Bob Stoops to FSU?

Zeek

Why do some of you think Stoops would take FSU when a lot of y'all said he'd never take the Auburn job and there was no way we could get him. FSU is in horrible shape. Who would want to coach there.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Why do some of you think Stoops would take FSU when a lot of y'all said he'd never take the Auburn job and there was no way we could get him. FSU is in horrible shape. Who would want to coach there.

From my gathering, it is that Stoops has little interest in coaching at the collegiate level again, however he's open to entertaining a ludicrous offer.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Still considered a top 10 job by many in regards to money, facilities, recruiting etc. After Jimbo and Taggart expectations are tempered. Like the Big 12  when he was there Stoops would basically just have to get through one team which is Clemson (the huge difference between Auburn and FSU).

OU alum we do stuff with doesn't think Stoops will ever coach college again, not out of the realm, but doesn't see it happening. He played for him.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, JBiGGiE said:

I wonder... Do you think Bob decided to "retire" because Oklahoma wouldn't pony up Saban/Swinney type money? I would imagine if that's what he wanted he probably could've gotten it.

I would speculate that perhaps he really doesn't want to get back into coaching and is countering these suitor schools with a ridiculous demand... But obviously by making a counter offer he's not against letting a desperate school make him filthy rich. Just my two cents...

Saw an interview with Stoops, he does have cardiovascular disease he was diagnosed with that is under control. His father died from it at 54.

Looking like a strong possibility of Norvell being named FSU coach on Sunday.

I also heard around the Thanksgiving table last week from the former secretary of Bowden and Fisher that Stoops was offered 5 years at over $35 mil.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Looking like a strong possibility of Norvell being named FSU coach on Sunday.

I also heard around the Thanksgiving table last week from the former secretary of Bowden and Fisher that Stoops was offered 5 years at over $35 mil.

With Norvell and Kiffin seemingly off the table for Arkansas, I’m wondering if they try to take another run at Gus. 

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

With Norvell and Kiffin seemingly off the table for Arkansas, I’m wondering if they try to take another run at Gus. 

Bring it on.

Archived