2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

If we get the 5 star OL could he start next year?

@sevenlee36 TBD

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

He looks good enough but I doubt he’ll start at LT he’s have to be RT. Which mean Bro Hamm would be LT

By all accounts Bro-Hamm ain't moving. If we land Jones it will be a 2 man race between him (or a Grad Transfer should we miss on Jones) & Trox at LT at minimum & maybe 3 depending How Zierer does in Fall camp if he is healthy as expected by then.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

My hope is that Grimes throws out seniority and plays the best 5. 

Not sure Gus will give him that option unless it's a good ways into the season a la Kim & Brahms after the LSU C debackle.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How is this relevant?

We compete for Georgia talent generally Georgia Tech isn’t great at recruiting but if Georgia schools can lock down Georgia players it can impact Auburn I suppose 

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

We compete for Georgia talent generally Georgia Tech isn’t great at recruiting but if Georgia schools can lock down Georgia players it can impact Auburn I suppose 

My apologies. I thought you were being a smart ass. I deleted my post.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 ESD Discussion Thread
15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Good to see you’re making your yearly visit to the recruiting forum 

Oh, my bad. Next time, I’ll check with you first.

Meanwhile, our SEC network has Auburn number five in the country, in recruiting!

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My apologies. I thought you were being a smart ass. I deleted my post.

I heard on the radio they had a good class I think their HC is going to do good recruiting he just is in a situation where he is changing a triple option offense to a traditional offense which will take time so he will lose games for awhile but he’s probably going to be a better coach then most think at this point.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't claim to be but for the most part as this pertains to college & high school football recruiting I know a hell of a lot of stuff about this. More than most recruiting reporters who get paid to cover recruiting TBH. Yet when I reply to you & give you evidence for my reasoning on things you still question my knowledge on things. I appreciate you have experiences in the business world. However in many cases that doesn't apply to the recruiting world often times.

Most people don’t understand how recruiting works.  Sometimes something can be objectively true one day and completely false the next day.  A lot of it depends on a teenagers emotions.  If a kid changes his mind, it’s not @ellitor’s fault.  You’re just reporting info.  And doing a dang good job of it, free of charge.   We are very grateful!!!

Why was this deleted? This is the recruiting thread and this is our head coach at his press conference, for our 2020 recruiting class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/2674312001

As I mentioned before, love the way Gus continually talks about the athletes GPA’s and the strong families they come from. Gus discusses how these are good quality kids coming in!

13 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I mean, maybe we should just start using it interchangeably? 😅

Throw in "at" Auburn for more confusion.

Or go for the ultimate "fake college" sounding name... The University of Auburn University at Auburn

Got the perfect athletes for it!  How many could we flip?

Late to the ESD Party...thank you all for your hard work and a 2ndGradeChristmasPartyEve humor injection!  :jossun::yay:

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Got the perfect athletes for it!  How many could we flip?

Ah man, I forget how underrated Quackadilly Blip was. Solid route runner just overshadowed by time...

38 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Why was this deleted? This is the recruiting thread and this is our head coach at his press conference, for our 2020 recruiting class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/2674312001

As I mentioned before, love the way Gus continually talks about the athletes GPA’s and the strong families they come from. Gus discusses how these are good quality kids coming in!

@AU-24 It wasn't deleted. It was merged into this thread just as your 2nd posting of it. There is no need for a separate thread for the presser given nobody was commenting in the separate presser threads. I will include the presser in the OP tonight or tomorrow. Here is your other post on it in this thread FWIW...

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@AU-24 It wasn't deleted. It was merged into this thread just as your 2nd posting of it. There is no need for a separate thread for the presser given nobody was commenting in the separate presser threads. I will include the presser in the OP tonight or tomorrow. Here is your other post on it in this thread FWIW...

First of all, you said you were tired and going to get some rest. So why are you back on here? You’re back on here, because you have no other life!

The head coach, of the number five recruiting class in the country, gives a press conference on national signing day, and it doesn’t deserve its own thread?

The hatred some of you have for a head coach, that is about to have a 10 win season, with a teenage freshman quarterback, playing one of the toughest schedules in the country, is sad and pathetic!

12 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

First of all, you said you were tired and going to get some rest. So why are you back on here? You’re back on here, because you have no other life!

Yes & I said I may be back on tonight which I am after taking a nap.

The head coach, of the number five recruiting class in the country, gives a press conference on national signing day, and it doesn’t deserve its own thread?

The hatred some of you have for a head coach, that is about to have a 10 win season, with a teenage freshman quarterback, playing one of the toughest schedules in the country, is sad and pathetic!

@AU-24 There is not hatred involved with Gus on where the presser posts where placed. They were moved to this thread because this thread is everything NSD related and the presser is obviously NSD related.

Lastly, check my profile out. I'm a mod now which means I will not stand for your being disrespectful to me or the position anymore, especially from someone who is always getting himself in trouble around here. I don't have Titan's amazing patience so if you disrespect me or the Mod-ship again you will be given a time out. Now grow up & start treating people with respect.

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

How sad do you have to be to take personal shots at people you don’t know on a message board. E wasn’t even rude to you but you chose to get personal, like an incompetent child. @ellitor doesn’t deserve that. Grow up. 

No one in this thread has hated in Gus Malzahn. Even the ones who dislike him have given credit to him for putting together a stellar class. 

Again, grow up. Stop grasping at straws to start drama.   

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

who you trying to fool!?!?!! Just the other day you were arguing with the E man about this trying to argue the opposite!!

Link, please.

Speaking strictly on the Clayton-Mikey conversation it metaphorically feels like a wrestling fight that stated in the locker rom but spilled out into the ring.

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It’s not that big of a deal bro lol 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Speaking strictly on the Clayton-Mikey conversation it metaphorically feels like a wrestling fight that stated in the locker rom but spilled out into the ring.

giphy.gif

Just waiting on an explanation on how our long snapper, Bill Taylor, is an offensive lineman... conveniently my question never got answered though. 

13 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just waiting on an explanation on how our long snapper, Bill Taylor, is an offensive lineman... conveniently my question never got answered though. 

I didn't think anyone over the age of three would need an explanation, but since you do: Turn on the TV and watch a football game. Wait for a punt play. See the center, the one in the middle of the offensive line? He's the deep snapper. He plays on the offensive line. That makes him an offensive lineman. Now, go find a game or tape to watch and all should be revealed to you.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I didn't think anyone over the age of three would need an explanation, but since you do: Turn on the TV and watch a football game. Wait for a punt play. See the center, the one in the middle of the offensive line? He's the deep snapper. He plays on the offensive line. That makes him an offensive lineman. Now, go find a game or tape to watch and all should be revealed to you.

Does putting a cornerback on the end of a field goal block unit make him a defensive end? 

Archived