Bryan Matthews and Jay Tate podcast

CR

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Jay G. put out something today too (behind a pay wall).  Won't go too into it because of site rules, but it sounds like most money people are done with Gus no matter what and Greene has been made fully aware of this.

This is some intriguing news. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as money people pull the strings Auburn will be a constant revolving door of coaches. See what Bama went through prior to Saban. This should be Greene’s decision and his only because you can surely bet he will be held accountable for the production of the next hire not the money people. Whoever comes in next deserves full control of the program like Bama gave Saban when he came in. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Jay G. put out something today too (behind a pay wall).  Won't go too into it because of site rules, but it sounds like most money people are done with Gus no matter what and Greene has been made fully aware of this.

Welp if Gus is done then.... Welp. Hope Gus continues to rally his troops since we are still in midseason. 

Who is in Gus corner anymore truly? Mikey?! 64???  Coach Jay who goes around wanting to fight everyone in here?! lol. He has not only lost the big money guys he has lost I would say about 95% of the fanbase as well. I totally believe all the big money people are done with Gus. That is easy to believe. We have been told for a long time WE HAVE the money to pump life and upgrades in to JHS and get a new football facility. The big time donors just do not like Gus. Do not trust Gus. And never have. Therefore they have got stingy with the money. They really have never been on Gus side. So I absolutely believe what JGT is saying. Even the biggest sunshine pumper Pmarsh this week said Gus is in trouble if he does not win TWO not 1 but two of our remaining sec games. That def is telling because Pmarsh changed his tune in a hurry after the Rocky Top loss. Before that he was saying basically no way he would be gone. So obviously something has changed and Pmarsh was told something.

I found this show to be soothing.  So nice to know that others are suffering with me.  Not so angry with Gus for being clueless about how to run a program, my rage is more because of the arrogance and unwillingness to correct his mistakes.  Dumbest smart guy I’ve ever witnessed

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who is in Gus corner anymore truly? Mikey?! 64???  Coach Jay who goes around wanting to fight everyone in here?! lol. He has not only lost the big money guys he has lost I would say about 95% of the fanbase as well. I totally believe all the big money people are done with Gus. That is easy to believe. We have been told for a long time WE HAVE the money to pump life and upgrades in to JHS and get a new football facility. The big time donors just do not like Gus. Do not trust Gus. And never have. Therefore they have got stingy with the money. They really have never been on Gus side. So I absolutely believe what JGT is saying. Even the biggest sunshine pumper Pmarsh this week said Gus is in trouble if he does not win TWO not 1 but two of our remaining sec games. That def is telling because Pmarsh changed his tune in a hurry after the Rocky Top loss. Before that he was saying basically no way he would be gone. So obviously something has changed and Pmarsh was told something.

Two out of three ? Yikes 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Great podcast. Blaming (rightly) Gus on all the offensive, and sometimes defensive recruiting issues. "Thinks he knows how to evaluate talent and he doesn't". 

People can defend Gus all they want, the way we've recruited on the OL, at QB and at RB is absolutely inexcusable.

I can't count how many times I've gotten the oh you know more than the coaches comment. No I'm not saying that but I'm saying if o see a guy that's a good player, in our back yard, family has been Auburn fans forever, and we ignore the kid and he plays a position we are thin in.....I just think it's common sense

Just listened to this. Somebody PLEASE back me up as far as is this not the EXACT thing I said about Devan Barrett and of course I had to argue with people about it. I just say things super early man. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don’t know what the heck will happen with Gus but Auburn has to make some tough decisions. As far as those who still support the guy, if they represent a significant portion of our fan base then you know what? They deserve to be stuck with Gus. Let them wallow in their mediocrity and buy their Birmingham Bowl T-shirt. If they aren’t willing to call a spade a spade after that performance against UT then Mikey and 64 and the whole lot of them deserve what Gus will do the next couple of years...unfortunately the rest of us will suffer too.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

How long do they babble on about food?

FF about 10 min. i think

Well Matthews called Shivers a Gus pick. And he also called Malik and Josh Marsh Gus picks. Was condescending in nature. Do our players actually give these a holes interviews?

19 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I don’t know what the heck will happen with Gus but Auburn has to make some tough decisions. As far as those who still support the guy, if they represent a significant portion of our fan base then you know what? They deserve to be stuck with Gus. Let them wallow in their mediocrity and buy their Birmingham Bowl T-shirt. If they aren’t willing to call a spade a spade after that performance against UT then Mikey and 64 and the whole lot of them deserve what Gus will do the next couple of years...unfortunately the rest of us will suffer too.

They can follow him to wake forest or whatever he will be coaching at in the future , if it comes to this. As for me and my house? I shall support the Tigers next year, whether it be Gus on the sidelines or someone else.

3 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Kendall Briles, Art's son. Currently Kiffin's OC at FAU.

He is at Houston 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I support him because he is still the head coach @ Auburn and I will until the day he leaves albeit on his own or fired. If you don’t like that oh well....But if money people are behind this and not Greene, then get ready for a few years of what UT, Texas and UF went through. When power brokers are involved all over a program it just never ever ends well, Auburn of all schools should know that by now. They hired an AD let him do his damn job independently of their meddling. 

52 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I support him because he is still the head coach @ Auburn and I will until the day he leaves albeit on his own or fired. If you done like that oh well....But if money people are behind this and not Greene, then get ready for a few years of what UT, Texas and UF went through. When power brokers are involved all over a program it just never ever ends well, Auburn of all schools should know that by now. They hired an AD let him do his damn job independently of their meddling. 

Yah how terrible of them to want out a under performing coach........ I mean they have a good reason to want him out. It is not like they just want him fired because they do not like the guy. I support the players. I always will support the players. I do not support Gus at all.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah how terrible of them to want out a under performing coach........ I mean they have a good reason to want them out. It is not like they just want him fired because they do not like the guy.

Regardless you hire an AD for a reason. If they were gonna do this they might as well had kept the puppet JJ....And it’s been stated some just don’t like him whether he is too passive, too nice, not enough fire, etc. My only point let Greene do the job he is being paid to do. I tend to lean toward his judgment before some douche with a checkbook that thinks Auburn athletics is their part time toy for fun. 

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Regardless you hire an AD for a reason. If they were gonna do this they might as well had kept the puppet JJ....And it’s been stated some just don’t like him whether he is too passive, too nice, not enough fire, etc. My only point let Greene do the job he is being paid to do. I tend to lean toward his judgment before some douche with a checkbook that thinks Auburn athletics is their part time toy for fun. 

Why do you not think Greene is not in full agreement? Lol. Gus isn’t his guy and he is by far underperforming. Greene has been put in a peculiar position because he is in the middle of a situation he absolutely did not create. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why do you not think Greene is not in full agreement? Lol. Gus isn’t his guy and he is by far underperforming. Greene has been put in a peculiar position because he is in the middle of a situation he absolutely did not create. 

I don’t know...no one mentioned Greene. It was all about what the money people have said and want. I can’t speak for Greene and will not even try. I’ll just wait until November 30 or so and see what happens. 

21 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I support him because he is still the head coach @ Auburn and I will until the day he leaves albeit on his own or fired. If you don’t like that oh well

You were on the Earl Brown bus in 1950 too weren't you?

9 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I don’t know...no one mentioned Greene. It was all about what the money people have said and want. I can’t speak for Greene and will not even try. I’ll just wait until November 30 or so and see what happens. 

But you do agree that he is underperforming or at least performing up to par to his pay, correct? 

I really don't like the player bashing tbh. I mean critique performance but not potential. Otherwise, they were firing off and I agreed with most.

Archived