Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

On this week's episode of "the GOP thinks their supporters are stupid. Here's why they might be right"

This tactic worked so well for Roy. 

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

This doesn’t prove anything either. 

I agree and didn't say it did. But if 65 womem are willing to come forward against one who isn't, and hasn't since high school, I'm going to go with the 65. Remember the Duke lacrosse story and what happened there?

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I agree and didn't say it did. But if 65 womem are willing to come forward against one who isn't, and hasn't since high school, I'm going to go with the 65. Remember the Duke lacrosse story and what happened there?

Jeffery Dahmer can probably produce 65 people he didn’t eat. That’s not an indication he was not a serial killer. 

29 minutes ago, alexava said:

Let me reiterate, I don’t support Kavanaugh. But if he did do some version of this as a teenager( likely something happened and his version is much different from hers)is he permanently deemed a rapist? I think you would need an actual rape or pattern of abuse for this to matter. He was a kid. It was decades ago?

No matter what side of the Kavanaugh allegations you fall on, don't try to argue that holding a girl down, turning up the music, and covering her mouth is just a high school boy being too randy. You're beclowning yourself.

Like I said, this will shake the tree. Let's see what else falls out. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No matter what side of the Kavanaugh allegations you fall on, don't try to argue that holding a girl down, turning up the music, and covering her mouth is just a high school boy being too randy. You're beclowning yourself.

Like I said, this will shake the tree. Let's see what else falls out. 

No but school boys do get too randy, then school girls can start remembering things differently than the school boy did AND think she is telling the truth. It happens all the time. It can be difficult to find truth the next day. 30-40 years later, impossible unless that tree you’re shaking produces something. 

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

No but school boys do get too randy, then school girls can start remembering things differently than the school boy did AND think she is telling the truth. It happens all the time. It can be difficult to find truth the next day. 30-40 years later, impossible unless that tree you’re shaking produces something. 

This is also a reason they rarely come forth. Little justice to be found. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

This is also a reason they rarely come forth. Little justice to be found. 

I understand. But why do they seem to come out at critical times. Coincidence? I think not.

And the fake ones like the Duke lacrosse team guys get ruined by false accusations.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Jeffery Dahmer can probably produce 65 people he didn’t eat. That’s not an indication he was not a serial killer. 

Not anymore he's dead and gone to hell:poke:

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I understand. But why do they seem to come out at critical times. Coincidence? I think not.

I think sometimes it takes a situation like someone about to be given a position of great influence and power for victims to finally take the risk of coming forward.

51 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think sometimes it takes a situation like someone about to be given a position of great influence and power for victims to finally take the risk of coming forward.

But she hasn't come forward and at least one of the 65 women who have come out in support of Kavanaugh was apparently mentioned in the letter and says she didn't say what the letter said. The FBI has said they aren't even going to investigate. The real key here is Sens. Collins and Murkowski (both women) say they support Kavanaugh. It's a done deal and the Dems lost an ugly fight they should never have picked IMHO.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

But she hasn't come forward and at least one of the 65 women who have come out in support of Kavanaugh was apparently mentioned in the letter and says she didn't say what the letter said. The FBI has said they aren't even going to investigate. The real key here is Sens. Collins and Murkowski (both women) say they support Kavanaugh. It's a done deal and the Dems lost an ugly fight they should never have picked IMHO.

I'm not talking about this situation specifically.  Just responding to your general question of why do they seem to come out at critical times.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:33 PM, AUDub said:

Apparently, Farrow knows who she is and flew to Cali to speak with her. She probably won’t be anonymous for long. 

And here we are. 

This is very true, and I'm very willing to make that move. Conservatives would be smart to yank his nomination, given how toxic this is getting, and ram through someone even more conservative in the 45 days they have to work with.

What I think they'll do is drag this out and eventually fold. I think the suggestion above would be the better move for them.

I have to admit, now that I've read her story in her words and her husbands, I'm more inclined to believe her.

That said, should what someone did while drunk at 17 be an automatic disqualifier from a role like SCOTUS 35 years later?  I'm not advocating, just asking.  And this isn't really about Kavanaugh per se - he's complicated this with his categorical denial so if he did it, he's now lying.

54 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This is sort of where I am.  I don't know exactly where the line should be drawn between taking accusations seriously and taking them TOO seriously.

It was a day of spectacular self owns by conservative Twitter yesterday, and Tom was no exception. He dumped his after being called on it and walked it back. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I have to admit, now that I've read her story in her words and her husbands, I'm more inclined to believe her.

That said, should what someone did while drunk at 17 be an automatic disqualifier from a role like SCOTUS 35 years later?  I'm not advocating, just asking.  And this isn't really about Kavanaugh per se - he's complicated this with his categorical denial so if he did it, he's now lying.

There are quite a few youthful indiscretions I wouldn't consider disqualifying. Getting popped with some drugs. Getting into a fight. Maybe a DUI, depending on circumstances.

Getting blackout drunk and trying to force yourself on a girl is beyond the pale.

And the self-owns continue. 

Somebody needs to tell conservative Twitter that saying nothing at all is absolutely free. 

Archived