2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

47 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not particularly happy with the guy's decision. However, I do believe in the long run he would have been a HUGE distraction like "Duke" was a couple of years ago. He would have looked good on paper and in our rankings, but was genuinely a worrisome commodity. If we can just keep MAR and the others I will be extremely happy.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pickens done pissed off our whole team. I hope they are lighting his ass up in the group chat. 

I don’t remember us having a recruit in the social media era that ticked off our players this much.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, casatiger said:

If they go to UGA then they have to go to Knoxville and Tuscaloosa.  NCAA does not want to open that can of worms.  Whistling while looking the other way emoji would be appropriate but I dont do emojis 

The NCAA might not have a choice. You have these three schools pulling talent from all over the country, plenty of other schools are going to complain. All three are ex-Saban guys also. Bet Saban isn't very happy about the goings on at uga and ut. But he did help make those beds. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Could he be let go after today?

I think they wanna give the Simmons manimal at least a season to sap whatever knowledge Grimes has left, but TWO seasons of all time depth on the Auburn offense going to waste b/c of a D2 OL (that could easily last to 3 or 4 seasons...or more) is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I hate to wish ill on 18 year old kids, but I hope his grade issues are real and he has to go JUCO.

And if he ever actually makes it to UGA, I hope the first play he's on the field against us, one of our DBs lights him up just for the hell of it.  I'll accept the 15 yarder.  He's in my "Will Always Hate" Hall of Fame with Yeldon and Foster.  I don't mind kids changing their minds.  I get it.  But you don't have to give us the middle finger and a big "F*** You" while doing it.

Kirby orchestrated those other 2 as well. Dude has no freaking class. I cannot wait till he gets what is coming to him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree with @DAG that young Anthony should probably chill. 

I wouldn't encourage it but I like that they're calling him out in a way. Kinda shows that they love AU if you ask me. But, silence is ok too

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

Swartz is on fire, but, I wish he would let it go...

I think some of our players reactions like Schwartz, Miller, and with Pappoe there for the signing, shows that Pickens was indicating to them he was ALL AU on his visits and tweets and any communication Pickens had w/ our players.

To hear Pickens flip, just made them all mad and react, bc of probably what he had been telling them all. Don't blame them...

• Like 2

If you think this Pickens thing is because of Gus, I believe you are very jaded. Gus more than likely threw everything he had at this guy. Some recruits are just head cases. Let it go, we were fine without Yeldon and Foster, we'll be fine without Pickens. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I hate to wish ill on 18 year old kids, but I hope Pickens' grade issues are real and he has to go JUCO.

And if he ever actually makes it to UGA, I hope the first play he's on the field against us, one of our DBs lights him up just for the hell of it.  I'll accept the 15 yarder.  He's in my "Will Always Hate" Hall of Fame with Yeldon and Foster.  I don't mind kids changing their minds.  I get it.  But you don't have to give us the middle finger and a big "F*** You" while doing it.

https://youtu.be/iK0-76FChfk?t=166

(Somewhat NSFW)

Edited by AUwent

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

I wouldn't encourage it but I like that they're calling him out in a way. Kinda shows that they love AU if you ask me. But, silence is ok too

It will pull our team closer in my eyes.  Will make them fight harder this upcoming season.  Prove to everyone who didn't sign with us they made the wrong decision.  Light em up.

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

If you think this Pickens thing is because of Gus, I believe you are very jaded. Gus more than likely threw everything he had at this guy. Some recruits are just head cases. Let it go, we were fine without Yeldon and Foster, we'll be fine without Pickens. 

It's more about perception than it is whether we'll be fine.  We have a great group of WRs.  We aren't hurting there.  But when one of your archrivals flips one of the top players in the entire country from you after he's been committed over 500 days to you, it's never good.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kirby orchestrated those other 2 as well. Dude has no freaking class. I cannot wait till he gets what is coming to him.

Don't forget that bag of trash trying to run up the score on us last year too. Pretty sure Gus didn't appreciate that. 

I want that program to get busted.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I hate to wish ill on 18 year old kids, but I hope Pickens' grade issues are real and he has to go JUCO.

What about that AHS player who’s name we agree not to mention again? He has to be on that list too. 

30 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Who would have thought that we would lock up the dumbest post of the day by 9:30 am

Yes I am dumb and a big nobody on here, but sorry if I don’t join the “kiss the ring” crowd.  I’ll head on back to my double wide now 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The NCAA might not have a choice. You have these three schools pulling talent from all over the country, plenty of other schools are going to complain. All three are ex-Saban guys also. Bet Saban isn't very happy about the goings on at uga and ut. But he did help make those beds. 

So who will start that investigation?  Crawford?

Just now, WaynesAUworld said:

What about that AHS player who’s name we agree not to mention again? He has to be on that list too. 

Yep.  R***** F***** and Yeldon started the list.

Well I have to say this. If what is being hinted at in tweets by players is true and I think it is, Gus is competing for top recruits that want to play that game with one hand tied behind his back. So we have a choice to make. We either do the same or take our lumps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Amen! I believe that he is a head case and would have been a detrimental distraction (or even worse) on the level of  "Duke" a few years back. Good Riddance!!

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's more about perception than it is whether we'll be fine.  We have a great group of WRs.  We aren't hurting there.  But when one of your archrivals flips one of the top players in the entire country from you after he's been committed over 500 days to you, it's never good.

So what do we do..write a bigger check???

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So this thread title says Moore at 9:30 and it is 10.  What did he do?

they have 14 kids announcing and he's last to go

• Like 1

Like most high profile recruits George has "handlers" and w/ grade issues (and possibly doing this all over again post JUCO) those loser flunkies may have blown it by burning bridges on the Plains.

• Like 1

I’m relatively unmoved by the GP thing and maybe thinking we dodged a big problem! I never really liked his attitude and didn’t think he fit in at my school!

• Like 2