Pump The Brakes!

AUFriction

8 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

If this team makes the playoffs I’ll come mow your lawn and grill you some steaks...

I'll hold you to it. How anyone can discount a top 10 team 4 weeks into a college football season is beyond me.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

One thing all the irrationals are overlooking is that we may have the best defense in the country. We WILL be in every game we play thanks to them.

Don't write this team out of the playoffs yet. An offense always has a lot better chance of finding a rhythm or identity midseason than a defense does. 

So this team yesterday would’ve beat Bama? Are you rationally saying this ?

and before you point to last year. The offense last year had no problem going up and down the field. Their problem stemmed from putting the ball in the red zone. We put up 500 yards on most of our opponents early on. So no it is not the same.

22 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I'll hold you to it. How anyone can discount a top 10 team 4 weeks into a college football season is beyond me.

Because I’ve seen this film before....this will be Gus: the sequel....again...

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

“over-elevated set of expectations.“ ... here it is again....how dare we poor little ol Auburn folk have high expectations....?

To be fair that is not what 64 is saying.

5 hours ago, selias said:

It's AU64, it appears he's fine with just a reasonably nice bowl every year with a New Year's 6 sprinkled in occasionally.

?   Not generally...... I love to see AU ranked well and even better to see them beat bama …..  but I will say that I have never lost a minute's sleep over an AU loss other than perhaps that damn game against FSU that looked won.....and of course, that BCS championship was something special since it had been 50 years since we last did something like that.   

But I enjoy talking sports, especially Auburn sports but mostly try to take an unemotional and objective and hopefully realistic view of things and WILL NOT let an AU loss ruin my day...even LSU last year which appears to have indelibly impacted some folks....  :dunno:   which I understand....well not truly since it is just football....but lets keep the chat going and keep it civil.....and I'm good with that..  War Eagle..

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

To be fair that is not what 64 is saying.

Ummm thats exactly what he’s saying. I’ve had these discussions with 64 before. See his post above. Auburn football doesn’t really affect his life but he has 27,000 posts on a message board...he is happy with a mediocre football team as long as we all sing kumbaya and roast marshmallows together. He seems to believe that wanting to see our school’s teams do well isn’t worth any gnashing of teeth but and aggressively pursues that mantra in his 27,000 posts. Newsflash 64...Auburn losses don’t ruin my days either but Auburn doesn’t spend all that money to see its teams underperform. Winning  is important. If you don’t feel that way I’m quite certain you can rack up 27,000 posts on the Rice University message board...

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Ummm thats exactly what he’s saying. I’ve had these discussions with 64 before. See his post above. Auburn football doesn’t really affect his life but he has 27,000 posts on a message board...he is happy with a mediocre football team as long as we all sing kumbaya and roast marshmallows together. He seems to believe that wanting to see our school’s teams do well isn’t worth any gnashing of teeth but and aggressively pursues that mantra in his 27,000 posts. Newsflash 64...Auburn losses don’t ruin my days either but Auburn doesn’t spend all that money to see its teams underperform. Winning  is important. If you don’t feel that way I’m quite certain you can rack up 27,000 posts on the Rice University message board...

Sorry had to laugh at the kumbaya and roast marshmallows?...........I certainly agree winning is important.

Just now, kevon67 said:

Sorry had to laugh at the kumbaya and roast marshmallows?...........I certainly agree winning is important.

Its cool and don’t get me wrong I like 64, but we all come here to vent in our own way. He has his, I have mine. I just find it odd that someone who cares so little is on here so much...?

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Its cool and don’t get me wrong I like 64, but we all come here to vent in our own way. He has his, I have mine. I just find it odd that someone who cares so little is on here so much...?

I used to take the "Its just a game" defense to let my bama co-worker know he wasnt gettting under my skin........when he was?

Just now, kevon67 said:

I used to take the "Its just a game" defense to let my bama co-worker know he wasnt gettting under my skin........when he was?

Yeah I think we’ve all used that line at some point. I certainly take it less seriously than when I was much younger but to me if you don’t take it somewhat seriously then its not fun.  I actually didn’t even watch last night as I was enjoying a game in Jacksonville with my son who is a student at Jax State.  He and I watched it recorded this morning and were just stunned at the incompetence offensively. 

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Lol OTP is right though. If you are on this forum then it is definitely more than a game to you. It is essentially part of your life. 

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah I think we’ve all used that line at some point. I certainly take it less seriously than when I was much younger but to me if you don’t take it somewhat seriously then its not fun.  I actually didn’t even watch last night as I was enjoying a game in Jacksonville with my son who is a student at Jax State.  He and I watched it recorded this morning and were just stunned at the incompetence offensively. 

The arse kickin chicken?

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Lol yes!

Off topic but wth.........Last watched JSU play in person vs Troy State 1999.......friend played on special teams at Troy.........Pat Nix was on staff at JSU........Tracey Rocker at Troy State.................Stayed in dorm after game........been a homeowner for 6 years married 5 already homesick..

39 degrees outside 110 in dorm.............get up 1am to adjust thermostat?................only to realize I needed a janitors key?........ended up sleeping in the back of my truck?

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Off topic but wth.........Last watched JSU play in person vs Troy State 1999.......friend played on special teams at Troy.........Pat Nix was on staff at JSU........Tracey Rocker at Troy State.................Stayed in dorm after game........been a homeowner for 6 years married 5 already homesick..

39 degrees outside 110 in dorm.............get up 1am to adjust thermostat?................only to realize I needed a janitors key?........ended up sleeping in the back of my truck?

? sounds like fun times! I gotta say JSU puts on a good show on gameday. We had fun.  We are Auburn people but my son got a scholly to JSU so thats where he went. Im a Troy grad but grew up all Auburn and attended Auburn for a glorious time.  

Pat Nix man, I really thought that guy was gonna be Auburns head coach one day....is he even in football anymore? 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

? sounds like fun times! I gotta say JSU puts on a good show on gameday. We had fun.  We are Auburn people but my son got a scholly to JSU so thats where he went. Im a Troy grad but grew up all Auburn and attended Auburn for a glorious time.  

Pat Nix man, I really thought that guy was gonna be Auburns head coach one day....is he even in football anymore? 

Not sure .........wasnt Pat's dad a successful coach............former HS teammate went on scolly JSU............still have that A kickin chicken tee he. brought me home........I was recovering 2nd of 3 knee surgeries..........he loved JSU............congrats I know your one proud parent?

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Not sure .........wasnt Pat's dad a successful coach............former HS teammate went on scolly JSU............still have that A kickin chicken tee he. brought me home........I was recovering 2nd of 3 knee surgeries..........he loved JSU............congrats I know your one proud parent?

Googled him...current head coach at Pinson Valley High where he won the 6A state title last year.  His dad was indeed a very successful high school coach.  

Yeah my son is really loving JSU.  He would have preferred Auburn but he is making a home for himself at Jax. 

I know this wasn’t the main topic of your thread, but I couldn’t agree more with the following:  Mississippi State game was the second worst officiated game I've ever seen (with the LSU game this year being the worst). 

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lol OTP is right though. If you are on this forum then it is definitely more than a game to you. It is essentially part of your life. 

I’m outta likes but “like”

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Logged in, and found myself being told to pump the brakes again. Year after year with the brake pumping. 

Hey man, just pump those brakes on pumping the brakes on the brake pumping...

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

Logged in, and found myself being told to pump the brakes again. Year after year with the brake pumping. 

I know, right?!?!

Somebody instead needs to remind the offense where the accelerator pedal is.

33 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I know, right?!?!

Somebody instead needs to remind the offense where the accelerator pedal is.

Correct........consistency on the OL is a great start............feel bad calling out guys that have the talent to make a D1 roster.........I know they bust there behinds in practice.........but this offense is dependent on a solid running game.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

So this team yesterday would’ve beat Bama? Are you rationally saying this ?

and before you point to last year. The offense last year had no problem going up and down the field. Their problem stemmed from putting the ball in the red zone. We put up 500 yards on most of our opponents early on. So no it is not the same.

We were sacked 11 times at Clemson. We couldn't score on Mercer. Mercer! Those were games 2 and 3 last year. Last year's team wouldn't have beaten Alabama or UGA in week 4, either.

College football shows more game to game change than any sport on the planet. Yes, Auburn must improve. And it's totally reasonable to think that they actually will.

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We were sacked 11 times at Clemson. We couldn't score on Mercer. Mercer! Those were games 2 and 3 last year. Last year's team wouldn't have beaten Alabama or UGA in week 4, either.

College football shows more game to game change than any sport on the planet. Yes, Auburn must improve. And it's totally reasonable to think that they actually will.

We had 500 yards against Mercer and 5 turnovers!!. You keep ignoring that fact .  It wasn’t the problem that we couldn’t score, we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with self inflicted wounds. We couldn’t move the ball against Arkansas. BIG DIFFERENCE. Clemson was a freaking playoff team with arguably the best defensive line last year. Stop it. 

Archived