Men @ Kentucky Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can play with these guys away from home. That's my main takeaway from this game. I like how this is turning into a little rivalry. I hope we see them in the SEC tourney

Just now, slyinsocal said:

Bad, bad, bad game by McCormick.

He was our leading scorer but he made some BAD decisions late. UK wins 73-66. Battled the refs, should’ve won this game but we couldn’t get out of our own. Oh well, War Eagle anyways. It’s been a good season, better than most of us would’ve imagined

Well, decent first half and turned into the gang that couldn't shoot straight in the second half. Didn't expect a win but when you hang around it's disappointing when you lose like this. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Better team won.

Normally I would agree, but I cant say I do this time. We are evenly matched, and halfway decent officiating makes this game a toss up at best for Kentucky. 

Edit: not to say Kentucky couldnt beat us any given day. Especially with us shooting historically bad from 3. 

Sucks that we couldn't pull this out. Some REALLY bad shots down the stretch. Needed to drive the ball and we settled for 3's that weren't falling. Just wish that our guys knew what their strengths are ...

Tough loss, but we earned it. You can't play that stupid in the second half and expect to win. For a senior laden team, they sure play like freshman mentally at times. And its not just one player.

With last years team, we got absolutely embarrassed at Rupp. Then we went on a run. Also I think it’s a testament to Bruce. You would think this team would get embarrassed at Rupp before last seasons team if you were just asking the question.  I still think Bruce can inspire these guys to make a run.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Also, I'm gonna say it again. I can't stand Quickley. Guy shoots 82% from the line but in our two games he has shot 20-21.

He shoots 92%, not 82. 

J'Von took some poor shots and missed his FTs. Not putting in L on him but his play today didnt help us on several possessions. 

I didn’t watch any of the second half, but it sounds like dumb 3 pointers kept being tossed up by us.

In the first half, after going up 9, Samir threw up two stupid 3 point bricks that then let them go on a run to take back the lead. We did hit some 3’s in the first half, but it’s not like our 3 point shooting all the sudden got better. We were so successful going inside, I have no idea why we don’t like to try and pass the ball to open something up. 

A lot of reasons we lost. Doughty, McCormick, Okoro 8-32 from the field. McCormick 1-5 FTs. A whole lot of silly fouls and bad shots. But Wiley not getting to the line is a joke. Good grief. We played them tough, and SHOULD have won. The effort was there. Honestly, if we were better schooled at it, I would have zoned UK more and forced them to beat me from 3.Their guards are super quick.

Archived