Aidan Marshall back on the team

AUFriction

Aiden Marshall is apparently back on the team Per al.com after (it sounds like) he was begged to return by multiple coaches. Are we in that bad of shape at punter that we had to literally beg someone to come back? Or is it that they just still think he could be molded into a good punter? Anyone have any inside info on this?

I think we want as many options as possible. Also got a grad transfer from a lower division. Or some kind of transfer. 

Probably a kid on campus with a soccer background that could boot it 60 yards.  

Also Bo can punt.  Make the return team play the fake every time.  Saban will have that banned next year too.

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Wonder if the new punter can get here with the Covid restrictions

The new punter won't be eligible until the 2021 season. (See his thread in the recruiting forum for details)

that's pretty funny, seems like a pretty cool guy from what little I've seen of him. I think he'd be a fan favorite amongst our graduating class if he ended up doing something cool like running a fake punt 

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Oh, people from Australia will have no problem coming here. They've handled the virus very well down there. They might not let him come back, though. (In reality, he would probably be allowed back with a couple weeks of strict quarantine.)

14 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Aiden Marshall is apparently back on the team Per al.com after (it sounds like) he was begged to return by multiple coaches. Are we in that bad of shape at punter that we had to literally beg someone to come back? Or is it that they just still think he could be molded into a good punter? Anyone have any inside info on this?

They asked him to come back as Oscar Chapman will not arrive until August 17th now (originally supposed to arrive August 1st) due to delays with his Visa.  They wanted an experienced punter.

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

See above.  Right now it is just Visa restrictions.  If you recall Siposs had the same issue but it worked out.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

The new punter won't be eligible until the 2021 season. (See his thread in the recruiting forum for details)

Oscar Chapman is eligible for this season.  He counts toward the 2021 class, but is eligible to play as a blue shirt for 2020.  He is also classified as a freshmen even though he is 21.

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

They asked him to come back as Oscar Chapman will not arrive until August 17th now (originally supposed to arrive August 1st) due to delays with his Visa.  They wanted an experienced punter.

Now that the SEC has pushed the start of fall practice back to August 17th, does that matter all that much?

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Now that the SEC has pushed the start of fall practice back to August 17th, does that matter all that much?

What if there are other delays or if he catches Covid-19 during the season? Bo is likely an emergency punter or occasional punter at most. I doubt they want him back there with the other team rusher the punter. 

Now that Aidan is back on the team, what will happen him when Oscar gets to Auburn sometime this month. Will Aidan stay with the Tigers.

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Now that Aidan is back on the team, what will happen him when Oscar gets to Auburn sometime this month. Will Aidan stay with the Tigers.

TIFWIW, but I've heard Delaware is pushing hard Aiden to transfer...

On 8/8/2020 at 8:53 AM, augolf1716 said:

The Fightin' Blue Hens

One of my favorites, along with the Richmond Spiders and UCSC Banana Slugs (I've got one of their T shirts). 

image.jpeg  image.jpeg

I looked it up and a Blue Hen is one of the varieties used in cock fighting, so it's directly comparable to the South Carolina Gamecocks.

And then you have the Maryland Terrapins.

image.jpeg

I love off-beat team names.  There are many in minor league baseball.

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

One of my favorites, along with the Richmond Spiders and UCSC Banana Slugs (I've got one of their T shirts). 

image.jpeg  image.jpeg

I looked it up and a Blue Hen is one of the varieties used in cock fighting, so it's directly comparable to the South Carolina Gamecocks. And then you have the Maryland Terrapins.

image.jpeg

I love off-beat team names.  There's many in minor league baseball.

Been a fan of the Blue Hens for over 40 years just becaude of their name

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Been a fan of the Blue Hens for over 40 years just becaude of their name

Reminded me of another- the Presbyterian College "Blue Hose". (But they use some sort of warrior as their image.)

My wife always asks me about what sort of "snarling" image goes with these nicknames. ;D

Archived