Bowl game thread

bigbird

2 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

This game is a prime example of how a team of lesser talent is beating a team with more highly-rated recruits with excellent coaching, development, and scheming. Minnesota looks as if they've just started with their program's direction while we're still baffled by this. In Year 7.

Each year is year 1 with Gus. We have no direction as a program and each year we have to figure out our identity. That's poor coaching.  By year 7 you should have the direction and identity set and be recruiting and scheming towards it. No way should you have to wait till game 4 of 5 to find out who you are.

We know who we are with Gus.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

This game is a prime example of how a team of lesser talent is beating a team with more highly-rated recruits with excellent coaching, development, and scheming. Minnesota looks as if they've just started with their program's direction while we're still baffled by this. In Year 7.

What was it Churchill said about Gus?  Oh, yeah "Never has one, done so little, with so much"

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus has just taken the life out of this for me. I don't hate him, I just can't stomach him for another year. 

two years.

Just now, AUwent said:

There is no way we were going to fire him this season.

What would be the point?  Our 'go to' plan was to replace him with Kevin Steele.   LOL.  

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well he recruited all of these players. He needs to scheme around his deficiencies then. Did you not hear what the announcer just said about Minnesota leading WR? He couldn't get off the line so they moved him to the slot? Pretty simple adjustment.

How do you adjust ton2 seconds t know throw the ball?

The worst part about this game is EVEN if we come back and win, this does not inspire confidence or increase faith in Gus in Year 8. I'll take a win, of course, but the ramifications of this will still feel as if we've lost.

Just now, bigbird said:

Each year is year 1 with Gus. We have no direction as a program and each year we have to figure out our identity. That's poor coaching.  By year 7 you should have the direction and identity set and be recruiting and scheming towards it. No way should you have to wait till game 4 of 5 to find out who you are.

We know who we are with Gus.

Basically. He's clueless every year.

Just now, japantiger said:

What was it Churchill said about Gus?  Oh, yeah "Never has one, done so little, with so much"

Any Churchill quote has my like.   God bless that man.

That catch probably just sealed it. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That’s your opinion. Nothing he has shown me shows any willingness to put himself in danger for the team. 

No, it was an objectively stupid comment. 

I can think of several. Oregon, 4th and 3 he takes the zone read for the first down, the play before the pass that won it. To begin with.

If you folks can’t understand that it’s the coaches responsibility to install a winning attitude in his team. Gus doesn’t. 90 % of that team doesn’t give a crap whether they win or not. Look at Minnesota that is a team threat wants to win. They are playing against much higher talent . Minnesota probably never cracked a top 25 ranked recruit class since 1980. 

Major holding and no call.....guess that's  the game...

Just now, AURealist said:

Gophers are going to score again.  We suuuuuuuck.   

But we were ready to play...

dang.... that was a good 4th down call.... hats off to that catch...

Archived