MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Brad_ATX

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It's sickening and I truly cannot begin to understand how this must make you feel.

It’s just incredibly glaring. Like how is this even possible. 

10 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

This may have been the catalyst for what is occurring, but there was a confluence of many different things that led up to this. This didn't just happen overnight. Trump's rhetoric simply spurred the rage that was already present in our increasingly polarized political culture. Even if Trump exits the picture completely, these types of events will still occur if we don't course correct from all the things that got us here.

What I foresee happening after this is that anyone on the right will be grouped in with the thugs who stormed the capital, and the radical left will continue spewing hatred towards anyone on the right whether they were complicit or not. It's the societal equivalent of corporal punishment. The radical right will then respond with rhetoric and their own acts of violence, and the cycle will continue. A better path forward would be condemning lawlessness of all kinds, and finding common humanity with our fellow citizens. This SHOULD be a wake up call for all of us, but I think we'll only drift further into turmoil.

It should be a wake up call, but won’t be one until the people realize this is a result of many years and decades of BS and Trump played off of it and hit the nuclear button on his way out the door. 

Sadly, nothing surprises me anymore. 

17 minutes ago, gravejd said:

And when the democrats dispute the next election they lose I hope you are as supportive. Peaceful transfer of power is what has defined American democracy and made us a stable country. Trump and his supporters have ended that American tradition. 

If there was any evidence of the level of fraud required to elect Biden then why did all the Trump appointed judges throw out the lawsuits? I guess they were deep state moles that were secretly working against trump? 

These people are acting only on the word of a madman. Maybe this madman does not bring down the country but he won’t be the last to try. And people like you will support them based solely on their word. And your not alone. Literally thousands if not millions of people will go along side you. 

democRATs dispute every election.

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

It should be a wake up call, but won’t be one until the people realize this is a result of many years and decades of BS and Trump played off of it and hit the nuclear button on his way out the door. 

Well said. It's dubious at best to claim a singular cause for events that occur out of the interdependencies associated with the complex ecosystem that is our society. After all, politics is downstream from culture. Many people and factors are to blame, but I fear very few will own it. This may get a lot uglier before it ever gets better.

33 minutes ago, gravejd said:

And when the democrats dispute the next election they lose I hope you are as supportive. Peaceful transfer of power is what has defined American democracy and made us a stable country. Trump and his supporters have ended that American tradition. 

If there was any evidence of the level of fraud required to elect Biden then why did all the Trump appointed judges throw out the lawsuits? I guess they were deep state moles that were secretly working against trump? 

These people are acting only on the word of a madman. Maybe this madman does not bring down the country but he won’t be the last to try. And people like you will support them based solely on their word. And your not alone. Literally thousands if not millions of people will go along side you. 

You sadly are misinformed, bless your heart. 

1 hour ago, AUDynasty said:

GOP owns this. Not just Trump. GOP could have put his behavior to a stop a long time ago. This is not surprising. Trump spoke in such a bold and dangerous rhetoric and now this is the mess we will have to clean up.

4 years in the making. The GOP is in no way, shape or form the sole owners of this. Participants sure. Sole owners? Not even close.

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I would hope that the DC mayor would be able to call to action something. 

Umm DC mayor didnt do crap with antifa or BLM 

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

For those of us hiding with our heads in the sand, due to high anxiety, please move this to another thread. 🙂 I will address this with prayer. That's all I can do.

Haven’t watched the news since the day of the election. I’m so much more calm and relaxed 😎 

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Disgraceful. 

18 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

4 years in the making. The GOP is in no way, shape or form the sole owners of this. Participants sure. Sole owners? Not even close.

You are a disgrace. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

No power.  DC has nothing but the DC police and this is all happening on federal property.  No state police or guard to call upon since DC isn't a state.

Don't think that is correct. In fact, sure it isn't. Last I heard was DoD was of the opinion that sending in the Guard or other military would be a dicey proposition due to the fact that they would be under the direct control of the Commander in Chief, i.e. Donald Trump.

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You are a disgrace. 

Coming from you, Thank you! Hope your rehabilitation is going well.

🏻This 

1 hour ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Right after Tubbs is sworn in, the capital's defense breaks down.

He will blame a coordinator.

There are not enough emojis in the world for this. You win.

1 hour ago, savorytiger said:

OMG! What is wrong with this man? Are we still waiting for him to understand the gravity of the office he holds and rise to the standard of being "presidential"? He's a cult leader. His followers are cult members. And collectively they are a danger to America.

36 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

You sadly are misinformed, bless your heart. 

If you can explain why all the Trump appointed judges threw out the lawsuits. Yet there is still a reason to believe large scale fraud happened, this is your time to educate. 

41 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Still disputing the 2016 election. 

Must have missed it when Hillary refused to concede the election and democrats stormed DC to stop Trump taking over. 

Archived