2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If everything breaks right this could be 6. UGA’s Numbers will come up and they should be able to permanently stay ahead of us, I would think

Very likely, but things aren't going exactly like UGA wants them to. They just lost a 5* DL kid from SC. He choose South Carolina over UGA, Clemson and other really good programs. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Very likely, but things are going exactly like UGA wants them to. They just lost a 5* DL kid from SC. He choose South Carolina over UGA, Clemson and other really good programs. 

Wait, what?

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If everything breaks right this could be 6. UGA’s Numbers will come up and they should be able to permanently stay ahead of us, I would think

UGA may not stay ahead of us now. We are going to have to pull Jones away from them though to have a chance..

21 minutes ago, logan adams said:

I never really saw Prosch, Cox, or Shanker as much of tight ends. When he mentioned wildcat, that kind of scared me. 

Shenker is more TE. Prosch was 100% FB. Cox was a true H. Uzomah was more TE. Lutz was all TE. Jay Jay Wilson was a slot receiver. Just depends on the dude. Or at least it has. Like @GwillMac6 said, maybe things change with Morris and we suddenly figure out how to actually use a TE. Or maybe Chad and Gus figure out a Charles Clay situation. 

Point being, like @ellitor said, no point in trying to make that distinction now.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Your forgetting MicKinnley Jackson. Ideal would be your 1st 4 bullets & MJ be # 25. If we then still have 2 spots as I & Mikey believe then they would ideally be for a Grad Transfer QB & a Grad Transfer OT (unless one of our OTs has a big Spring at LT.)

I would take this all day long, and call it an amazing success. 

36 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I am stoked we signed Romello Height but if we look at the big picture of his recruitment... we wouldn't like it AT ALL if we were Miami fans. 

Heights recruitment reminds me a lot of Pickens recruitment. Height was committed to Miami for months. He had all Miami images on his social media. Last week he stated he was shutting down his recruitment, and as of last night was telling Miami fans to chill that he was locked in with Miami. 

Signs with Auburn today. 

Again I'm absolutely stoked he signed with us, but I know how Miami fans feel when one gets trolled by epic proportions such as Height did to them. Heights recruitment is also reminiscent of the games played by Javon, except this time it wasnt happening to us.

This is a prime example of everything that is wrong with recruiting. 

Yep.. helps to see things from the other side sometimes....but does seem that we get flipped more often than we do the flipping.  

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 ESD Discussion Thread: On The Clock (Eric Reed 3 PM)

JLee says Height silently flipped to AU back at the UGA game which he visited but both JLee & Keith did not report.

I don't like how Height handled the recruitment either.  Obviously I'm glad to be on the beneficial end of it rather than the screwed end if it's going to happen.  But I prefer these kids be more upfront about what they plan on doing.  Certainly don't make it worse by doubling down on how committed you are.   

Was looking at the ESPN 300 and was surprised to see a good number of guys who have committed to the big boys but not yet signed. Bama, Georgia and Oklahoma still have some hope they're higher-rated players that have not signed. Wonder if there will be some flipping?

44 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha that was that clown war  blogle. The leader of the sunshine pumper brigade.

yeah it was definitely WarBoggle that blabbed the Watson deal.....

9 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

yeah it was definitely WarBoggle that blabbed the Watson deal.....

True but JLee has blown others like Greg Bryant from back in the day.

Just now, ellitor said:

True but JLee has blown others like Greg Bryany from back in the day.

I'll take your word for it. I only remembered the Watson ordeal. JLee has been mentioning this latest one a lot lately that he gave the kid his word to keep a tight lip, and he did.

In general: It's gotta be a tough deal as a recruiting beat writer trying to snag deets and beat the competitors to the punch. 

8 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I'll take your word for it. I only remembered the Watson ordeal. JLee has been mentioning this latest one a lot lately that he gave the kid his word to keep a tight lip, and he did.

In general: It's gotta be a tough deal as a recruiting beat writer trying to snag deets and beat the competitors to the punch. 

I’m thankful he flipped to Auburn but also, what’s the point of this? Besides making Miami fans mad. I’ll never get mad at a recruit from choosing another school over AU but it seems kinda pointless lead another school on and then flip last minute imo 

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m thankful he flipped to Auburn but also, what’s the point of this? Besides making Miami fans mad. I’ll never get mad at a recruit from choosing another school over AU but it seems kinda pointless lead another school on and then flip last minute imo 

And to do it for over a month. I can somewhat get it if he was from So. Fla & wanted to do it to alleviate some pressure. He's from Georgia though so there shouldn't have been much pressure surrounding him.

Archived