When this boob loses in November

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If they really do bother you equally, then I really don't think it matters to you who the Democrats run and I think that you would rather just mindlessly say that all politicians are bad than take a moment to analyze and make a strategic choice in the best interests of yourself and your country.

Don't worry. This forum has made me realize that you are not even remotely alone in that.

Which thankfully we don't have to vote for either if we don't like our choices. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But only one party has Donald Trump as it's head.

And while Biden is not everyone's first choice (mine was Amy Klobuchar) it pretty much narrowed down to Biden and Sanders with Biden winning out, largely due to the black vote.

While Biden has the question of his age and mental capacity to address, the choice is between him and a narcissistic, psychopathic, dishonest, lying con man with no understanding of the job. 

And don't forget, much of what the POTUS does is appoint good, qualified people to his administration and actually listening to their advice. I think Biden's experience is a huge plus in that regard. Trump has demonstrated for the most part he is incapable - or not inclined to doing that. Look at the turnover in his administration.  Look at all the unfilled positions.  Look what happened to people who tried to keep him in check.

This is not going to be an election centered on Biden's competence.  It's going to be all about Trump.

I just don't think everything will magically (I say in jest) fall back into place with Trump out. I believe there is a deeper problem that I don't have an answer for that we are facing in this country and Trump is a result of that. 

My opinion is that leadership in this country has failed us for many years now.

What will fix that? Nothing that I see looking into the crystal ball, but I'm always keeping my ears open for answers. That's what we need to be seeking rather than arguing.

But I'm just some dumb country boy from Alabama who lives in Maine now, what do I know...

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If they really do bother you equally, then I really don't think it matters to you who the Democrats run and I think that you would rather just mindlessly say that all politicians are bad than take a moment to analyze and make a strategic choice in the best interests of yourself and your country.

Don't worry. This forum has made me realize that you are not even remotely alone in that.

You guys are making me talk to much we need sports BAD :) 

I agree with this statement and it doesn't matter to me. My faith in this government has been shattered, but you're right about the last part of that sentence and that's all I/we can do.

It just bothers me that we are all at each other's throats about this, but I need to stop caring I guess. 😪

3 minutes ago, MaineTiger said:

I just don't think everything will magically (I say in jest) fall back into place with Trump out. I believe there is a deeper problem that I don't have an answer for that we are facing in this country and Trump is a result of that. 

Even if I go with this logic - that Trump is a result of deeper problems in our country - then why support or vote for someone that is the expression of said prob  lems? 

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We got here because between these two pathetically corrupt parties, we havent voted FOR someone, (Obama may be the exception) in decades. We tend to vote AGAINST someone or for the lesser of two evils. 

1968 Humphrey or Nixon? LOTE
1972 Nixon or McGovern? This really wasnt close so I have to say people were likely voting for Nixon at the time.
1976 Ford or Carter? about 50-50. Ford was not popular and made mistakes. Carter was a neophyte that knew next to nothing about governing.
1980 Reagan or Carter? Votes were for Reagan and against Carter
1984 Landslide Reagan
1988 Bush41 or Dukakis? LOTE
1992 Bush41 or Clinton? Clinton was as popular, as Bush was unpopular. Almost LOTE.
1996 Clinton or Dole? Clinton was hated by many. Dole was a corpse.
2000 Bush43 or Gore? LOTE.
2004 Bush43 or Kerry? LOTE
2008 Obama or McCain? As many voted against each other as for the other. LOTE? I Dont think so.
2012 Obama or Romney? LOTE.
2016 Trump or HRC? LOTE
2020 Trump or Biden? LOTE

So since maybe 1984 most elections could arguably be said to be LOTE Elections. 
Some of us are just hungry for someone to VOTE FOR.

These two parties are just NeoLiberal Wall Street Whores. Not much difference and almost nothing to look forward to. 
I was involved in politics for 25 years. Voting LOTE is just stupid. If these two parties cant give us real alternatives, we need to reform the system.

2 minutes ago, MaineTiger said:

I agree with this statement and it doesn't matter to me. My faith in this government has been shattered, but you're right about the last part of that sentence and that's all I/we can do.

It's pretty incredible that you think that. You're right, you are going to have a tough time participating in conversations with other Americans about American politics. 

Both pathetic and apathetic. That's an accomplishment, I suppose.

Love Maine, btw. It's funny. New Englanders look at Maine like many people look at Alabama. 

44 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Honestly, if you're still on Team Trump at this point in history, you've done nothing but prove him prophetic when he said he could kill someone on 5th Avenue and not lose votes.  It's not that you can't see.  It's that you don't want to.

Meh, that's your opinion.

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's pretty incredible that you think that. You're right, you are going to have a tough time participating in conversations with other Americans about American politics. 

Both pathetic and apathetic. That's an accomplishment, I suppose.

Love Maine, btw. It's funny. New Englanders look at Maine like many people look at Alabama. 

Probably a lot lost in translation with what I said.. sorry you take it that way (not a knock) but I bet if we spoke in person I could articulate it better. Plus I'm trying to do this while taking calls at work nonstop (HVAC season in summer up here is wild) so the train of thought is easily broken... no worries. (although pathetic hurts the feelz 😁)

I do take exception to me "mindlessly saying all politicians are bad"... that an assumption that really can't be backed up. No worries though, smack-talk and all.

I swear you could blindfold a real Mainer (not a Mass-hole) and drop them in Alabama/Mississippi and they wouldn't skip a beat except the weird accent. And yes, guys in Mass call Maine the redneck southern state. BEAUTIFUL country though... stunning...

1 hour ago, MaineTiger said:

My opinion is that leadership in this country has failed us for many years now.

What will fix that? Nothing that I see looking into the crystal ball, but I'm always keeping my ears open for answers. That's what we need to be seeking rather than arguing.

But I'm just some dumb country boy from Alabama who lives in Maine now, what do I know...

Oh hell yes, you are right.  It will take years to repair the damage Trump has wrought - such as degrading the EPA and other federal agencies by cutting or running off professionals that cannot be replaced quickly. 

Not to mention all the serious, underlying problems that he never seriously addressed, such as wealth disparity (the shrinking "middle class"), cost of education, racial strife, political polarization, environmental threats, a rising China, the deficit,  and so on.

I cannot think of a single problem that Trump has handled - or will handle if reelected - better than the Democrats will do, Biden or otherwise.

(Let's not forget that Trump's greatest claim to fame was the booming economy - that he inherited from the previous administration.  All he did regarding the economy was pass an unneeded tax increase that served mainly to further increase the deficit and benefit the wealthy.)

51 minutes ago, MaineTiger said:

Probably a lot lost in translation with what I said.. sorry you take it that way (not a knock) but I bet if we spoke in person I could articulate it better. Plus I'm trying to do this while taking calls at work nonstop (HVAC season in summer up here is wild) so the train of thought is easily broken... no worries. (although pathetic hurts the feelz 😁)

I do take exception to me "mindlessly saying all politicians are bad"... that an assumption that really can't be backed up. No worries though, smack-talk and all.

I swear you could blindfold a real Mainer (not a Mass-hole) and drop them in Alabama/Mississippi and they wouldn't skip a beat except the weird accent. And yes, guys in Mass call Maine the redneck southern state. BEAUTIFUL country though... stunning...

I think Maine and Alabama are both beautiful. 

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Oh hell yes, you are right.  It will take years to repair the damage Trump has wrought

Not a gotcha question, but would you agree that Trump is a result of a deeper, underlying problem or an ugly blip (we can argue this term later)? I can’t answer with certainty yet, but I’m curious of your true opinion since you have quite a strong one.

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Oh hell yes, you are right.  It will take years to repair the damage Trump has wrought - such as degrading the EPA and other federal agencies by cutting or running off professionals that cannot be replaced quickly. 

Not to mention all the serious, underlying problems that he never seriously addressed, such as wealth disparity (the shrinking "middle class"), cost of education, racial strife, political polarization, environmental threats, a rising China, the deficit,  and so on.

I cannot think of a single problem that Trump has handled - or will handle if reelected - better than the Democrats will do, Biden or otherwise.

(Let's not forget that Trump's greatest claim to fame was the booming economy - that he inherited from the previous administration.  All he did regarding the economy was pass an unneeded tax increase that served mainly to further increase the deficit and benefit the wealthy.)

What makes you think Biden or democrats will do anything to address this? They had 8 years prior to Trump and neither republicans or democrats have bothered to address in for years if not decades. If you think that anything is going to change if Biden is elected then you are delusional and so much more misguided by your party than I realized. 

As far as his tax increase, I am surprised you were against this tax increase that you speak of. I thought you were all for higher taxes? 

2 minutes ago, MaineTiger said:

Not a gotcha question, but would you agree that Trump is a result of a deeper, underlying problem or an ugly blip (we can argue this term later)? I can’t answer with certainty yet, but I’m curious of your true opinion since you have quite a strong one.

Trump was basically an F-U to the status quo. 

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Trump was basically an F-U to the status quo. 

I’ve been far too cavalier with my likes today, thus I have none for this reply 😢

12 minutes ago, MaineTiger said:

I’ve been far too cavalier with my likes today, thus I have none for this reply 😢

Save one for me for tomorrow then.....😀.

Seriously though, there are a lot of people on here that feel the exact same as you. That won't be taken very well by some on here as they have a "my way or the highway" thinking if you aren't in lockstep with their thoughts. Also, be careful about saying you can articulate it better in person...some on here will spin that to try to say you aren't good with the written word. 🤦‍♂️ 

Trump was an F-U to the status quo, people that voted for him knew what they were getting. Did he drain the swamp? No, but he came in and crashed the party and made life hell for politicians and bureaucrats in DC. That's why he was elected, the system has ultimately failed us all for years. Problem is you have both sides that are so blinded and brainwashed by their parties that the only thing they know to do is blame the other side. When you boil it down, both parties are doing what they need to do to  line their own pockets and their bud's pockets. They try to point the finger at each other to make people think they give a crap about us meanwhile behind closed doors they are just getting richer and richer at the expense of the middle class. 

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Save one for me for tomorrow then.....😀.

Seriously though, there are a lot of people on here that feel the exact same as you. That won't be taken very well by some on here as they have a "my way or the highway" thinking if you aren't in lockstep with their thoughts. Also, be careful about saying you can articulate it better in person...some on here will spin that to try to say you aren't good with the written word. 🤦‍♂️ 

Trump was an F-U to the status quo, people that voted for him knew what they were getting. Did he drain the swamp? No, but he came in and crashed the party and made life hell for politicians and bureaucrats in DC. That's why he was elected, the system has ultimately failed us all for years. Problem is you have both sides that are so blinded and brainwashed by their parties that the only thing they know to do is blame the other side. When you boil it down, both parties are doing what they need to do to  line their own pockets and their bud's pockets. They try to point the finger at each other to make people think they give a crap about us meanwhile behind closed doors they are just getting richer and richer at the expense of the middle class. 

I agree with everything you say. This is what frustrates me:

Meh... I just deleted too long of a rant because you nailed it and I don’t need to add to it. It’s just freaking exhausting to argue politics when nothing really changes. We’ve been so divided into a damn near middle ages caste system it’s disgusting. Go ahead, call me paranoid or overreacting but whenever cracks in the political system start to show we have civil unrest & start fighting among ourselves (literally right now) instead of the real ‘enemy’.

(ok, that was kinda a rant anyway but I’m in Maine and we all know what’s legal here)

37 minutes ago, MaineTiger said:

I agree with everything you say. This is what frustrates me:

Meh... I just deleted too long of a rant because you nailed it and I don’t need to add to it. It’s just freaking exhausting to argue politics when nothing really changes. We’ve been so divided into a damn near middle ages caste system it’s disgusting. Go ahead, call me paranoid or overreacting but whenever cracks in the political system start to show we have civil unrest & start fighting among ourselves (literally right now) instead of the real ‘enemy’.

(ok, that was kinda a rant anyway but I’m in Maine and we all know what’s legal here)

Lucky!! lol 

43 minutes ago, MaineTiger said:

Trump was an F-U to the status quo, people that voted for him knew what they were getting

No doubt they did. However, the country also voted against Hillary, and career politicians in general.  We had the 2 worst candidates in the country's history that day.  4 years later, and we didn't do any better.  These two are equally as hapless.  Maybe in another 4 years we'll figure it out. We have to do better.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

I am sure that if Trump loses in a electoral squeaker - the same way he won in 2016 - he will graciously and responsibly accept the outcome.

Right Brother Salty?

Biden?

3 hours ago, MaineTiger said:

Trump is definitely a symptom and not the disease. But the disease is stupidity and fear. It's not politics. 

If people really just wanted an antidote to business as usual, they've had countless better options over the years. There will be a better option in every election going forward. Bernie Sanders was a better option both times.

But that's not what people really want. That's an excuse to justify something much darker.

2 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

No doubt they did. However, the country also voted against Hillary, and career politicians in general.  We had the 2 worst candidates in the country's history that day.  4 years later, and we didn't do any better.  These two are equally as hapless.  Maybe in another 4 years we'll figure it out. We have to do better.

Hillary was as qualified a candidate as we've seen in ages. She was a bad campaigner and many people decided they hated her for reasons that had nothing to do with her ability to lead the country. But she wasn't a bad candidate.

At some point, it became ok to say "Well, it was either him or Hillary, and I couldn't vote for her." That is a spineless copout. 

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hillary was as qualified a candidate as we've seen in ages. She was a bad campaigner and many people decided they hated her for reasons that had nothing to do with her ability to lead the country. But she wasn't a bad candidate.

Having experience as a career politician doesn't "qualify" you to be a leader of the greatest country in the world.  She was disliked by so many that she lost to possibly the least likely candidate we've ever seen.  She was a horrible candidate.  No, I didn't vote for Hillary. Now, or ever. No, I also didn't vote for Trump.

Casting a vote for a dude that has risen the bar of creepiness that may surpass slick Willie himself,  who is too old to realistically be considered for POTUS, and has shown clear signs of potential early onset dementia because you don't like the incumbent? Funny how you think that isn't a spineless co-pout.  

We should have done better than Biden. The last 4 candidates to lead our country have been the worst choices we have put forth to the voters, and Trump was 2 of them.

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

At some point, it became ok to say "Well, it was either him or Hillary, and I couldn't vote for her." That is a spineless copout. 

I actually get being in that position.  It's how I felt.  I couldn't vote for her.

But I couldn't vote for him either.  So I voted third-party.  

This year I will be unable to vote for Trump again.  None of the reasons I couldn't vote for him have changed and he's managed to only prove virtually every concern about his ability (or lack thereof) to lead this country to be right.  Whether that translates into another third-party vote or just an outright Biden vote to send the GOP leadership bereft of a spine or a set of balls a louder message I'm not sure yet.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

I am sure that if Trump loses in a electoral squeaker - the same way he won in 2016 - he will graciously and responsibly accept the outcome.

Right Brother Salty?

Yep. Just like Hillary did.

Archived