23/active-shooting-situation-reported-collierville-schools-sheltering-place/

I need a beer. 

twY2wTt.jpg

Dude! I’m so glad you posted and that you are okay! I have a cousin that lives in Collierville and I literally just read about it on her FB page!

What a terrible, evil thing to happen. 

I’ll have e a beer with you brother.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dude! I’m so glad you posted and that you are okay! I have a cousin that lives in Collierville and I literally just read about it on her FB page!

What a terrible, evil thing to happen. 

I’ll have e a beer with you brother.

It was pretty wild and surreal. We were far enough away to feel detached from it, but we were also so close for it to become a real situation. Life Flight choppers we’re circling trying to find places to land, I think at least 3 of them came and went. Never heard so many sirens in Collierville. 

We had Kroger employees who had escaped out the back staying in our back offices. A woman that works in the pharmacy was so visibly shaken, I’ve never seen anything like it. One woman came in and had one of the victims fall at her feet and had blood splattered at her feet. Just crazy. 

Collierville is a really safe suburb, so it just goes to show that anything can happen anywhere. 

wacazez.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It was pretty wild and surreal. We were far enough away to feel detached from it, but we were also so close for it to become a real situation. Life Flight choppers we’re circling trying to find places to land, I think at least 3 of them came and went. Never heard so many sirens in Collierville. 

We had Kroger employees who had escaped out the back staying in our back offices. A woman that works in the pharmacy was so visibly shaken, I’ve never seen anything like it. One woman came in and had one of the victims fall at her feet and had blood splattered at her feet. Just crazy. 

Collierville is a really safe suburb, so it just goes to show that anything can happen anywhere. 

wacazez.jpg

My God. Just pure evil. Words seem cheap.

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My God. Just pure evil. Words seem cheap.

The guy was allegedly fired for going up to POC employees and pulling his mask down and coughing in their faces (per one of the employees that we had in our office). The shooter was Asian IIRC.

I was in there picking up food for dinner before work around 7:30 this morning. My mom always goes to that Kroger around the time it happened, thankfully she went grocery shopping yesterday. Seeing employees that I know and speak to on a regular basis giving testimonials makes it feel so real. 

I don’t carry all the time, but for some reason I just had a feeling I should’ve brought my pistol to work with me. Several of us carry, but none of us had it with us. I expect that to change. Not saying I would’ve gone vigilante or anything, but while it was all going down I did wish I had it nearby. We had no idea if the shooter fled, was still inside or what. So much misleading information started flooding in from customers, people we know personally, etc. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The guy was allegedly fired for going up to POC employees and pulling his mask down and coughing in their faces (per one of the employees that we had in our office). The shooter was Asian IIRC.

I was in there picking up food for dinner before work around 7:30 this morning. My mom always goes to that Kroger around the time it happened, thankfully she went grocery shopping yesterday. Seeing employees that I know and speak to on a regular basis giving testimonials makes it feel so real. 

I don’t carry all the time, but for some reason I just had a feeling I should’ve brought my pistol to work with me. Several of us carry, but none of us had it with us. I expect that to change. Not saying I would’ve gone vigilante or anything, but while it was all going down I did wish I had it nearby. We had no idea if the shooter fled, was still inside or what. So much misleading information started flooding in from customers, people we know personally, etc. 

I remember you were considering a CC permit and couldn’t remember where you stood with it. In that situation, I’m with you. I wouldn’t be looking to be a hero, just protect myself and those around me. I really think that’s the main intent of that law, even though some want to be able to go all vigilante with it.

I have a buddy that is a paramedic in Las Vegas. He responded to the mass shooting at the concert there a few years ago. He relayed much the same you are. Lots of confusion. Terrible feelings. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I remember you were considering a CC permit and couldn’t remember where you stood with it. In that situation, I’m with you. I wouldn’t be looking to be a hero, just protect myself and those around me. I really think that’s the main intent of that law, even though some want to be able to go all vigilante with it.

I have a buddy that is a paramedic in Las Vegas. He responded to the mass shooting at the concert there a few years ago. He relayed much the same you are. Lots of confusion. Terrible feelings. 

I completed my training and class work for my conceal/open carry permit last October. Tennessee recently went constitutional carry, which I have a huge problem with, but don’t care to get into right now unless you (or anyone else) wants to discuss via PM. 

I can’t even fathom what your friend had to go through after the Vegas shooting. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I completed my training and class work for my conceal/open carry permit last October. Tennessee recently went constitutional carry, which I have a huge problem with, but don’t care to get into right now unless you (or anyone else) wants to discuss via PM. 

I can’t even fathom what your friend had to go through after the Vegas shooting. 

I’ll refrain from giving my CC story right now….I’ll say that you and I probably align in our thoughts.

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If you mark yourself “safe” on FB when I know for a fact that you were at least 5 miles away from the event, you can go **** yourself. 

I know there are folks that use that check in feature for legit purposes, but it just feels like an attention getter to me. 

• Like 2

@ShocksMyBrain, dude, I wish I would have seen this last night. Not that I could have done anything to make your evening more pleasant. Curious to hear how everything is at work today. 

Gonna be some emotions going forward, I'm sure. For your mom, too. Hopefully, though, this means that Collierville had its turn being that town where that thing happened and you and yours made it through okay. 

As for the FB attention getting... yeah... don't get me started on people recentering tragedy on themselves. How many people used the Charlie Hebdo shooting to repost all their vacation pictures from Paris and claim that they were personally harmed by it? Hate that s***. 

Now I'm even more preoccupied with this evening's beers. I've been staying dry Mon-Thur so tonight we drink. And we drink. And we drink.

• Love 1