Auburn vs Southern Miss Prediction

Zeek

I’m late posting this and I’ll make it look prettier in the morning with my full “preview”

Short version: we have to use this game as a method to fix our deficiencies. Stidham needs in game timing worked out on deep balls. The part we’re not discussing is something StatTiger pointed out. We aren’t generating the big plays that also keep Gus’ offense rolling. Historically we struggle without a deep threat.

Southern Miss is a notch or two above the Alabama State’s of this world. Their qb just threw for 400+ yards against Rice. So it’s good the secondary will be tested as well.

Auburn 34 - Southern Miss 20

Defense makes 2 red zone stands forcing field goals. It stays close enough to make the game thread toxic but comfortable enough we never feel in dange of losing.

Hoping I’m wrong but this offense needs to kick it into gear fast or we have a rough schedule ahead of us.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

AU 27

USM 13

offense continues to struggle...

Good prediction blue  helmet.  I  will go  with 34-13.

I honestly have no idea how to predict this offense. I could see us scoring 50 & I could also see us scoring 14. Anytime I predict anything good we suck. So I’m saying 21. Won’t suck as bad if my expectations are set low..?

Sorry.  Gotta prove it after last week.  I still think something's fishy in the offense meeting room.

AU 20

USM 17

....in overtime

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Sorry.  Gotta prove it after last week.  I still think something's fishy in the offense meeting room.

AU 20

USM 17

....in overtime

I will be drunk before overtime starts then. 

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

AU 20

USM 17

....in overtime

Dang 72........I hope your waaaay off?

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I will be drunk before overtime starts then. 

I would be if I could.  I'da been hammered by half time last week.  I give up on Gus every year, then give him a chance the following year.  When will I learn?

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Dang 72........I hope your waaaay off?

Oh, I hope so too!

I'm just trying....yeah reverse psychology....

TLdaChY.gif

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I would be if I could.  I'da been hammered by half time last week.  I give up on Gus every year, then give him a chance the following year.  When will I learn?

Come on brother.........turn that frown upside down.

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Come on brother.........turn that frown upside down.

I was just feeling so good that a corner was being turned going into LSU.  I was okay (well as much as one can be) with that game because they fought hard and I agree they were playing against both Tigers & Zebras that game. But I'm as gun-shy as Jarred Stidham in the pocket right now after the Arky showing.

With that said, I'm blessed and life is good.  Just want to feel confident in the whole team again.

18 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I was just feeling so good that a corner was being turned going into LSU.  I was okay (well as much as one can be) with that game because they fought hard and I agree they were playing against both Tigers & Zebras that game. But I'm as gun-shy as Jarred Stidham in the pocket right now after the Arky showing.

With that said, I'm blessed and life is good.  Just want to feel confident in the whole team again.

Agreed...... I admit I have to travel back to late 80 loss to FSU and a Deion Sanders PI no call to remeber the last time I felt as bad as I did loosing to LSU........92 GA loss.

28-13. Southern Miss has the best defense in Conference USA, and the best passing offense in their conference. They just put a beat down on Rice. I'm nervous this game will be close and if it is, I could see us dropping in rankings.  Don't be surprised to see a close game imo, our secondary will be tested.

We open up the playbook this week. Problem is pages 2-100 are blank. 

34-10 AU. D plays well. Puts us in good field position. 9 FG’s and a defensive TD. WDE!

Archived