Dream Car--Then and Now! ('72 Catalyzed...)

ToraGirl

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

It occurred to me while telling a story in the football thread that my first car was sold to me by my Dad.  Not sure why I didn't think if it before....

This is just a pic I googled but it's EXACTLY how my first car looked....right down to the tee-tops (remember those? LOL!).

Behold.... The Charcoal Grey 1980 Camaro Z-28 (minus the baseball sized dent in the hood, courtesy of Mr. Jackson).

camaroZ281980charcoal.jpg

DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS

Dad even let me drive it my junior & senior years in HS.  It was SO cool!  Of course, I was overshadowed by the "rich kids" and their IROC Z, Alpha Romeo Spyder, Mustang GT, etc... 

Oh, the reason he let me drive it was Mom's NEW car, which they DID let me drive to prom my senior year...

Yes...my Dad's a big time car guy, LOL!

1986-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss.jpeg

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Dad even let me drive it my junior & senior years in HS.  It was SO cool!  Of course, I was overshadowed by the "rich kids" and their IROC Z, Alpha Romeo Spyder, Mustang GT, etc... 

Oh, the reason he let me drive it was Mom's NEW car, which they DID let me drive to prom my senior year...

Yes...my Dad's a big time car guy, LOL!

1986-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss.jpeg

Sometimes I feel like this car is the ultimate expression of American muscle. It is a box built around a big ass engine and that is *it*. Peak American DGAF. Can't believe you had both of these cars in your family!

Stock photo. My uncle had a long wheel base ‘67 C-10 4x4 with the wooden inlaid bed and camper shell. 3 speed with a granny gear. Factory mounted Warn winch with the control cable mounted in the cab. I can still hear the gears and springs on the under dash emergency brake and smell the coffee and Pall Mall cigarette smoke as the wa-wa-wa-wa sound of bias ply mud tires on pavement drown out any conversation headed to the woods of Claiborne Co., MS.

EC49383F-0180-4BD6-B984-A9473D0FA099.jpeg

On 11/18/2019 at 8:52 PM, AUsince72 said:

It occurred to me while telling a story in the football thread that my first car was sold to me by my Dad.  Not sure why I didn't think if it before....

This is just a pic I googled but it's EXACTLY how my first car looked....right down to the tee-tops (remember those? LOL!).

Behold.... The Charcoal Grey 1980 Camaro Z-28 (minus the baseball sized dent in the hood, courtesy of Mr. Jackson).

camaroZ281980charcoal.jpg

AD37EC81-FF63-4626-9037-91201427C900.gif

Archived