Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

I think we will hear that Steele is staying as DC along with some of the positional coaches.  At this point why the hell not? We most likely lost out on the prior HC choices because of this stipulation, I doubt it changed now.  If it did, that will make missing out on the earlier guys that much harder to stomach.  

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I dunno man. Seems like he'd be the kind of guy that wouldn't put up with someone trying to coach from the backseat. 

Hope that's true. 

Oh I hope so for sure. And because of that, he has absolutely no reason in the world to keep Steele unless he is made to. The ptb wins the war that way, just had to take a little diversion. Hope it’s a moot point though and we can his a$$. 

I looked at the numbers from the 2013 game vs ASU. QB was 30-42 and the TEs, yes TEs, had 8 receptions. 

Best hire Auburn football has ever made. PERIOD.

Keep in mind Dye was a HC for 7 yrs before Auburn and had 2, 9 win seasons and several ok seasons. Harson has been a HC for 8 and has had 5, 10+ Seasons.

Worst season result: tied for 2nd in conference; all others he won or tied for 1st. Idaho isn't exactly a hotbed of talent I don't think, but I haven't been there.

Looks like the man can find talent and develop players to be so darn consistent.  

I am super excited.  

I recommend: fire Steele tomorrow, let Chad run the bowl game and I hope he keeps 3 assistants for recruiting purposes.

WDE!

As long as the players wanna play the game you play it.   

Who knows who will be coaching, schools are gonna be going after some of our assistant coaches and I expect to see movement soon.

2 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

I think we will hear that Steele is staying as DC along with some of the positional coaches.  At this point why the hell not? We most likely lost out on the prior HC choices because of this stipulation, I doubt it changed now.  If it did, that will make missing out on the earlier guys that much harder to stomach.  

I simply can not process this line of thinking at all. You don’t leave a backstabbing, back room dealing cancer on staff unless you are made to. Especially when there is no prior connection and absolutely no reason to retain him at all. When a new lion takes over the pride he starts with a clean slate if you know what I mean. 

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Absolutely. If Steele is retained then this guy is just a new and improved errand boy under the control of the ptb. If he blows up the staff and brings his guys in/strategic new hires, then we know he’s running the show and I’ll be both cautiously optimistic and respect him for it.  

Probably,  but not necessarily.    Steele is a good DC.    It may turn out all the rumors about him back stabbing are not true.      I don't  want him as DC.    I doubt Harsin would either,  but Harsin may want him... rumors true or not.   There would  be some (tho small) advantages to keeping him.  esp if the rumors are not true.

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

This is going to be a bit like going from go karts to Formula 1 though. Hope he can adjust.

Nobody needs to worry about Steele - he may end up at LSU ( not a joke ).  I suspect he will land a job pretty quick on his volition.

Do we know if the rumors were even true?  

Might be smart to have him stay on if he wants for a season or two.  Or we may be coaching against him in a place where he has superior talent.

This could be a tremendous move if KS didn't stab anyone in the back and wants to be here. 

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Best hire Auburn football has ever made. PERIOD.

I strongly disagree but hope you are right. I expect to se no better than 8-4 for at least  years considering where we are now,

Archived