Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, drewzums343 said:

The fans will be livid if this happens. It's like an extension of Gus. 

It's worse. Gus never had a losing season. Steele has never won more than THREE WINS as a head coach.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good luck with that . Last team to do that was USC and that was well over a decade ago. I will say if he is going t do that , he can’t be having some of the losses he has and he definitely can’t be losing to out of conference foes. 

This. 

They've shown over and over again that they can plow through bad teams, win against good teams, and get thumped by great teams that we actually beat on occasion with high school coaches and Iowa State rejects. 

Just now, Zeek said:

It's worse. Gus never had a losing season. Steele has never won more than THREE WINS as a head coach.

Imagine if we fired Chizik... and then named Brian Van gorder as HC lmao 

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sadly, this is correct

Yeah. It's definitely not a positive commentary on anything, other than maybe Oregon fans having some of their priorities in order, lol. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good luck with that . Last team to do that was USC and that was well over a decade ago. I will say if he is going t do that , he can’t be having some of the losses he has and he definitely can’t be losing to out of conference foes. 

And with those unexplainable losses majority here have put all chips in on him being the HC or it’s considered a failure by all those involved. The way he is building that program they are very well positioned to compete annually for a spot in the playoff. Especially if USC keeps Helton.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

AU would be the laughingstock of the college football world.....please 8lb 6 oz baby ....dont let this happen.

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sadly, this is correct

Oregon fans care as much about football as we do our elite equestrian 🐎 program!!!! Lol. Look at this!!! Look how many pages this thread is and look at all the other ones similar to it. There is a thread on rivals titled gus started last Monday that has close to 400 pages. We are blooooood thirsty to find our bruce for football!!!!

Just now, Zeek said:

embarassed.PNG

Already being mocked

To be fair pat forde would of done this regardless!!! Lol. Dude obsessively hates us and talks about us non stop.

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

Well, WE are.  Not sure the same can be said for the PTB.

I don't know if Harbert and yella man even know who bruce is or have ever even been to a AU bball game before....

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oregon fans care as much about football as we do our elite equestrian 🐎 program!!!! Lol. Look at this!!! Look how many pages this thread is and look at all the other ones similar to it. There is a thread on rivals titled gus started last Monday that has close to 400 pages. We are blooooood thirsty to find our bruce for football!!!!

Brother I'd do some ungodly things if it meant a 100% chance of getting a Bruce like HC for football

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bobby Bowden had to play Miami every year. And a very solid Va Tech program. Not sure you remember the ACC for what it was back then.

Well, maybe if you're all fired up and wanting it to read that way. The way that it was written and is correct is that our offense couldn't get in the end zone- despite racking up over 500 yards with a hurt QB- and we still won the game primarily because of one special SEC-caliber defensive lineman. 

The dude has already said he wants to come here. And that was before money was ever discussed. We're a better job. 

I don’t doubt he may want to be here but when and where did he say he wanted to be at Auburn? If that is true, I expect him to be coach by Sunday. Cause Auburn will pay more than 4.5 million.

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

And with those unexplainable losses majority here have put all chips in on him being the HC or it’s considered a failure by all those involved. The way he is building that program they are very well positioned to compete annually for a spot in the playoff. Especially if USC keeps Helton.

I have been absolutely one of the fans calling him out on those losses. But again, for him to position himself that way , Oregon can’t keep losing games they have no business losing. They must do better in out of conference games as well. I can’t speak about USC . What I will say is they are back in the conference championship game and I would be quite surprised if they lose tomorrow.  With that said, with the resources we have I would hope we would support him and getting a great staff around him as well!

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This. 

They've shown over and over again that they can plow through bad teams, win against good teams, and get thumped by great teams that we actually beat on occasion with high school coaches and Iowa State rejects. 

They've also never recruited at the level that they are now.  MC has changed the caliber of player coming to Oregon.  Literally the best three classes of all time at UO are under his watch.  All of those guys are still mostly underclassmen.  Has to be accounted for in your analysis.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

embarassed.PNG

Already being mocked

One of my friends on the Bunker said that last night the Moderator posted that Auburn is a "s*** show" right now, and apparently he's always Mr. Positive. Rumor is one group at Auburn made an offer to one candidate, and a totally different group offered Steele. 

Just passing on the info. No idea if it's true or not.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bobby Bowden had to play Miami every year. And a very solid Va Tech program. Not sure you remember the ACC for what it was back then.

Well, cornpone did choose ACC over SEC at the first expansion.  Probably worked out better for them.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't know if Harbert and yella man even know who bruce is or have ever even been to a AU bball game before....

Jokes aside, I'm sure they know who he is...

However, I think that second part might be 100% true

Here's my litmus test for those two... Do they know who Cord Sandberg is? If not they shouldn't be making these decisions. What I mean by that is, if they're not invested enough to know the majority of our players they're probably not qualified to make this decision.

I said a few weeks ago that a lot of money will be paid for a downgrade or at best a lateral move. Rabid fans just wanted Gus out.  But at least most of the AU family will be happy and satisfied for a couple of years rebuilding with 4-8/5-7 seasons before heat starts to rise with our next ex-coach. Don't get me wrong.  I've been as frustrated as the next guy at times, but  I just can't see hiring a coach from a Junior college or one with a weak resume as a replacement for Gus.  But who the heck knows it could work out.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have been absolutely one of the fans calling him out on those losses. But again, for him to position himself that way , Oregon can’t keep losing games they have no business losing. They must do better in out of conference games as well. I can’t speak about USC . What I will say is they are back in the conference championship game and I would be quite surprised if they lose tomorrow.  With that said, with the resources we have I would hope we would support him and getting a great staff around him as well!

Staff is huge too. Think about the assistants he has now. If they're not willing to pay him they're definitely not giving him the same $ we put out for assistant coaches.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

To be fair pat forde would of done this regardless!!! Lol. Dude obsessively hates us and talks about us non stop.

Exactly. Forde knows as much about what’s gone on with the search as we do. Rumors, speculation, and “insiders”.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The perception is Auburn fired a good coach, and some believe should not have been let go. Perception is not reality in this case. It was time to move on for a myriad of reasons. He has a job to write, I choose not to read. Even though his ESPN 40yd dash and bottom 10 articles were funny.

Archived