Bowl game thread

bigbird

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If anyone wants to know why people are always coming for Gus throat this first half is why.

Gus can never sustain positive and forward momentum. We had a huge win in the iron bowl then come out and fall flat on our face in the first half with a team vastly inferior to us. We have a shot at 10 wins and a chance to carry a ton of excitement in to next season but this happens...

This is almost exactly like the UGA game in 2014...or 2017. Beat their ass in the first few minutes, fumble the ball once, spiral out of control. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought his Toe was in the orange but it does not matter. If we lose this game it is because they are better coached on both sides of the ball and they are matching us physically. Their RB runs hard

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Gus is not calling a great game but the real issue is Minn. is just flat out beating our D. They have watched film and turned our strength's into weakness. They double team Brown and then use Davidson's natural aggressiveness against him. The other issue is our LB's are not playing well as they should be filling the hole where RB is running. Since Brown is getting double teamed and sometimes triple teamed they should be in a position to make the plays.

The offense hasn’t done squat either. They brought Shaun in one play and he got four yards  then they took him back out. Gus is just plain dumb. No way to sugar coat it. The only play that has worked was a busted play. That tells you how smart Gus is. 

Just now, johnnyAU said:

I wonder if Steele tells Gus at halftime that he might try throwing to a RB or an HB out of the backfield occasionally.

Steele has his hands full with his own side of the ball right now....

2 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Minnesota is playing as good as they can and AU as bad as they can and only down by 7 with awful officiating. I think we turn it around in the second half. Look for Whitlow to make some plays to jumpstart this offense. 

Don’t blame the officials . AU has to own that they are stinking . Officials got nothing to do with it . 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Tutt doesn’t fumble, we may be looking at another Purdue type beatdown

I thought Minnesota was big 10, overrated garbage that was in for an SEC style beatdown?

The OL has had their butts handed to them too...also, if Schwartz is the fasting player in the country, you'd think at least once you would send him deep and throw it up to him...we haven't done it once all year...

It is pretty simple. They are controlling both sides of the line. 

Our OL looks terrible. They can’t run block. They can’t pass block. Nix is having to make plays with his feet just to be able to pass the ball because the line is embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’d bet the house on it. After that everything including the calls went minn way. We’d go up 14, and they wouldn’t have a chance 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This. Everything was going well and that changed the momentum. Defense went back out, got tired, gave up a TD, etc.

But even without it, we still wouldn’t be able to run the ball. Once again, the clear lack of an offensive line worth a damn is killing this offense. That’s still on Gus for failing at building that line.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No way we beat this team like that. Minnesota has talent, and we have Gus coaching offense. 

Gus is just doing what he is the master of: gains favor with the Auburn faithful by pulling off a huge Iron Bowl victory only to take a big dump on it by what he’s doing today. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Fleck is completely outcoaching Steele. Screens. Draw for 20 yards on 2nd and 16. He is really taking advantage of our personnel packages. Throw on heavier defenses, run with nickel or dime linebacker sets.

We better go three linebackers, stop the run, and depend on our DBs to lock down their WRs. 

4 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Minnesota is playing as good as they can and AU as bad as they can and only down by 7 with awful officiating. I think we turn it around in the second half. Look for Whitlow to make some plays to jumpstart this offense. 

Hopefully he can hang on to the ball though. We need a Tank! 

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Every TIME Joiner comes into the game he's getting the ball. EVERY TIME. The D's know this. 

So infuriating.

And he only runs two plays

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

I thought Minnesota was big 10, overrated garbage that was in for an SEC style beatdown?

Nope.  That was just the usual homerist screeching.  

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I love your optimism. What game from the season give you such hope?

Every football game I’ve watched has had two halves and AU hasn’t given up in a game yet this year. As good as Minnesota has played they needed help from the refs to score. 

Archived