2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

8 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Ridiculous Gus/Garner passed on a local guy.  Joke of a coaching staff.  

@AUCE05 Supposedly had character concerns per JLee. You have been hesitant in the past for AU to take some guys you knew had character concerns.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUCE05 Supposedly had character concerns per JLee. You have been hesitant in the past for AU to take some guys you knew had character concerns.

No offense, but I don't recall these 'off the field issues' coming up until now. We have been fighting this issue since last summer w his leaning toward UT, then hearing Auburn was back in the picture.

Seems like he mainly still had his heart on UT, and our coaching change simply made that decision better. Who knows on the off field stuff that seems to bring brought in all the time...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No offense, but I don't recall these 'off the field issues' coming up until now. We have been fighting this issue since last summer w his leaning toward UT, then hearing Auburn was back in the picture.

@steeleagleThe character/grade concerns were the reason Garner & Co weren't balls to the walls after him. It wasn't a constant theme in this thread but it had been mentioned at least a couple of times.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The early signing period was December 16 through 18th. How is Brooks signing on Dec 31st? https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=2021+early+football+signing+period+ncaa

@Mikey He signed in the early period. It just got reported much later like we did with Jay Hardy last cycle. We didn't report that Hardy had signed early til January 18th.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Recruitment-over-Jay-Hardy-has-signed-with-Auburn--142403674

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He signed in the early period. It just got reported much later like we did with Jay Hardy last cycle. We didn't report that Hardy had signed early til January 18th

Quick question @ellitor Since this year has the transfer rule in place, how does that impact signees? Can they get out of their recently signed NLI or does the rule only apply to players already on campus? Thanks in advance for your insight. 

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Quick question @ellitor Since this year has the transfer rule in place, how does that impact signees? Can they get out of their recently signed NLI or does the rule only apply to players already on campus? Thanks in advance for your insight. 

For NLIs schools still have to let them out of the NLI for recruits to be able to be on scholly at a different school the same year. If the original school doesn't then the recruit still has to pay for his first year at a different school. NLIs are binding for 1 year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

He signed in the early period. It just got reported much later like we did with Jay Hardy last cycle.

Ah. Payback for the way we did them with Hardy.

• Like 1

Yeah. Now, when Pruitt is fired in the next 11 months, I hope he’ll come on back home. 

• 2 weeks later...

If there is/was a character concern. I wonder how this plays with Harsin’s “our guys” motto? Are we going to chase stars or the right guy?

I have no affiliation or real idea about who Dylan Brooks is. Just think it might show our former staffs lack of competency or the new staffs “mindset”? Who is an Auburn man?

Edited by jcollum243

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Remarkable back to back posts, and perfect- and likely unintended- value from the "<extended period of time> later" functionality. Tip of the cap to @mcgufcm and the site admins.

image.png

Fwiw Pruitt being fired was posted long before then. Me, Bird, Golf, & and actually started by a post from Hunter 48 on the bunker last summer.

• Facepalm 1

Oh yeah. That’s been floating around for a long time. His attorney is essentially stating that this was pre-orchestrated to avoid his buyout, which seems both a little too Machiavellian for Fulmer and entirely plausible. It’s rarely ever a good idea to sue your old school. Look at David Beaty (represented by the same guy). He hasn’t gotten an on field job in three years since suing Kansas. Should be interesting to watch and see where this goes between UT and Pruitt.

But no. I was not prescient on this one. 

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

Oh yeah. That’s been floating around for a long time. His attorney is essentially stating that this was pre-orchestrated to avoid his buyout, which seems both a little too Machiavellian for Fulmer and entirely plausible. It’s rarely ever a good idea to sue your old school. Look at David Beaty (represented by the same guy). He hasn’t gotten an on field job in three years since suing Kansas. 

But no. I was not prescient on this one. 

You lost me on the big "M" word but I think I got the jest of it. LOL

• Haha 1

Another thing to keep in mind with these Tennessee recruits is that we want to be sure they will not get caught up in Tennessee mess. Coaches will need to tread carefully here

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

You lost me on the big "M" word but I think I got the jest of it. LOL

Machiavelli is an important figure to learn about.  Basically promoted the idea that the ends justify the means...evil is ok if it leads to a beneficial outcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1