2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

This has looked like it was going to be a really good class for a while, with the exception of the D-Line as we started really slow with only 1 guy for a long time but as many have said don't count out Garner he always comes through in the end and it appears he has done it again. Across the board we have had a strong class. Home Run on LB and WR Including TE, possible Home Run at DB with addition of Reed, if we are able to pull in Jackson a Home Run on d-line if we don't still a really great class, The RB we really wanted a HR, one of our best O-Line classes in a while and if we pull Broderick a Home Run. I think we will find out we signed a really solid backup QB who can develop behind Nix.  

This is a great class without Jackson and Broderick it will become an elite class if we sign both. I am stoked.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well ladies & gentlemen I'm tired. I'll update the OPs in the ESD & 2020 Recruiting Threads later tonight or tomorrow. Night y'all!

Thank you so much for what you do. It is very much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well ladies & gentlemen I'm tired. I'll update the OPs in the ESD & 2020 Recruiting Threads later tonight or tomorrow. Night y'all!

Thank you E another great job.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Great job today, much appreciated.

giphy.gif

Well life is not going to get easier in the SEC.

Six  of the top 8 teams nationally today are from the Southeast conference.

As expected, the rich got richer.

55 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Also, earlier in the thread there was a mention of Pegues being north of 300 pounds. 300 pounds that can move is nice. Even better if he likes to hit people.

Not 300 but close.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well life is not going to get easier in the SEC.

Six  of the top 8 teams nationally today are from the Southeast conference.

As expected, the rich got richer.

Our last two classes were just outside the top 10 so this is a big step for Gus and AU. 2021 could be even better depending on for next season goes 

UGA signed only three players from the state of Georgia today.  By contrast Auburn signed nine.  And we took 5 of the top 15 from the state of GA.  They got two committed (one signed today).  And the one that waited might be flipping to us in February. 

Now I'm sure UGA fans will argue that they want the best players nationwide, but you have to get the best players from home consistently.  In a talent-rich state like Georgia, you lock that down first then supplement with the best of the rest.  

It also might tell you a little something about the UGA coaching staff.  HS coaches know what's up.  They see and interact with the in-state coaching staffs more than anyone.  Yet the state of GA got raided by Clemson, Auburn, and others today for their best players.  Has Kirbs and Co. rubbed too many HS coaches the wrong way and worn out their welcome?

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

What has Kirby been doing that's rubbed the local coaches the wrong way? Honest question

Don't know.  Maybe just general arrogance in how they interact.  Maybe it's the way they treat their kids - slow playing them, yanking offers, whatever.  I'm just spitballing.  But the state of Georgia was not devoid of talent this year.  According to 24/7, they had 37 kids rated 4-star or higher (by contrast, Alabama had just 16.)  So the argument that it was a down year talent wise in the state wouldn't fly.  So why would they do so terrible? 

41 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Theres been an unbelievable emphasis by AU to upgrade the secondary the past few recruiting cycles. Cant wait to see these guys on the field.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Don't know.  Maybe just general arrogance in how they interact.  Maybe it's the way they treat their kids - slow playing them, yanking offers, whatever.  I'm just spitballing.  But the state of Georgia was not devoid of talent this year.  According to 24/7, they had 37 kids rated 4-star or higher (by contrast, Alabama had just 16.)  So the argument that it was a down year talent wise in the state wouldn't fly.  So why would they do so terrible? 

I think its the way he treats the coaches. Wants access, them to curtail other teams access. Just generally grinds on them. Those are things ive heard/read in the past. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think they finally realize Kirby has an outdated style of play that’s not going to win championships. Even Saban knew he had to adapt offensively to win, but Smart is still hanging on to the old way of good defense and conservative offense.

All those DB's are 190# plus 3 of them are over 6'. We are beginning to get those bigger ones we have tried to get for our defense.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Thanks E.  You da man!!!

Archived