Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Just to make sure, do we know of "Train" and "Steele" ever being linked?  Old nickname?  Old GF nickname? Train tracks being Steele?  Just want to know whether I should have a talk with Mr Schwartz

Steele engine? 
or train is leaving aka Flash is gone. 😭

I know nothing. 

Nevermind, saw his tweet about it’s who he wants. 😂

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2020/6/26/21303659/ranking-the-power-five-coaching-jobs-2020

This ranking was interesting. Only real things I disagree on are that I would swap TAMU and Tennessee. And FSU should DEFINITELY not be that high up. So, I would rank it like this:

Top 10 are pretty spot on

#11/12/13--Notre Dame/Penn State/Texas A&M (TIE)

#14--Oregon

#15/16/17--Auburn/Florida State/Wisconsin (TIE)

#18--Tennessee

7 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Yes. Seems to be in reference to Lane. 

1B448BB6-ED05-441C-92D6-EC642D198661.png

CD29A9D0-27A2-4066-8C59-2A8574EBA54F.png

Well Schwartz also thinks The Last Jedi is a good Star Wars film so I think I've come to accept he has bad opinions...

Bro either Swartz has huge nuts and doesn’t care if Steele likes him or not, or he knows something we don’t! Lane train babyyy! Bo Nix would finally have someone to tell him to keep his mf feet planted!

1F6DF64B-DF9D-4AA8-A33A-A5D7508C5F39.jpeg

Real talk though. Joey Freshwater would need to start eating at the wellness kitchen cause that dude has gained like 80 lbs since he stepped foot in Mississippi.

8 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Can you imagine Flash in Kiffin's scheme?🚀🚀🚀

Apparently he can and I think it happens one way or another...

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dang, I didn’t even think of that. 🥺

I thought he was gonna transfer at first, but I think he wants to stay here and get Kiffin here. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Sanders said:

I believe Kiffin is at the top of my “possible” list. 

Urban Meyer is top of fictional list. 

Agreed. I was never big on MC, but liked the thought of what recruiting would look like. I think Kiffin could match that and personally, I feel he is a better, or at least equal, coach. Freeze was my number 1, but with him being an impossibility, I'm hopping aboard the Lane Train.

I'd love to see the Lane train gather some steam.

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I thought he was gonna transfer at first, but I think he wants to stay here and get Kiffin here. 

Yes that's his goal. But if he can't...

So if God used covid to keep Cristobal away then is this him using it to bring Napier to us? His schedule just freed up lol

What a great ending to 2020. :-\

At this point - even though its an integral part of my cultural heritage, if not DNA, makeup - I am seriously questioning the entire "College Football/Money/NFL" complex.  I mean seriously, $49 million contracts?

Are we going crazy? 

Archived