Schwartz

RunInRed

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

The olympians never get paid much but if they do it as a career, they make much more money especially at National and world events. Most of these guys live off of endorsements, training others or gaining capital. That’s pretty much how Tyson Gay money. Heck even Wallace Spearmon made a good living from doing that. Jeremy Wariner ran, got his money and invested.The issue is you have to be the top of your craft at it. You can make a good living off it for sure 

Would it be more than if Swartz played in the NFL for say 5 years after being drafted in the 4th round?  Assuming he invested in the same manner.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Would it be more than if Swartz played in the NFL for say 5 years after being drafted in the 4th round?  Assuming he invested in the same manner.

It depend on the contract but probably not. The benefits of running track is you can do less, run a couple of meets and be set but not in the millions of course. The risk of the NFL is of course injury , longevity is questionable , but you can get a much bigger sum of money at the front end. 

And with track it is just much less margin for error. First place in the worlds from second place is a huge difference in pay out. Not to mention , there are rarely guarantees in your contract like the NFL. Also, Covid makes it much harder to travel. So all of that is important to consider 

I think the hard part with him is we really don't know what he can or can't do yet.  I believe we all assume he was under-utilized by the previous staff.  I see a raw DeSean Jackson.

I feel like a year in a new system could benefit him draft-wise, but I think it also makes sense to get there now and make money and get developed at the next level.   It all depends if you wanna enjoy a year of college yet or start your career.

Like for instance someone like Ryan Tannehill who has 61 million Dollars guaranteed in his contract probably trumps Usain Bolt who is the most decorated runner of all time. I am sure Bolt networth is close to 100 mill but that doesn’t mean that is what he has in his bank account 

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

Now rg3 is set for life and never has to work again. If he went track, this wouldn't have happened. 

The only reason to go track over football is you have some weird love of track. 

People do a lot of things for reasons other than money, maybe even for a “weird love” you might say. I hope that he has an opportunity to do whatever is his passion 

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I think the hard part with him is we really don't know what he can or can't do yet.  I believe we all assume he was under-utilized by the previous staff.  I see a raw DeSean Jackson.

I feel like a year in a new system could benefit him draft-wise, but I think it also makes sense to get there now and make money and get developed at the next level.   It all depends if you wanna enjoy a year of college yet or start your career.

Really? I see a poor mans John Ross and that is not me hating . He is a very linear athlete. Desean was showtime. You can line him up at wide, the inside, and place him on kick offs. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Really? I see a poor mans John Ross and that is not me hating . He is a very linear athlete. Desean was showtime. You can line him up at wide, the inside, and place him on kick offs. 

D-Jax would be his ceiling and Ross would be the floor.  I have not seen enough routes run by Schwartz to figure out if he can excel in route running or any Auburn WR in the last decade for that matter.  

Schwartz needs a lot of help to go to the NFL. He is too stiff, not very fluid. Which makes sense. There isn't much need to be fluid in track. It's a short burst you practice a billion times, with no need to react to anything mid-run, and no need to adjust your body.

AS also seems to have trouble tracking the ball (puts his hands out too early, trips, or misjudges trajectory). Some NFL team will take a flyer on him regardless. But if CBH can bring in a real WR coach I'd love to see what Anthony can do. 

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

People do a lot of things for reasons other than money, maybe even for a “weird love” you might say. I hope that he has an opportunity to do whatever is his passion 

Thank you.

Could have been there on scholarship, but I wonder if folks know that he went to a high school where the tuition was $30k+ a year. If his parents were paying that out of pocket, then maybe he can "afford" to pursue said passion quite comfortably.

*Only posting to give folks something to think about. Not interested in a conversation about this kid's family or their finances, or to what degree he "should" be interested in a 7-figure contract over a 6-figure salary. Point is folks have got to quit dehumanizing these players and reducing them to transactions on a cash register. It's insulting and embarrassing.*

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Boredom is killing us....

yep.....ready for CBH's first practice.....get on with it already! 

*best GWill voice*

LETTTTTTTSSSSGOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:
1 hour ago, alexava said:

Boredom is killing us....

yep.....ready for CBH's first practice.....get on with it already! 

*best GWill voice*

LETTTTTTTSSSSGOOOOOOOOOOOO

Agree. Harsin better start hiring some staff or signing some players or we might need to think about firing his a**

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Agree. Harsin better start hiring some staff or signing some players or we might need to think about firing his a**

yep...whats his buyout?   Yella Fella on board?  We called Freeze yet?    Wheres Lil Mook?

He's listed as the #11 WR and #108 overall. Can't blame the kid for mitigating risk for his financial future--especially with the clusterf***k this coaching change has been. I wish him luck at the next level and I will certainly be rooting for him! 

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like for instance someone like Ryan Tannehill who has 61 million Dollars guaranteed in his contract probably trumps Usain Bolt who is the most decorated runner of all time. I am sure Bolt networth is close to 100 mill but that doesn’t mean that is what he has in his bank account 

Important to note that Tannehill will only see roughly half of that after taxes, agent fees, union dues, etc.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Important to note that Tannehill will only see roughly half of that after taxes, agent fees, union dues, etc.

Which still leaves him in pretty good financial shape lol

You guys please don't start with the analysis of why he can't go to the NFL. You are the same guys that had Bo being a top qb, every year have guys like slayton not getting drafted, and said none of our offensive problems were on anybody besides the d line.....don't try to tell me that somebody as fast as him won't have a chance.....and you can't go by what he did here, his QB wasn't good at throwing a deep ball and he doesn't even get to practice and show what all he can do running routes on the route tree.

We don't have enough data to even evaluate him

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You guys please don't start with the analysis of why he can't go to the NFL. You are the same guys that had Bo being a top qb, every year have guys like slayton not getting drafted, and said none of our offensive problems were on anybody besides the d line.....don't try to tell me that somebody as fast as him won't have a chance.....and you can't go by what he did here, his QB wasn't good at throwing a deep ball and he doesn't even get to practice and show what all he can do running routes on the route tree.

Same s***, different year. 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Imagine what he would do in Alabama's offense. 

33 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Imagine what he would do in Alabama's offense. 

Man him and ruggs on the same team? I'd hate to be in the secondary playing that team

42 minutes ago, metafour said:

Same s***, different year. 

Seems like after the 4th/5th year the conclusion would be you know what??? Idk what the hell I'm talking about, I'm going to sit this one out.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ok, he’s a pauper. Gotta link to his GoFundMe?

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Those reverses are generally sniffed out regardless when Schwartz is running em, but one thing that also didn’t help was the fact that AS can’t juke. Doesn’t have a spin or a hesitation, and I’ve only seen him do a back jump like twice in 3 years. He’s more rigid than anyone else the late great Gus used in that role 

1 hour ago, CT Tiger said:

He's listed as the #11 WR and #108 overall. Can't blame the kid for mitigating risk for his financial future--especially with the clusterf***k this coaching change has been. I wish him luck at the next level and I will certainly be rooting for him! 

I don’t blame any kid with that rating for considering the jump, but not because of anything related to this coaching search. We made a reasonably quick hire of a highly successful coach with an offensive mind. He’s better off in Harsin’s hands than in another year with Gus.

Archived