2019 3* LB Christopher Russell

ellitor

31 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

we also have to remember that very seldom are the stats correct on there.

Yes but as I said before the differential from listed to actual is about the same across the board so the listed 6'2 guys are still taller than the listed 6'0 & 6'1 guys. The taller guys still have a physics advantage that must be made up by athleticism, instincts, technique, &/or toughness.

38 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

3 of the top 15 OLB recruits in the country are listed at pretty much same size as him

That's only 20% of that group.

39 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

6'0 228 is not really undersized

The 6'0 part is because it's really 5'10 or 5'11. The other guys listed at that height make up for it mainly through the athleticism & speed they have shown so far in their careers. Speed in particular is something KB doesn't appear to have at their levels. For him to make up for that he's going to have to excel in some of the other attributes I listed above to be a quality college LB.

45 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

in our defense that could be prime D. Davis role  

Yes if he has or develops the other skills/attributes to make up for the speed & athleticism difference.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes but as I said before the differential from listed to actual is about the same across the board so the listed 6'2 guys are still taller than the listed 6'0 & 6'1 guys. The taller guys still have a physics advantage that must be made up by athleticism, instincts, technique, &/or toughness.

That's only 20% of that group.

The 6'0 part is because it's really 5'10 or 5'11. The other guys listed at that height make up for it mainly through the athleticism & speed they have shown so far in their careers. Speed in particular is something KB doesn't appear to have at their levels. For him to make up for that he's going to have to excel in some of the other attributes I listed above to be a quality college LB.

Yes if he has or develops the other skills/attributes to make up for the speed & athleticism difference.

Got ya. I like his toughness. I think he needs the weight room more than anything,  I do hope we sign him i like his grit and he could be a solif FB and maybe LB....he may be quicker with some fat trimmed

Archived