Men vs Missouri Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, look. Every opponent we play is juiced up. Ready to go. We're getting everyone's best shot. That's the life of being the hunted. First half, we didn't play that badly. Hopefully 2nd half some of that juice fades and with it, doubt starts to creep in. Their guards are shooting the lights out. The real killer, is we continue to get no scoring out of JJ, Cambridge, and Flanigan. None of them attack with the dribble. It's too deep into the season for this to continue. Mizzou is playing tight man to man to challenge the outside shooters. Relying solely on Doughty and McCormick driving. Wiley has had a nice game. But that's it.

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Got to stay smart and not do stuff like that. Really wish we had an sec caliber pg

J'von can hit big shots as we saw against LSU,  but he also leaves a lot to be desired in terms of other things a PG should be able to do.

In terms of Alabama. I hope they know I’m extending the biggest middle finger ever extended. Flan has not stepped up, terrible shooting

wow that wasn’t a foul? Lololol. Wiley makes it Anyway 47-36 Mizzou

Doughty doing a nice job finding Wiley in tight quarters. Quite a few times today. Better than I've seen.

4 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

The real killer, is we continue to get no scoring out of JJ, Cambridge, and Flanigan. None of them attack with the dribble.

The thing is, they don't have to. You can get away with having 3-4 guys work around the rim. That's how it was last year basically. You just can't have those guys do nothing from outside. Johnson is a guard who isn't good going to the rim, and hasn't been a good shooter all season. And he isn't good on defense. I know shooting is SUPPOSED to be his niche, but he's gotta find something to compensate for that. He's literally only getting minutes because the other guard option isn't even feasibly viable 

Yep. Not doing much other than eating up minutes. Giving Doughty and McCormick a blow. JJ that is...

Archived