2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton (1/28 UGA)

ellitor

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I doubt it. We probably had 0% chance without Bobo 

It just seems like we would want to offer the top quarterbacks in the country. Maybe we stand no chance but why not? 

On 1/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Gunner is a dual-threat, and I alone Harsin’s style is pro.  I imagine they’ll figure a way to work this in, or is Gunner a really strong passer also or all of the above?

Giod god do you people ever watch any of the THOUSANDS of videos on Harsins offenses? 

There are literally thousands of clips you can watch from his days as OC at Boise, his OC days at Texas, and his HC days at Boise. I havent been able to find much from his Arkansas State team, but that was 1 year. There are more than enough to see what kind of offense he runs for himself. 

It sure seems like people just spout off whatever they see someone else say than take the time to look for themselves. 

Harsin does NOT run what anyone on this board would call a "pro style"  offense. His offense is not like the Tubs offense of old or the early Saban offenses. 85% of his snaps are out of the gun. Sure you will see some pro sets in there (the occasional FB or I-Formation) but you will also see the Wildcat. Harsin has always run it. You will see more 4 wide than an I-Formation. You will see some sets with 2 or 3 TEst but you will also see 5 wides with no one in the backfield but the QB. 

Seriously, there are THOUSANDS of YouTube videos out there to see his offensw for yourself. How anyone can actually watch multiple videos of his offense and with a straight face come back and say "I watched and its still a pro style" is beyond me...

39 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It just seems like we would want to offer the top quarterbacks in the country. Maybe we stand no chance but why not? 

why spend the time, money, and other resources it takes recruiting a kid with 0 shot to sign him. We prolly asked and were laughed out of the building if the report of Gunners dad being heavily involved and wants someone known for developing QBs. 

We didnt have that on the last staff

55 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Good point. 

Same reason we missed 5* Brock Vandergriff this class. 

Had we had Bobo on staff earlier, we prolly could have "stolen" that 5* legacy QB in this class. 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Gus never has wanted two competent QBs on his team.  As long as one was healthy he was good, any backup would suffice.

JMO, I think Gunner is the Baker Mayfield of this class. He is of similar stature (stocky), and can move around. He is not afraid to throw it into coverage but is accurate.

With Davis and Gunner following him the next year, we should have ourselves some very talented dual threats.

This is about to get really interesting. If Davis gets the start over Bo. Does Gunner sit and wait behind Davis for two years if he decides to commit to Auburn.

On 1/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, ellitor said:

@AUMicBKI will if we offer & there are reports of us showing major interest. There hasn't been any reports of that nature yet.

Heard we offered with Bobo leading the recruiting. 

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

According to rivals he is down to Auburn (Bobo) and Uga (of course). No leader

So we can say we didn't want him anyway of course!

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So we can say we didn't want him anyway of course!

Btw... This was actually written by the national guy, not AU. He also said he thinks Auburn stands a really good chance right now. 

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

It's a 50/50 toss up between Auburn and SC. Looks like he has a strong arm as well.

South Carolina ?  Think that ship has sailed 

2 hours ago, e808 said:

This is about to get really interesting. If Davis gets the start over Bo. Does Gunner sit and wait behind Davis for two years if he decides to commit to Auburn.

I would think that if Davis gets the nod over Bo then Gunner would understand he has a shot. CBH would obviously be willing to do it again I would think if Gunner is better.  

Archived