Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

16 minutes ago, The lions roar said:
Head coach
Team Auburn
Conference SEC
Record

Wikipedia page for Billy Napier. Looks like a done deal

Lol same for Cristobal's Wiki page.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The lions roar said:
Head coach
Team Auburn
Conference SEC
Record

Wikipedia page for Billy Napier. Looks like a done deal

Somewhere buried in my computer I have a hilarious screen shot of Auburn's wikipedia page after the '13 Iron Bowl. Someone was quite salty.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

1 minute ago, AU120289 said:

Tony Elliot. 

Not much of a track record but a cheap option relatively speaking.

Freeze. Checking the thuga and turd sec rant page about our vacancy, comments from both team pages are that Freeze would scare them the most to be AU’s HC. Cristobal, Nappier, and Fickel wouldn’t bother them too much although any would be an improvement. 

1 minute ago, Gr82batigr said:

Freeze. Checking the thuga and turd sec rant page about our vacancy, comments from both team pages are that Freeze would scare them the most to be AU’s HC. Cristobal, Nappier, and Fickel wouldn’t bother them too much although any would be an improvement. 

Please, NO. 

Freeze is the easy answer. If we’re playing the squeaky clean card, then it has to be Napier or Campbell. People saying Stoops, Sark, or Meyer are idiots.

1 minute ago, chimes said:

Freeze is the easy answer. If we’re playing the squeaky clean card, then it has to be Napier or Campbell. People saying Stoops, Sark, or Meyer are idiots.

What if that Stoops is Mark? He's too expensive, but you can't deny he's overachieved at Kentucky...

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

What if that Stoops is Mark? He's too expensive, but you can't deny he's overachieved at Kentucky...

Not a bad coach but wouldn’t bring the type of excitement that would justify making this move at this time.

31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Mark Stoops has a LOSING record as a head coach.

Sounds like Yella Fella wants Freeze but  pearl clutching fan reaction has made them second guess

Cristobal is option 1A for the other PTB

One has to think Yella Fella likely increases the budget for the Football Facility if he's happy with the choice

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sounds like Yella Fella wants Freeze but  pearl clutching fan reaction has made them second guess

Cristobal is option 1A for the other PTB

One has to think Yella Fella likely increases the budget for the Football Facility if he's happy with the choice

Rane deserves to have the facility named after him for probably paying the buyout.

1 hour ago, chimes said:

Not a bad coach but wouldn’t bring the type of excitement that would justify making this move at this time.

Chimes!!!! My freakin boy!!! How ya been? 

17 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Does Wade Christopher’s level of football skills also carry over to his level of coaching ability???

if so I want him!!!!!

They already tried to hire him, but the SEC wasn't having it. All the other coaches threatened to resign (out of fear of having to face HCWC), and the SEC didn't want the league to implode.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Who is this guy?

One of the best offensive lineman to come out of auburn in our history... 😂

4 hours ago, shabby said:

Steve Sarkisian || Currently the Offensive Coordinator at Alabama || The downside is he has no head coaching experience o

no head coach experience?  What in the world is this writer talking about.

And Mario Cristobal has had success wherever he went? Tell that to FIU. Hardly accurate. He has been mediocre at best

Very mediocre. He can't close out games. Like his OL though. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Well I apologize sir I have only been on this Earth for a certain amount of time. I honestly didn't remember him. I do remember hearing about him after you said that. 

I’m probably younger than you are my guy, I was just saying he was one of our better OL in the modern AU era. 5x pro bowler and 3x All Pro IIRC

Archived