• Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It’s 3D chess guys

announce g league

see who has the most toxic fans

pick the other team 

But Alabama isn't a player in this. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m not gonna give my guy the extra view, if these pundits are wrong I’ll just check it out later 

Same here. The kid is a marketing genius or is getting some good advice. He has over 50K Twitter followers and I am sure just as many on IG. He is building a brand while AU and UM helped him along the way.

59 minutes ago, boomstick said:

That's fine. Don't give them a scholarship. But don't eliminate them from eligibility because they made a decision that most times isn't just about them. 

Yep! The higher the caliber of the talent the more likely it is parents or handlers will be the ones actually making the decisions for the kid.

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What have we lost? Who will we not get because of going after Green? Would you have Bruce just concede the best players in the country? Remember, Memphis almost had this kid, too. I understand not wanting to have a team consisting completely of 1-and-dones year in, year out, but I'm not sure that's what Bruce was going for here. 

This guy, along with the other guys we have pursued in this class, would've made us a title contender out of the box. I'm glad we fought for him and the rest. And I LOVE that we're playing a different game at Auburn now. We may be rookies, but we're rookies in the big leagues. I like it. 

I don't know who we have lost or not lost but i know we are in critical need of a 2 guard who can also give us minutes at PG. It is late in signing period and we still do not have this critical role filled. I imagine Bruce will find someone to fill this need and that person will be capable. But i also think the coaching staff wasted a lot of time and energy on Jalen Green. It happens and this is a new world we are in. Not blaming Pearl that we are here but saying that i hope he is taking this to heart that competing with the G-league for top recruits is going to be a losing battle more times then not. 

It the same as recruiting guys who have grades issues. You have to weigh the risk and reward of going after these guys and make the best judgement. Pearl missed on this one and we'll see how much it hurts us. I have no way of knowing who we would have gotten had we not been expecting Green to join

13 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

Same here. The kid is a marketing genius or is getting some good advice. He has over 50K Twitter followers and I am sure just as many on IG. He is building a brand while AU and UM helped him along the way.

He has over 870k IG followers.

34 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

How many of those will be resentful college fans, though?

Whatever. This whole thing was a waste of time. 40 pages for nothing.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I consider it a team-building exercise for anonymous AU fans haha

Yep, as expected! Good luck to the young man, I think he will do well. I look forward to seeing what he can do at the next level. The coaching staff has probably known this for a couple of days and they will work hard to get a solid player that will contribute to our team! I have full faith and confidence in them.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yeah, I just hate that we missed on some other propects due to his little clownshow. It would be awful tempting for me,if were HC, to avod these "look at me" types in the future and focus on talented,lower profile,team oriented type players and develop them over time. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s to be expected but seeing the views on that stream drop by 1K every 5 seconds after he announced was pretty funny. 

Yah like bro no one freaking cares about the g league!!! I've never even seen 1 damn game. No one is going to be watching or caring about your brand for a whole year.

Well K and Cal had it right from the beginning. They backed off because of fear something like this would happen.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

It feels like football recruiting when we lose because someone else is willing to pay 😢 

Yeah, usually only KY can afford this kind of cash. ;)

Archived