5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

They backed off because of fear something like this would happen

yeah, give BP credit, he gave it all that he had. Just missed out due to $. I just wonder who all well could have had,though

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

Yep, as expected! Good luck to the young man, I think he will do well. I look forward to seeing what he can do at the next level. The coaching staff has probably known this for a couple of days and they will work hard to get a solid player that will contribute to our team! I have full faith and confidence in them.

I wish him no ill will, but don’t have any interest in him anymore. Less of an NBA fan Than I was before— which wasn’t much.

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

Yeah, I just hate that we missed on some other propects due to his little clownshow. It would be awful tempting for me,if were HC, to avod these "look at me" types in the future and focus on talented,lower profile,team oriented type players and develop them over time. 

This class while really damn good is going to make Bruce age a freaking decade losing out at the last second for green and brown and losing Kessler when we thought he was all ours and had nothing to worry about.

I'm sure Bruce is going to tone down going after the one and done guys. And just focus more on the Cooper type of 5 stars. Really freaking good but you don't got to worry about a clown show breaking out.

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Yeah, I just hate that we missed on some other propects due to his little clownshow. It would be awful tempting for me,if were HC, to avod these "look at me" types in the future and focus on talented,lower profile,team oriented type players and develop them over time. 

Who'd we miss on because of Green? 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I give up.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who'd we miss on because of Green? 

Not miss because we never went after him that hard to begin with. Back then it was BJ Boston who we were infatuated with but we should of put a full court press on 5 star Rocky top signee Keon Johnson who is a Auburn legacy. He is a SG as well.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I give up.

Yeah I don’t buy that. It’s an irrelevant question to ask. The kid changed his damn announcement day and time like 15 times. I call cap on that claim.

Pisses me off he said the biggest factor in his decision was the best path to the NBA. He was going no matter what. Just admit you want the money kid. Hell, use the covid crap as a cop out.

”My family has really struggled with this pandemic and I’m doing what best helps support them during these hard times”

BOOM all fan bases would understand and rally behind your decision. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Go back and finish? Really? You have to start something before you can finish. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not miss because we never went after him that hard to begin with. Back then it was BJ Boston who we were infatuated with but we should of put a full court press on 5 star Rocky top signed Keon Johnson who is a Auburn legacy. He is a SG as well.

Gotcha. So, as far as I know, we lost nothing by going after Green. Other than maybe some respect for the kid and/or his camp. 

58 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

Same here. The kid is a marketing genius or is getting some good advice. He has over 50K Twitter followers and I am sure just as many on IG. He is building a brand while AU and UM helped him along the way.

Yep and 41 pages and counting in this one forum,

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was one of the premier “recruit one year guys” on this board, but getting burned like this makes you re-evaluate that 

Same here. It's exciting and sexy and a rush but when you most likely get none of them? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu bro. Il take my Harper, okoro, chuma 4 stars with some 5 stars in the heron and coop variety and call it a day. 

It's only max fun and a good idea when you get a consistent diet of these one and done guys. This is a huge learning lesson for me. I saw the shiny new toy and fell for it.

Good luck to JG. I wish him the best and hope this really is the best decision for him.

As for Auburn basketball,  we will be fine. I'm excited to see who we will fill this spot with.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gotcha. So, as far as I know, we lost nothing by going after Green. Other than maybe some respect for the kid and/or his camp. 

We lost out on other high level prospects if we didn't put literally all our eggs in the green and Boston basket. Bruce would of most likely got a high 4 star knowing his track record. With Greg Brown we have insurance with Thor. That was beautiful. For now we desperately need to get a grad transfer who is a SG that can start right away. It's a huge hole for next season. 

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I wonder how many grad transfers waiting for his decision cost us

We really need that George Mason guy as a quick fix for next season at the 2. I'm sure we will prioritize him now. 

I'm most sad for @tigerbrotha12. Never seen anyone want a single recruit more than he did with JG. Going to pour one out for you tonight brother! 

Archived