Interesting Comments from our AD

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I'd say he parsed his words carefully.  "I love our coaching staff" is not the same as "Gus will be our coach next year."

26 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Mr. Green is good spokesman. Iron Bowl is huge for the Auburn future this year. JMO but I see no way you consider ousting a 9-3 coach.

It’s unusual, but I’m pretty sure UGA won 9 or 10 the year they fired Richt. 

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s unusual, but I’m pretty sure UGA won 9 or 10 the year they fired Richt. 

Correct. UGA went 9-3 and beat Auburn then Richt was dismissed. Thankfully we won’t follow that example because UGA immediately turned into a Frankenstein of UT and Nebraska after they made that move

I don't care if GM loses to uat and finishes 8-4. He is not going anywhere this year. An interim president is not going to sign off on him being fired and paying out that kind of money. He is getting another year and once a new president is in place the clock will start ticking. At that point it is win or be gone. 

You can read into that statement a number of different ways. I really like our AD and I believe he will wait until the season is over to make an evaluation and give his suggestion/intentions going forward. As to if it matters to the powers that be is a whole other discussion.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Not a Malzahn fan but I hope it turns out better for him than Fredo

"the kiss of death" lol

3 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

You can't dump on a guy while the season is ongoing and the biggest game is looming. That said, I think we'll have Gus next year because nobody wants to stick their neck out there and pay $26 million to get rid of a guy that half the fanbase can still tolerate. And also because I'm used to being disappointed. 

your first line says it all.

Allen Greene is not going to put the athletic department in a 26 million dollar hole to fire a coach who's never had a losing season.  No matter what you hear, there are no donors willing to pony up that kind of money to fire him.  He's going to be the coach for a couple of more seasons at least.  

11 minutes ago, im4aual said:

Allen Greene is not going to put the athletic department in a 26 million dollar hole to fire a coach who's never had a losing season.  No matter what you hear, there are no donors willing to pony up that kind of money to fire him.  He's going to be the coach for a couple of more seasons at least.  

I have to agree with your comment. That said...I wish CGM would just look at his contract this weekend as he prepares the team for Bama. Coach..I genuinely wish you would just open things up with no fear of losing and go for the gold ring. You get paid win or lose, so just "free up" the kids like happened at the 4th quarter last week and  let them have some fun. Just my wishes.

40 minutes ago, im4aual said:

I don't disagree but Gus barely hung on last year when the buyout was even bigger. I think it was WDE that said Jimmy Rane would cut the check for $13 million if it came down to it. That seems like the sticking point is the $13 million owed within 30 days. The rest is paid out over the life of the contract. 

They attend allot of the same things together. Some church functions, some Bible study functions, some family functions etc. they get along well. The spouses and families get along well etc. etc. etc.

Just my opinion, it is up to the purse string holders, not Greene.

What Greene said: "I love our coaching staff."

What Greene might have wanted to say: 

giphy (2).gif

3 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

I don't care if GM loses to uat and finishes 8-4. He is not going anywhere this year. An interim president is not going to sign off on him being fired and paying out that kind of money. He is getting another year and once a new president is in place the clock will start ticking. At that point it is win or be gone. 

I think this is the likely scenario that plays out. Gus has already secured his job for another year regardless of whether he beats Bama or not. Interim president/tough schedule/close losses to teams in top 10 buys him another year. Only way that narrative does not play out is if he somehow blows the Samford game this weekend (which will not happen). Once again the stars align and Gus does just enough to hang on.

Having said that, next season is it. Put up or shut up. Likely will have a new president and he will probably let AG make the call to keep from getting his hands dirty. Buyout will be smaller and more tolerable and the current pro-Gus crowd will be smaller after another similar season.

Will have to hold on one more season folks.

5 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

An interim president is not going to sign off on him being fired and paying out that kind of money.

Might be why Gouge is gonna be named permanent soon

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Might be why Gouge is gonna be named permanent soon

Is that for real or are you memeing?

7 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

I think he's playing caution. Greene is tight spot being a relatively "new" AD at Auburn. Potentially his first major decision is to replace a coach with a huge buyout and decide the best course of action next. Yeah, I'm glad that's not my decision with everyone's eyes on me. Thanks..."you know who ex-prez"....

On the flip side, too much caution is to the detriment of a leader. Hesitate too much and you find yourself with irreparable damage.

I have my opinions of course, but my salary doesn't equate to those making these decisions 😂 

Maybe so, but in the end Allen Greene does not have the final say over the Board and AU’s top monetary supporters. At this point, I see us going maybe 9 and 4 with a potential bowl win and I just do not think G is going anywhere until after next season, unless Arky makes a huge push, which is and will always be numerous steps down from the HC position at AU. 

On the bright side, I'll save lots of money on travel expenses, etc. next season.  I just can't do it anymore. I'm at the end of my rope with Gus ball. I was trying to think of a way to describe my feelings on AU football since Gus has ruined it for me. Going to watch Gus coach is like buying a tuxedo for a dining experience at McDonald's.

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

On the bright side, I'll save lots of money on travel expenses, etc. next season.  I just can't do it anymore. I'm at the end of my rope with Gus ball. I was trying to think of a way to describe my feelings on AU football since Gus has ruined it for me. Going to watch Gus coach is like buying a tuxedo for a dining experience at McDonald's.

I know what you mean.  I'm working tomorrow and I'm not even recording the game. First time I have intentionally done that. Your description is spot on. 

Archived