Fire Gus

TitanTiger

Maybe this won't be a factor, but I have to think one aspect that points to a coaching change is AD Greene.

He hasn't gotten to make a single big hire since coming to Auburn. Football, basketball, baseball, women's bball, and softball all had coaches in place that are still here.

I gotta think Greene is chomping at the bit to finally make his mark on our program, and there's no better way to do that than to hire a new football coach. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe this won't be a factor, but I have to think one aspect that points to a coaching change is AD Greene.

He hasn't gotten to make a single big hire since coming to Auburn. Football, basketball, baseball, women's bball, and softball all had coaches in place that are still here.

I gotta think Greene is chomping at the bit to finally make his mark on our program, and there's no better way to do that than to hire a new football coach. 

Well it does not inspire a lot of confidence when he did not fire Flow when it was even more obvious than it is with Gus that she needed to go.......

1 hour ago, DAG said:

When did we win a championship with him as HC? This guy is a straight up clown.

You didn't get your commemorative $300 oil painting of the 2017 SEC West Champs? I've got it hanging next to my Shadow-boxed Stidham jersey from the legendary 2018 Music City Bowl Championship Game. 

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You didn't get your commemorative $300 oil painting of the 2017 SEC West Champs? I've got it hanging next to my Shadow-boxed Stidham jersey from the legendary 2018 Music City Bowl Championship Game. 

Sadly I am sure he is 100 percent talking about the division and technically he is correct but cmon man! We need more than that. That’s is sad. I just want to see him take accountability 

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Greene was briefed and well aware... but people are afraid to say that for some reason.

That's a valid point.  Maybe it's due to the fact he was fresh and not really in a position to say one way or the other if it was a smart decision.  I will say, I don't hear folks complain about him at all, about anything. Which I find unusual, as AD's usually catch a good bit of grief from fans of every sport, even if it isn't merited.  We are going to find out whether he is truly in-charge of the athletics department, and his decision-making skills.  

If Gus isn't fired, Greene will have to make one of those, "we sat down to discuss goals, and Gus knows I expect improvement" type of pressers.   No way he can let Gus go into next year without addressing the fans as to his thinking, and the buyout can't be the reason.  It will be an interesting 30 days or so. 

😲

Just now, fredst said:

This ranks as a 1 out of 10 on the surprise scale

Indeed 

It's hard not to feel like we're in a free fall with no relief in sight.

(5-4) and unranked with a real possibility at (5-5). Even at (6-4) the bowl game we play in will be such a joke that either we'll blow a team out (7-4) wooo or get embarrassed (6-5) again.

If you take out Lee Hunter (4* DT who said his recruitment is still open this morning) then we're sitting around the #57 recruiting class.

We have ELEVEN commits right now. We're desperately going to count on JUCO and transfers to fill the spots.

When does the plug get pulled?

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Gus has his players spouting the same horse***t as him now. Embarrassing all around.

Gus's cringe has trickled down his the players. Imagine your field general making excuses in the media. My God, I would enter the transfer portal immediately. 

You got you ass handed to you by a walk on QB at Georgia who looks more like the SAE treasurer and a 3* QB at Alabama who fell into the position because Tua got injured. READ THE ROOM!!

I can't stop ranting. Experience?? Bo's first game was on primetime national television in Jerry World. Game of the week opening weekend. Gameday was there!! He's been on CBS 4-5 times in his career. My God I'm done.

Gus says "Better days are ahead for Auburn." He's right. Better days are ahead but only when he is replaced after this season. 

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Gus has his players spouting the same horse***t as him now. Embarrassing all around.

If that's the case, Isn't Alabama inexperienced every year?

15 hours ago, DAG said:

When did we win a championship with him as HC? This guy is a straight up clown.

Good call. Only his first year. Next year will be YEAR 9! 

I am telling you he is a used car salesman. He has an excuse for everything. He even has an excuse for Mississippi state this weekend just in case. He says they have had two weeks to practice for us. Plus he laid out the fact that we had no nonconference games and we had injuries. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

But what really did him in was his mouth on Saturday. That 6-4 comment was the final straw for some people. That is unacceptable. And he knew it.

Archived