Georgetown Guard Transfer Mac McClung commits to Texas Tech

Maverick.AU

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wish BP would go after this kid, I’m hoping anyway.

JBoy seems to think there is mutual interest here. My gosh what a pickup this would be 

What position? Like his motor. 

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

What position? Like his motor. 

He's 6'2" PG. And he does have a motor doesn't he? Not sure why he would come here as PG with Cooper in the fold. Unless he can play the 2, although he's a little shorter than most 2's. 

Maybe someone else can add to it. He is from VA so surprised he wouldn't make the transition to the Cavs. 

Also he had entered his name into the NBA portal, so not sure why he would sit out a year, unless this pandemic allows for a no delay transfer rule this one time....He seems to only want to play one more year, then go to the NBA anyway...

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Also he had entered his name into the NBA portal, so not sure why he would sit out a year, unless this pandemic allows for a no delay transfer rule this one time..

No such thing as an NBA portal. I assume you mean NBA Draft. If he doesn't like where he's projected in the draft he can pull out of it like some do every year. Also he may not have to sit a year. Word is the NCAA may still vote on allowing immediate transfers at the end of this month.

I read in the article posted above he was injured this year or maybe on ESPN, so that could be factored into why he withdrew his name from draft. I bet this kid plays SG as well.  He's a scorer.  Bruce could make him one for sure lol.  I would be happy with this addition. 

His game is way closer to a 2 than a 1 btw, he just has to play the 1 bc of how short he is. He also needs to work through his black hole tendencies sometimes, but I think BP can work on that 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hope we can pull Mac out man, Auburn would be main event status every game with that kid. Dont think the world of him but hes someone that elevates the notoriety of your program 

He wants to play PG. Not sure he wants to battle Cooper for the starting spot there Or have his minutes cut because of Cooper’s talent

Seems to play taller than 6'-2 more like a 6"4 or 6'-5 CG, an Adam Harrington type with better motor if he recovers.  A very long shot for AU I would think. I do like the idea of having a guard with some high level experience.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

He wants to play PG. Not sure he wants to battle Cooper for the starting spot there Or have his minutes cut because of Cooper’s talent

IDK about Maryland or w/e but hes not starting an entire season over some of the fellas UT got lined up at guard and his vision simply isnt good enough to be a 1. At least here, there's a 2 guard spot where our 2 best options appear to be complementary players, not ball handlers.

He may want one thing but I hope, if not Bruce then someone, sits the guy and tells him what it is

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

His game is way closer to a 2 than a 1 btw, he just has to play the 1 bc of how short he is. He also needs to work through his black hole tendencies sometimes, but I think BP can work on that 

He could run the floor at PG when sharife is off the floor

10 hours ago, Jaxr29 said:

He could run the floor at PG when sharife is off the floor

Yep, I think he could do like doughty, run the 2 and then run PG when Cooper was off the floor.

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, I think he could do like doughty, run the 2 and then run PG when Cooper was off the floor.

If Vol guards are stacked like Vol fans are saying AU would seem to be the better choice for sure.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If Vol guards are stacked like Vol fans are saying AU would seem to be the better choice for sure.

Exactly, I also think playing some 2 would help him as far as the NBA goes. In our situation he would still get to play the one a decent amount. So if that is something that is important to him I think we would be a more attractive option than Tennessee. Not to mention Bruce.

I don't know how this is not a thread but apparently we have reached out Mr. Mclung per 247sports

I remember him as a YouTube sensation. Solid guard play at Georgetown

There's mention of it in the transfers thread.

@DAG he’s being discussed quite a bit on page 4 in the transfer tracker thread. If we find out Auburn becomes a major contender for him then he will have his own thread.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@DAG he’s being discussed quite a bit on page 4 in the transfer tracker thread. If we find out Auburn becomes a major contender for him then he will have his own thread.

Sorry about that 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sorry about that 

Nothing to be sorry about. Was just letting you know.

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

If this is true, I hope it is not Memphis. Absolutely anything but Memphis. My heart can’t take that.

Archived