Georgetown Guard Transfer Mac McClung commits to Texas Tech

Maverick.AU

9 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Texas Tech fans sure are confident on Twitter and I haven’t seen anything to suggest TTU is at the top of this recruitment...

Coach Crain posted on the bunker yesterday that they were in the top group with Auburn and Memphis.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Apparently he’s cutting his list to 3 today 

Could be three or four. If it’s three it’s Auburn, Texas Tech, and Memphis. If it’s 4 then wake forest is in it also.

Update from JGT & JLee last night.Starts around 55:45 mark & video is embedded to start there.It lasts about 7 minutes.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Update from JGT & JLee last night.Starts around 55:45 mark & video is embedded to start there.It lasts about 7 minutes.

Certainly doesn’t sound like we’re out of it. Love to get the guy 

• ellitor changed the title to Mac McClung Intel
15 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Texas Tech fans sure are confident on Twitter and I haven’t seen anything to suggest TTU is at the top of this recruitment...

Seems like they’re really pitching their current likelihood of getting Kuminga to him 

On 5/23/2020 at 1:45 PM, autan said:

Sounds like you don't won't him to come. If he plays point only he will get about 5 minutes a game and you know he will not sign with AU for that much pt. We need experience in the backcourt I think you would agree.  Maybe there are better fit CG's out there

I think what you and Cole are saying are both correct, there’s a spot where Mac would be ideal, but it probably isn’t this one. Now if he came last year? Would honestly have been really cool, esp with how Jvon seemed to diminish in his facilitating role the further we got in the season. If you had an undersized PG who’s a solid facilitator with a meh 3 ball versus an undersized combo guard who’s a not good facilitator with a sometimes great 3 ball (I think his shot selection kills his %s)....I mean idk 

but a Sharife/Mac backcourt reminds me of Damian Lillard/CJ McCollum in how defined the ceiling is with that set up

46 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Seems like they’re really pitching their current likelihood of getting Kuminga to him 

I've seen more chatter about JK choosing G League if he reclassifies or Duke if he doesn't. Not that much on TT with JK atm. What TT is pitching & may be working with McClung is to be their PG. It's the position he want to play * where he & his agent feels his future is.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I've seen more chatter about JK choosing G League if he reclassifies or Duke if he doesn't. Not that much on TT with JK atm. What TT is pitching & may be working with McClung is to be their PG. It's the position he want to play * where he & his agent feels his future is.

When is the cutoff for the G-League Age requirement/Draft this year?

Wasn't the rule you had to be 18 by September 15th last year and also for those that met the age requirement have signed a contract by 21 Oct? Kuminga doesn't turn 18 until 06 October, but I don't know what any dates are for this year or how the COVID-19 has effected it. I haven't seen any estimated dates for the G-League so far either so if it's pushed back far enough I guess it doesn't matter. However, if he doesn't commit/sign with a school prior to that he wouldn't be able to play until the Spring Semester for whoever he chooses. I am sure they are aware and maybe something has been worked out, but 4+ months until he's 18 pending dates could still cause a problem. Not being 18 prior to cutoff = no contract = no draft = no G-league. 

I understand the league games possibly being pushed back, but I don't see how the age requirement/draft are impacted by 3ish weeks considering the only player that impacts at this point is Kuminga.. I am fully aware that I could be wrong. I am just spit balling here based on the info that is available and figured you might know way more about it than I do. Is there a waiver or potential rule bend because he would be close or is this because everyone anticipates a pushed back set of dates due to the Coronavirus?

1 hour ago, AuburnMike86 said:

When is the cutoff for the G-League Age requirement/Draft this year?

@AuburnMike86 Apparently there is no cutoff for kids on the Select team. There will be no draft for JK if he reclassifies & goes to the G League as he would be on the Select team with the rest of the new high school graduates.

1 hour ago, AuburnMike86 said:

However, if he doesn't commit/sign with a school prior to that he wouldn't be able to play until the Spring Semester for whoever he chooses

He doesn't have to sign with a school at all. If he enrolls at a college & is cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse he can play immediately whenever that is.

2 hours ago, AuburnMike86 said:

but 4+ months until he's 18 pending dates could still cause a problem. Not being 18 prior to cutoff = no contract = no draft = no G-league. 

I understand the league games possibly being pushed back, but I don't see how the age requirement/draft are impacted by 3ish weeks considering the only player that impacts at this point is Kuminga.. I am fully aware that I could be wrong. I am just spit balling here based on the info that is available and figured you might know way more about it than I do. Is there a waiver or potential rule bend because he would be close or is this because everyone anticipates a pushed back set of dates due to the Coronavirus?

Apparently none of that applies to the Select team

Gotcha. Thanks E.

Like I said, I don't know all the details I was just doing some quick research and had some questions about it. Good to know about the Select Team vs regular G-League differences. I guess if the age/restrictions don't apply to the select team its a moot point either way. Instead of having to wait until Oct to sign he can just do it when he's ready and a school won't have to take a chance in the hopes that he sticks to the commitment versus going to the G-League.

Memphis 247 reporter says AU doesn't lead anymore & his likely top 3 is Texas Tech, Memphis, & Wake.

Eff Memphis and eff that brooks dude!!!!!!!! Got damn bro. I'm so freaking tired of them!!!!!

tenor-12.gif

tenor-15.gif

tenor-11.gif

6c23a2569ac27ed015e475433b3a096a_w200.gif

@tigerbrotha12 where art thou Brodie?! Please bring us some much needed good bball crutin news!!!!!

@GwillMac6

This is priceless right here. :laugh:

6c23a2569ac27ed015e475433b3a096a_w200.gif.6c5092c2017011474faa0db7c1fb229f.gif

Yep @GwillMac6 getting real tired of Penny and Co. Hope we beat the absolute brakes of them when we play them this coming season. If you thought my pettiness for Gonzaga was bad, you just wait lol

41 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Can I interest you in a hopeful yet desperate statement about next year’s team with Jalen Green? 

Absolutely not. I never want to see or hear his name again.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Committing later today. JLee says it won't be AU

As long as it’s not Memphis, I can live with it lol.

59 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As long as it’s not Memphis, I can live with it lol.

Yeah. He’s a talented kid. I would rather not have to play him next year.

16 hours ago, gr82be said:

@GwillMac6

This is priceless right here. :laugh:

6c23a2569ac27ed015e475433b3a096a_w200.gif.6c5092c2017011474faa0db7c1fb229f.gif

So mad. Then hurt her nose AND is embarrassed. Going to need some TLC in a few minutes.

And she is chewing on someone's rear end. 

Archived