Siposs

AUFriction

22 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Been preaching that from the beginning. Gus’s ability to underutilize potential spreads to the punter as well. 

Amen!. We could have used the Rugby style kick about 20-30% of the time....would have set up a nice fake option.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, alexava said:

Is he nfl material?

I would say he is sorta like Ray Guy. Could also be used as an "emergency" QB. Impressive arm on the fake punt attempts.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Blasphemy, be careful, be very careful.

I didn’t even see this before my latest one. Glad to know we were thinking alike on this one 😂

Bill Taylor is a mans name . I bet he hunts , fishes , and can run a trot line . I bet he is the guy to call when anything breaks 

I’m guessing we can bring a juco guy in. I mean, I’m all about Siposs and would absolutely love to have him back next year, but the dude averaged a tick under 44 yds and ranked 6th in the league. That’s fine and all but it’s not like we can’t find that kind of production elsewhere. I’d imagine he loved being at AU but my man is a loooooong way from home and time to move on in his career wherever it takes him. 

Nothing wrong with this IMHO but Syposs and Stidham were always clearly one & done guys at Auburn: out of here to try the NFL as soon as possible.     

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Amen!. We could have used the Rugby style kick about 20-30% of the time....would have set up a nice fake option.

That faked punt vs Minnesota when we were down by 7 might have worked had Schenker not been held (or had the hold at least been called).

15 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am very upset....I wanted to see at least one good fake with the Aussie trucking through multiple defenders on his way to a TD. Wish you well in your future endeavors, mate

I stopped reading this thread right here! Bingo!

Hearing that Siposs left Auburn early for the NFL came as a HUGE shock. But hey, I wish him the very best. I hope to him playing on Sundays.

The only reason he came to America was to get a shot at the NFL. Let's hope he is successful. He already stayed at AU one year longer than I expected him to stay.

Hopefully Gus has to build a rapport with someone new and he won't feel confident in stupid punt fakes

17 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Has there been a Heisman winning QB/punter? 

Closest I can remember seeing play was Billy Lothridge at Georgia Tech. I was a kid then, and wanted to attend GT because I thought he was so amazing. He was QB and punter, and finished 2nd in the Heisman voting to Roger Staubach. He went on to play both as punter (and sometimes QB) in the NFL for Dallas, L.A., Atlanta, and Miami.

I am really disappointing we did not get to see Siposs truck someone or take the ball and run.  I was hoping we got a glimpse of that rugby-style toughness!

i thought siposs was a stud muffin and basically had his pick of the ladies on campus? why would he leave early for that reason alone? unless he is engaged or married.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:29 PM, Maverick.AU said:

In all seriousness, wishing Siposs much success. Having a true Aussie punter was fun. Lol

Hopefully we can pull another Aussie out of the fire...

49 minutes ago, Auskip said:

Hopefully we can pull another Aussie out of the fire...

Sometimes things just aren't as funny when they come out as what they were in your head. Lots of devistation going on there. We can all do better.

Archived