Pump The Brakes!

AUFriction

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Jeff and Dag....two of my favorite guys sniping at each other....c'mon fellows........can't we all get along..:dunno:    

I'm willing to try and mediate a settlement over a beer somewhere.....and see if we can have a big hug and put this behind us...

I’ll take a  beer though. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OnthePlains said:

Tell ya what if this team ends up 10-2 I’ll buy all three of ya a beer and throw in a steak...

Start saving your money, Gus has been reading a book called “Adaptation for Dummies” and is wanting to utilize the new information. 

Heard it here first!!

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Tell ya what if this team ends up 10-2 I’ll buy all three of ya a beer and throw in a steak...

We haven't won in 10 games in a long while.. This is like when your parents say, if you get an A in this class, I will buy you a new cell phone, but you have made Cs all through high school lol.

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I've got 64's first beer though, and that's just if they only lose to both UGA and Bama. If they actually split that series, the rest of his beer for the night is on me. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I got to give him props. He is consistent.

I “got” to give you props, you provide the opportunities. 

Its a reverse simpatico type deal.

You guys are wound up early today.....must have had sour milk on your Wheaties.....

Hope things perk up for all of you.....it's a nice foggy  day here with 80% chance of rain so golf is out.....will find a good book to read. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You guys are wound up early today.....must have had sour milk on your Wheaties.....

Hope things perk up for all of you.....it's a nice foggy  day here with 80% chance of rain so golf is out.....will find a good book to read. 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ba8e38e33346c4d73

I'm in the chair as we speak so keep it going.  This is a page turner and I've got 5-1/2 hours to kill.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm in the chair as we speak so keep it going.  This is a page turner and I've got 5-1/2 hours to kill.

@cole256

Forum beef is what you are seeking?!

treyway!

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

@cole256

Forum beef is what you are seeking?!

treyway!

I admit I'm too old and whitebread to get "treyway".

Is that a dig or something good?  'splain please sir.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I admit I'm too old and whitebread to get "treyway".

Is that a dig or something good?  'splain please sir.

Tekashi sixnine lol. Brooklyn based rapper. Always in some sort of beef and always screams out his manager’s name treyway. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Tekashi sixnine lol. Brooklyn based rapper. Always in some sort of beef and always screams out his manager’s name treyway. 

Ah...  Okay sorry, still not sure how it applies to my post and Cole.  I have no beef with Cole...

Sorry, if I'm just missing something.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Ah...  Okay sorry, still not sure how it applies to my post and Cole.  I have no beef with Cole...

Sorry, if I'm just missing something.

You are enjoying the back and forth = beef.

I had a gif posted about tekashi the other day which Cole responded to appropriately because he has is on-going beef.

You got to get the subliminal messages my guy haha 

Now I had to explain it and it takes away from the plot.

Speaking of forum beef: back in the day me and @McLoofus use to be arch enemies. Hilarious . Good times, good times.

Just now, DAG said:

You are enjoying the back and forth = beef.

I had a gif posted about tekashi the other day which Cole responded to appropriately because he has is on-going beef.

You got to get the subliminal messages my guy haha 

Now I had to explain it and it takes away from the plot.

DOH!  Sorry about that.  I get what you're saying now.

Sometimes I'm as sharp as a rubber mallet.

You're one of my faves on here and I didn't want to think I offended you or something...

Thanks for dumbing it down for me.  Now maybe you could dumb down "how to run an offense" for Gus??

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

DOH!  Sorry about that.  I get what you're saying now.

Sometimes I'm as sharp as a rubber mallet.

You're one of my faves on here and I didn't want to think I offended you or something...

Thanks for dumbing it down for me.  Now maybe you could dumb down "how to run an offense" for Gus??

I hate to say it but these guys might be right.. Gus might need a certain type of player to get over the top . That’s all I am going to say about that. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I hate to say it but these guys might be right.. Gus might need a certain type of player to get over the top . That’s all I am going to say about that. 

If he won't adapt his offense properly to the type of players he's recruiting....you'd think that even a High School coach could figure that out ?

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

If he won't adapt his offense properly to the type of players he's recruiting....you'd think that even a High School coach could figure that out ?

I remember when we thought we were going to get JS and Kendall Briles in a package deal...good times, good times. I am just honestly so confused and I don’t think it is as easy as we will just get better or we always start off slow. This seems to be completely different . Especially since all I heard in the off season was Gus has rarely had a QB come back, so it will be better.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I remember when we thought we were going to get JS and Kendall Briles in a package deal...good times, good times. I am just honestly so confused and I don’t think it is as easy as we will just get better or we always start off slow. This seems to be completely different . Especially since all I heard in the off season was Gus has rarely had a QB come back, so it will be better.

Exactly.

I posted (probably too much) yesterday that I have a tin-foil hat feeling that something deeper is going on with the team.  Especially the offense.

This may be the most interesting Southern Miss game ever.  ...well next to the one where Brett Favre kicked AU's butt....

45 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Prayed for you this morning - hope the side effects are minimal. 

Just now, AidiAU said:

Prayed for you this morning - hope the side effects are minimal. 

Thank you Aidi!  It's cumulative, as they say, so each round will be a little worse but compared to SO many, mine are very manageable. ....just hope it stays that way.  I haven't even lost any hair yet...not that it matters that much to me...but they say it's coming.

My wife's cousin's husband has a very bad cancer and they're using stem cell treatment and a chemo that was so bad that one 20 minute shot and all his hair fell out the next day.  Plus the nausea was debilitating.

...so I'm BLESSED, trust me!!

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Speaking of forum beef: back in the day me and @McLoofus use to be arch enemies. Hilarious . Good times, good times.

It's true! :cheers:

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

This seems to be completely different . Especially since all I heard in the off season was Gus has rarely had a QB come back, so it will be better.

Yeah. I was one of the ones trying to tell folks that. I'm baffled. And concerned. There's no excuse for what's happening. 

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I posted (probably too much) yesterday that I have a tin-foil hat feeling that something deeper is going on with the team.  Especially the offense.

After the offense's performance Saturday night, I'm open to all possibilities. This is Auburn, after all. Stranger Than Fiction U. You've got the OC visibly upset in the booth. You've got the DC visibly upset in his presser the next day. I wasn't worried about the players leaving, but the questionable mojo is starting to thicken. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

After the offense's performance Saturday night, I'm open to all possibilities. This is Auburn, after all. Stranger Than Fiction U. You've got the OC visibly upset in the booth. You've got the DC visibly upset in his presser the next day. I wasn't worried about the players leaving, but the questionable mojo is starting to thicken. 

Stidham looked visibly upset on more than one occasion during the game too.

Archived