5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

Appreciate all of you @ellitor, @boomstick, @Zeek, @GwillMac6 (and others) who put the time in to follow recruiting like you do so that someone like me can read it and be current. This thing gets crazier and crazier each day that goes by. While I can't blame anyone for taking money like what is being reported the whole announcement thing just gets more and more ridiculous. Just freaking do what you plan to do and stop the theatrics. That said, very happy and thankful for the guys we have committed. We have Bruce and that gives Auburn an solid advantage right there. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not admitting defeat. Can't do it until he gone.

@tigerbrotha12 It's all but over. JLee had a hoop scoops today saying our staff confidence has taken a massive drop & it doesn't look good. Other insiders that have posted in the thread have basically said the same thing.

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Dual-Threat Rigby ya boy is doubling down!!! lol. IDK who is enjoying the attention more. This dude from twitter or JG and his family........

His entire reputation is on the line with this recruiting process, I guess it’s all house money for him 

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Wasn't Cooper Green the ghetto free clinic?

It was an inpatient facility during my medical school/residency. It was the primary facility for under-/uninsured although we saw plenty of those at the University Hospital as well.

It's ok, the fact we were in on a talent like this to the very end is only a sign of good things to come

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@tigerbrotha12 It's all but over. JLee had a hoop scoops today saying our staff confidence has taken a massive drop & it doesn't look good. Other insiders that have posted in the thread have basically said the same thing.

I will blindly hope until tomorrow. Then I will transition my hope to Kuminga.

FWIW, Hooks says he's hearing two very different stories right now. From the coaches/staff, the official story is he's going pro. But info coming from players and player connections is Jalen is coming to Auburn.

12 minutes ago, boomstick said:

FWIW, Hooks says he's hearing two very different stories right now. From the coaches/staff, the official story is he's going pro. But info coming from players and player connections is Jalen is coming to Auburn.

I agree with the posters who said you can never put any stock in to what the players think. They think we are getting everyone always. The Memphis players thought the same thing.

3 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Wasn't Cooper Green the ghetto free clinic?

It did have a bad reputation years ago. I think Jefferson County bought it out and maybe restored it some. I honestly thought it had been closed down.

Any way my original comment was meant to be taken light heartedly. Just making a pun.

57 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I will blindly hope until tomorrow. Then I will transition my hope to Kuminga.

Hate to burst your bubble even more but even if he does pick Auburn tomorrow auburn sources say it’s only about 10% that he would come to Auburn instead of eventually turning pro without playing at Auburn.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hate to burst your bubble even more but even if he does pick Auburn tomorrow auburn sources say it’s only about 10% that he would come to Auburn instead of eventually turning pro without playing at Auburn.

Well, at least we'd beat Memphis. 😀

Although, if he goes pro, then maybe the school that he picked got the worse deal.

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree with the posters who said you can never put any stock in to what the players think. They think we are getting everyone always. The Memphis players thought the same thing.

In most cases, that's probably correct. But given how involved some players have been in his recruitment, I think they might even know before the coaches know.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Ok,  let me ask this, I don't see the answer elsewhere:  let's say JG commits to Auburn (and may go G League when this Covid thing passes), does that commitment impact Kuminga? 

Would hate to gain the commitment, JG  go play G league and lose Kuminga.  That would feel like a kick in the 'hacky sack'. 

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Ok,  let me ask this, I don't see the answer elsewhere:  let's say JG commits to Auburn (and may go G League when this Chinese Covid thing passes), does that commitment impact Kuminga? 

Would hate to gain the commitment, JG  go play G league and lose Kuminga.  That would feel like a kick in the 'hacky sack'. 

IMO if Jalen commits to us, he's playing for us. I don't think Bruce takes his commitment if there's a chance he leaves. Don't think we can afford to take his commitment and then have him leave a month later. And I don't think it impacts Kuminga. 

29 minutes ago, Beaker said:

does that commitment impact Kuminga? 

No. Room would be made for Kuminga regardless & yes it has been said a few times in various threads.

32 minutes ago, boomstick said:

IMO if Jalen commits to us, he's playing for us. I don't think Bruce takes his commitment if there's a chance he leaves. Don't think we can afford to take his commitment and then have him leave a month later. And I don't think it impacts Kuminga. 

I think that is why Pearl can't afford to take a commitment now from Green, then find out by June he decides to go to the G-League, leaving Pearl without a player.  If Pearl feels he can get a really good GT player, If Green goes pro, then Pearl has filled a need on his team.

Statistically, football players almost ever pick the cheap looking non-flat bill hat. Not sure the numbers in basketball lol.

C10E3AAF-CE6F-461E-B74A-866065CD6802.png

I believe these are the same hats. If so he picked the cheapest one I doubt he plans on keeping 😤 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He’s getting 500K? s***

i wouldn’t play college ball either haha 

This. He can always go to college later in life. I hope he does what’s best for him and his family’s situation. 

51 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that sweatshirt he had was fire as hell. I would love to get it

You got that right! I'd love to rock that!

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that sweatshirt he had was fire as hell. I would love to get it

Let me know if you find it. I didn’t see one exactly like that one anywhere.

Archived