If it rains

BJCrawford

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I don’t know, man.

Cajuns+rain+beer=bad news

I admit I've never been there (probably why I don't hate them) so yeah, I suppose it could have a negative effect.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I admit I've never been there (probably why I don't hate them) so yeah, I suppose it could have a negative effect.

Oh I haven’t been there either. But I have been around some crazy folks from south of I-10. They be craaaaazeee.

8 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I don’t know, man.

Cajuns+rain+beer=bad news

In '93, I was sitting right above where the LSU team ran out.  It started raining with LSU ahead.  Pretty much all the LSU fans ran for cover.  By the time it quit and they came back, Auburn was ahead and in control.

May be different now.  War Eagle!

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Running game and defense gets the upper hand in rainy conditions. I like our odds there. I fear It's going to take an act of God for us to have a chance.

Just my opinion, but LSUs running game and defense are both being underrated. Their O-line averages about 330 pounds and they are averaging a very respectful 4.6 yards per carry. And their defense is not great statistically, but Delpit, Fulton, Divinity, Chaisson, and Fehoko are all NFL caliber. They haven’t had to lean on their running game or defense much, but I believe it will be there when its needed. Hope I’m wrong. 

11 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

wrong post.

Q: How do you keep a message board poster in suspense?

A: I'll tell you later. 

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Q: How do you keep a message board poster in suspense?

A: I'll tell you later. 

I spewed coffee.....🤪

I mean it is going to take several things to go our way for us to win anyway. May as well monsoon. Hopefully it lessens the crowd noise and maybe we will get a few fumbles to help us. 

On 10/23/2019 at 10:53 AM, JMassie11 said:

Rain will hurt us (see Uga vs Kentucky) sure we may can run but will make it near impossible to defend their WR in man coverage

I doubt if they could cover Seth or Schwartz in man either....rain usually helps the team that can run the ball better, if Auburn puts up 200 plus on the ground I see a better chance for a victory. Hopefully LSU is feeling themselves a little too much with all the ball washing ESPN has been giving them the past week. Not to mention the look ahead to the showdown with the fighting Updykes. I see no pressure on Auburn go play free, physical and fast...

rain is the great equalizer!  I see this turning into a running game with the rain negating enough of LSU's passing game to make it a nip & tuck kind of game.  Weather (bad) is our friend 80% NWS prediction Saturday with 2-4 inches Friday.  God is on our side with giving us rain. Rain that will be the difference gang. Be positive guys and gals!  Good things are on the way for Auburn in this game!

Hate to see any rain game in baseball or football when I have a vested interest. Referring to delays in baseball which affects the pitching rotation. Have my doubts that it gives anyone an advantage in football.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:51 PM, BJCrawford said:

I understand there is a possibility. Doesn’t look torrential but could just be wet.  Would this benefit one side or the other?

From my observations, bad weather is an equalizer as it usually helps the weaker team. This will be most apparent in the point spread being less than expected. Weather changing who wins is less frequent. I suppose in teams of equal strength bad weather could change the outcome as there are more bad bounces, players slipping down and so forth. That gives chance and luck a bigger hand in the score.

On this the 25th day of October, 100 miles East of Baton Rouge there is a 100% chance of rain and its been steady since last night. There is a tropical storm forming in the Gulf but a cold front should end it quickly.

Last weekend UGA and Kentucky was effected by the rain. it was low scoring and virtually no long passing. I dont know how this effects the slant pass game, but I would think you have to throw the ball more dart like ( less arc) which combined with rain= slippery and giving us some help. Could be a mud brawl. Should dampen the crowd noise a little. Might actually help us if we can move the ball. 

Another facet of rain is the lightning.  If there is lightning the game delays will definitely affect the flow of the game.  If it is a tropical type rain, lightning may not be a factor, a cold front will be another story.

Well if LSU's strength is passing the rain should help us.  It will force them into quick throws in which our DB's will come up and try to jam the receiver.  This should be to our advantage as our run game against their defense should be stronger than their run game against our defense.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Another facet of rain is the lightning.  If there is lightning the game delays will definitely affect the flow of the game.  If it is a tropical type rain, lightning may not be a factor, a cold front will be another story.

This ^^^

Most modern fields can handle lots of rain, drain well and players are OK with it and passing game can go forward as usual....well other than fumbles.   Might help LSU but not necessarily.  

Rain is probably the leveler when it comes to the crowd influence....:dunno:

The only other thing I'll add to this is player mentality during the rain. Some guys just do not perform as well. That could go either way but it's usually offensive guys since the defensive players usually love to get dirty.

1 hour ago, PythagoreanTiger said:

This conversation has quickly become a moot point... The rain is expected to end by mid-morning and it is forecast to be sunny all afternoon with pleasant temperatures in the 60s.

Great, I would rather have no excuses when we end the streak.

Archived