Meanwhile in the SEC West

Auburn is currently 7-5 in the league. That puts them at 6th in the SEC West. The number one team in the SEC West? There’s three of them. LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss. All of them have a record of 8-4.

Auburn is in second to last place in the SEC West and is out of first place by one game. 

Auburn is also tied for sixth in the entire conference. 

THAT is how competitive the SEC West is. 

We look to be struggling right now, but we are competing with these teams, and at some point, we’ll win our share. This season is about getting one on the road, and two at home, anything else should make Auburn fans ecstatic. Sweeping UT and beating S.C. on the road gave us a 2 game cushion to achieve this. We gave one back against Arkansas this past weekend, but we’re still in good shape. We get our pitchers back, we’re gonna be in great shape. Be patient with this team. Last season, they were 4-8 in SEC play to start the season and finished an inning away from omaha. I’m pretty confident they’ll figure out the bats, and we’ll find consistent pitching.

The fact that we are only 1 game out of first place while missing TWO of our weekend starters is amazing. If we can just keep close to the top of the standings until Daniel and Owen get back then we'll be fine the rest of the year. I'm hoping that Williams and Holland find their bats because if they do we'll be a problem in the line up from 1-9. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Meanwhile in the SEC West
2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Last season, they were 4-8 in SEC play to start the season and finished an inning away from omaha. I’m pretty confident they’ll figure out the bats, and we’ll find consistent pitching.

I do remember that we were in a very similar place last year. As such, I’m confident our coaches will get the team redirected and we will finish strong. The bats of Williams, Julien, and Holland are too good to stay down for much longer. And having Owens and/or Daniels back will be huge. 

Texas A&M (7-4-1), Ole Miss (8-4), Vanderbilt (7-5), Georgia(9-3) and LSU (8-4) all have better conference records and that's what is left on the schedule.  And the one team on the schedule with a worse conference record will go all out to try and take 1 or 2.

Expect no quarter....  

I really can’t help but feel the second game Friday was bigger than one game.  Maybe it’s just the fact we were ohhhhhhh so close and missed multiple chances.

if the deserved optimism holds true, we will be a force the end of this year and next.  We have a lot of young arms with talent.  Just gotta get ahead in the counts.

11 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Texas A&M (7-4-1), Ole Miss (8-4), Vanderbilt (7-5), Georgia(9-3) and LSU (8-4) all have better conference records and that's what is left on the schedule.  And the one team on the schedule with a worse conference record will go all out to try and take 1 or 2.

Expect no quarter....  

Yep...for better or worse we've seen most of the "easy" teams on our schedule now....time to step it up..:)

Archived