Bowl game thread

bigbird

I know he has to run these passes because he doesn't have anything else, but we haven't been able to pass block on the edges even when the defense doesn't know what's coming

They obviously know we aren't going down field, and everyone knows we aren't going over the middle. What is wrong with this dude?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus can't coach a bowl game. Purdue was a flash in the pan. 

It's eye-opening, head-scratching, and heartbreaking  to see AU continually meet its match OUTSIDE the SEC as well. 

The announcer said “this drive is critical for Auburn” with 6 mins left in the second quarter, our defense being what it is, and we are down by 7. That basically answers all I need to know about him.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

What the heck happened to Bo . They need to take him to the tent and get his head out of his rear. Same thing for Tutt and Gus. 

He’s literally running every play as he should. They’re just **** tarded plays. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Its still early though guys. All is not lost

You are correct, we just need a decent play caller.

hopefully we make a change to Morris at half time 

Is Bo’s arm hurt. He hasn’t attempted a pass over 5 yards yet. This is beyond ridiculous. This ought to get Gus fired. Fletcher is making Gus and Kevin look like high schoolers. 

They're out classing us in every way right now. If we can escape the half down 7, I count us lucky.

2 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Interception, kick return for a touchdown. Do wish they’d stop praising the Minnesota online when they’ve clearly held most of the game too

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Kick returns?!

I should've said recently. The momentum has been all Minnesota since the KO return while they've been getting chunks of yards through the air or ground while we just sputter on O. We haven't looked good in a while and they're not going to keep bringing that stuff up because the game has moved to its next chapter

Just now, auburnphan said:

You are correct, we just need a decent play caller.

hopefully we make a change to Morris at half time 

Sorry dude...that is Gus's expertise...he staked his reputation on it this year. 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He’s literally running every play as he should. They’re just **** tarded plays. 

No. The play calling has been fine. Nothing is working because our guys aren’t executing.

*Laugh all you want. The last third down had Hastings wide open, and Bo missed him.Blocking on the perimeter and inside has been terrible.  Nothing wrong with the game plan. Just have to execute it better.

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Yes he did . Sucked the air out of Tampa 

Totally agree. That change has the D on field majority of 1/2 half, and O is ice cold!

2 minutes ago, rophle said:

Anybody know why Boobie isn’t playing much? 

Got to get Kam Martin your my boy blue carries in critical drives.... Buddy ball shouldn't be happening till the game is in hand.

Seriously, what did we practice? It’s like their defense is in our huddle. They are jumping our plays. Did we practice for Minnesota or for our opening game next year? On the same line of thought, our D substation pattern seems odd.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

The announcer said “this drive is critical for Auburn” with 6 mins left in the second quarter, our defense being what it is, and we are down by 7. That basically answers all I need to know about him.

He is right. a 3 and out almost guarantees thatbthey score again with the time ofnpossission and lack of rest our D has. Making this a 2 score game at half will do a lot for Flecks team to believe they can win. 

Archived