Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Tell Gus to take the 32 million and start his own construction company. He can put in fake doors and elevators that spin like Cox and plenty of screens. 

If he takes 16 I'll manage the project, free of charge.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truth is that Malzahn doesn't want to be unemployed. Seasoned coaches often laugh about having been fired more times than they can count, but you'll never hear Malzahn crack those jokes. He's never been fired. He's damn proud of that fact and he'd really like to finish his career without that blemish on his record — even an insignificant one that most people never even consider.

Coming from the Jay Tate article ... I'm still liking the idea that Malzahn has another job offer on the table, *IF* Auburn and Malzahn can come to the terms of a smaller buyout so the other school won't have to pay it all. The fact that he hasn't been fired in his career before means that Auburn and Malzahn will part on "good" terms and he'll never have been fired. Shut up and let me dream, okay?

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Jay Tate on the latest strategic maneuvers:

And that’s not all. Evidently someone had a secret camera in the meeting when Greene was giving Gus all these demands that would make any other coach say “I’m outta here”:

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Coming from the Jay Tate article ... I'm still liking the idea that Malzahn has another job offer on the table, *IF* Auburn and Malzahn can come to the terms of a smaller buyout so the other school won't have to pay it all. The fact that he hasn't been fired in his career before means that Auburn and Malzahn will part on "good" terms and he'll never have been fired. Shut up and let me dream, okay?

If he has another offer I’m sure they would be glad to drop his buyout altogether.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Ok but remember it has to be a run first building.

Of course. I'll even throw in a Tesla charger. He seems like a Tesla kind of dude.

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

So we put the screws to Gus expecting him to bolt and captain beta said “okay sure”

47F2C8F6-BEFA-4B94-9295-A9F68D2A8761.gif

If he has another offer I’m sure they would be glad to drop his buyout altogether.

Maybe? But, again, just let me have that small dream. I can't sit here and think that we're gonna be stuck with Malzahn for another year.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Maybe? But, again, just let me have that small dream. I can't sit here and think that we're gonna be stuck with Malzahn for another year.

The hurricane hit my house but Gus being retained would be the worst part of 2018 to me. 

The fact that he wanted to design it, when would he have time for that besides every halftime and second half that  he isn't making adjustments

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

The hurricane hit my house but Gus being retained would be the worst part of 2018 to me. 

POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So we put the screws to Gus expecting him to bolt and captain beta said “okay sure”

Seriously, I don't understand that move at all. By all accounts he's an egotistical control freak and he's going to agree to career neutering?

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Sorry I may have not been clear on that ( some folks think I need more schooling) I hope Gus does have another option elsewhere. I was saying I’m sure they new place would not have to pay the eight million buyout to get Gus, we would make it free. In fact, we would probably be able to offer some extra money just to take him.

Just now, selias said:

Seriously, I don't understand that move at all. By all accounts he's an egotistical control freak and he's going to agree to career neutering?

Now you got it. They did everything they could to make Gus leave and he won’t go. Heck he won’t even leave for 32 million dollars. Don’t ask me to explain his rationalization. It is well past my pay grade.

Sorry I may have not been clear on that ( some folks think I need more schooling) I hope Gus does have another option elsewhere. I was saying I’m sure they new place would not have to pay the eight million buyout to get Gus, we would make it free. In fact, we would probably be able to offer some extra money just to take him.

Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure how contracts work as far as a school not wanting to take the buyout money from another school looking to hire away their coach. If it's in the contract then I'm sure it has to be paid out. Which is why I'm hoping that's the reason for the renegotiation. 

1 minute ago, selias said:

Either it’s his “oh shucks” attitude or he’s so confident that he’ll fix it and get back in good graces.

One could almost call him desperate. I would respect his will to fight and confidence in himself but he’s had enough time to get us to proper level of success.

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’d call their bluff.  I was for a new direction but this has me on the verge of rooting for Gus.  If you want to fire Gus honor the contract you negotiated and move on!

1 minute ago, lala said:

I’d call their bluff.  I was for a new direction but this has me on the verge of rooting for Gus.  If you want to fire Gus honor the contract you negotiated and move on!

No matter what don’t root for Gus. Regardless of how this pans out he’s going to get paid big and we’re going to suffer for it. 

2 minutes ago, lala said:

^^^ this x 1000.. obviously we have a special kind of stupid running the show at Auburn. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

No matter what don’t root for Gus. Regardless of how this pans out he’s going to get paid big and we’re going to suffer for it. 

He just signed the deal our idiot trustee negotiated.   If they now want him gone pay him and don’t drag my University through the mud.  

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

JMO but Auburn needs a house cleaning big time. There is no way you screw this up this bad... pay the man. The President amd PTB agreed on this ridiculous contract.. fire him.. and move on. 

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

😆 

This is hilarious. We had a reasonable plan set forwardth that could minimize blow back to all involved parties and only Gus would want to circumvent such a plan. 

With my daughter likely coming to the US and Auburn in 2021 to begin her education.  I am a little concerned that this type of incompetence on the adminstration's part is going to drive up tuition and cost.  Should I be concerned?  Please set this poor missionaries mind at ease.

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

JMO but Auburn needs a house cleaning big time. There is no way you screw this up this bad... pay the man. The President amd PTB agreed on this ridiculous contract.. fire him.. and move on. 

Agreed! They could start by hiring me 👀 I kid but man am I ready to move back to the loveliest village

2 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

With my daughter likely coming to the US and Auburn in 2021 to begin her education.  I am a little concerned that this type of incompetence on the adminstration's part is going to drive up tuition and cost.  Should I be concerned?  Please set this poor missionaries mind at ease.

God bless you and your daughter! At the same time, I have never heard of a college administration this screwed up in my entire life!

Archived